[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 176 KB, 485x366, I exist for sandwich preperation.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7107902 No.7107902 [Reply] [Original]

ITT what is your overall opinion of Thanksgiving?

Over the course of a week I have essentially celebrated it twice. Once at SAY the other time was tonight over at Voices.

Honestly...fuck this holiday. This holiday should be for homeless people.

We dedicate an entire day of the year to eating a specific type of food and talking about our lives as if anything significant has actually happened. What is the differnece between what you think of yourself last year or the year before compared to the current year

NOTHING! You're still the same guy and you may do little things every once in awhile to improve upon your self esteem but that is only for a day maybe even a week

This should be a holiday homeless people should enjoy because they themselves need to improve upon a lot and to be rewarded with a warm meal is a sign they earned it. Gathering around a bunch of successful white homeowners talking about stupid shit makes me hate this holiday even more especially when they wanna watch Football afterwards

>> No.7107945
File: 98 KB, 500x651, goril.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7107902

>> No.7107950
File: 2.95 MB, 270x360, homeless man tricked into accepting a free meal.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>>/int/
>>>/pol/

>>>/racism/
>>>/sexism/
>>>>/rant/

>> No.7108029

>>7107950
This is actually pretty fucked up

>> No.7108048

>>7107902
So what would the homeless be thankful for?

The name of the holiday would need to be changed to something like homeless harvest.

>> No.7108064

>>7107902
Listen here you little shit

Thanksgiving is the only secular holiday of the year with zero traditions and zero obligations. You get together with friends and family and eat a lot of food and shoot the shit. It is the best holiday of the year now that Christmas is a grotesque worship of rabid consumerism and nobody goes trick or treating anymore.

>> No.7108089
File: 50 KB, 500x371, leno_mesh_potato_bag.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I consider it a day off. Oh and I need to get a giant bag of potato and start roasting potato while mashing and making a bulk of mashed potato.

>>7108064
I notice their was a large spur of interest in Halloween this year compare to last year. I do not know why.