[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 68 KB, 500x375, anigif_enhanced-8848-1408491781-9_preview[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6838482 No.6838482 [Reply] [Original]

I'm 23. Lunch is delivered to work every day so I don't have to worry about eating during the day, but at night when I get home, if I don't have a ton of leftovers from lunch, I'll do something stupid like eat a bowl of oatmeal because it gives me more time to game.

My girlfriend does want to cook for me but our schedules don't really make that work.

Any advice on how to stop being a lazy piece of shit and start buying decent ingredients and then making a meal out of them?

>> No.6838488

Well, what do you like?

WAIT. Before you answer, put the ingredients to that on a grocery list and then buy those ingredients at the grocery store.

>> No.6838524

Cook for leftovers
When not cooking for leftovers, cook things that only take 15 minutes like fish

Working full time and cooking for one every single day is pushing it for anyone

>> No.6838543

>can't stop gaming long enough to feed self properly
>has gf

Doesn't compute

>> No.6838551

Crock pot bruh

Mad stews n shit

>> No.6838556

meat
heat
eat

>> No.6838589

>>6838482

>23
>more time to game

Really?

>> No.6838708

>>6838543
this
op leave your gf before she loeaves you

>> No.6838731
File: 996 KB, 150x148, 1395266132911.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6838482
suck some dick on the way home from work and sustain yourself off of semen you faggot

>> No.6839211

>>6838482
cook a lot of food, freeze, and warm up that premade food. this doesn't work with everything, but soup is especially useful, making a couple gallons of ox tail/beef barley soup or clam chowder, then warming it up in the pan or microwave with some additional water/milk is yummy. then you can do things like dip warm bread in the soup. make and freeze sandwiches that have feezable ingredients, set them in the fridge the night before you want to eat one, or if they ingredients are good warm, heat it up. meatball sandwiches are good for the latter, ban mi with the cilantro added right before eating is best for the former.( though you CAN heat a ban mhi. )

>> No.6839263
File: 45 KB, 443x409, 1438566147058.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6838482
since your schedule is erratic i suggest crockpot meals.

buy some tupperware and make a shitload of them, stews, spaghetti sauces, chili etc... then freeze them.

come gametime you can have dinner ready in 5-10 minutes with little to no prep besides microwave and dish washing.

done this for years working 50-80 hour weeks with no time to cook.
its also great because you can always pick and choose what you feel like eating and not be forced to make stuff because your food in the fridge is going bad.

>> No.6839271

>>6838482
>>6839263
if youre too lazy for that, switch to canned food and crackers, its what i used to do for lazy man lunches before i switched to premade salads.

hardmode is going mad every sunday making all premade meals for the week, but some people swear by it.

>> No.6839277

Repeat this to yourself like a mantra:

>I don't have kids. I can make meals for my own enjoyment. This is a luxury, not an obligation. After I am done here in the kitchen I will eat this entire meal and not have to share it.

>> No.6839284

pressure cookers can make fast healthy food.

pressure cook lentils with water and tomato paste for 6 minutes, let depressurize on its own (about 10 minutes), then pour into a bowl and add spices and hot sauce = very tasty.

>> No.6839291

>>6839284
>lentils
one more thing, always look through lentils carefully for rocks. A white plate is handy for this. I bit down on a rock eating lentils once, didn't crack a tooth, thankfully.

>> No.6839897
File: 87 KB, 320x543, pomiane.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6838482
Check out Cooking In Ten Minutes. It was written by a French scientist called Edouard de Pomiane back in the thirties "for the student, for the midinette, for the clerk, for the artist, for lazy people, poets, men of action, dreamers and scientists" and it's all about being no-bullshit efficient in the kitchen but still cooking proper food. It's the grand daddy of all the modern "15 minute meals" stuff.

The BBC did a sort of cooking show / historical drama thing based on it once. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzjyfqPe7ZE

The book provides hundreds of recipes, but it's also about getting into the mindset of throwing your burners on when you get in and getting a nice meal together without going nuts.

General ideas are to have your shit tidy so you're not fucking about finding pots and pans, get to the point that you can mindlessly keep pantry items stocked, and gradually build up enough of a process repertoire that you can just grab an ingredient you fancy from the shop and some things that go with it, then work out what dish you're actually doing on the fly.

>> No.6839917

>>6838482
You can make decent eats in a slow cooker, that take minimal effort. Like lasagna. Toss that shit on before work, and it'll be done when you get home.

>> No.6840122

>>6838524
>Working full time and cooking for one every single day is pushing it for anyone

Is this really true? I'm kind of in that position right now, and it isn't very fun. I was thinking about learning how to make some good soups, and then freezing stuff for later. Any other thoughts?

>> No.6840150

>Work in a kitchen
>always eat there (free food on off days, take food home on work days)
>Its closed for 2 months between seasons
I gotta cook for myself.

This is terrible. I'm going to buy a bunch of rice and beans, how do I make them taste good?

>> No.6840165

>>6838482
Learn how to cook 5 minute meals.