[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 264 KB, 1632x918, dubz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6836600 No.6836600 [Reply] [Original]

Which chain has the worst wings? I vote for Dominos not even fucking close soggy terrible expensive

>> No.6836607

Little Cesars.

>> No.6836611

>>6836600
Wendy's

>> No.6836615

>>6836600
Agreed with Dominos. I love their pizza and sandwiches, but holy shit their wings are terrible. They taste and feel like they're microwaved, even though they aren't. I don't know how they manage that.

>> No.6836626

>>6836600
Toss up between Applebee's and Buffalo Wild Wings.

Applebee's tend to have all-around terrible meat like ribs and steaks, basically anything not breaded and fried. And that's stupid because it's a god damn "restaurant."

And Buffalo Wild Wings are severely underwhelming despite it being a chain that's literally supposed to be dedicated to wings. It's shameful.

At least with a dumpy pizza chain you can kind of understand why they need budget wings and shitty sauces, because it's not really what they were meant to specialize.

>> No.6836627

>>6836600
all of them

>> No.6836693

>>6836600
Gonna have to give it to ya. Domino's wings are Arkansas tier. At least the beverage pairing is proper.

>> No.6836720

>>6836626
Buffalo Wild wings are actually the best. Best sauces and they dont cake on a bunch of nasty breading.

>> No.6836722

>>6836720

Nah, all about that Wingstop.

>> No.6836792

>always go to buffalo wild wings at night cause friends hates going during "busy" hour
>always end up with small wings
>end up thinking thats they always have
>go to Buffalo Wild Wings earlier
>have huge ass wings
oh god they're finally worth the prices they sell them at

>> No.6836952

Pizza hut wings arent bad well at least miles ahead of dominos

>> No.6836972

>>6836722
I love Wingstop. My only problem with them is that the wings are always so small. At every location i go to, they're puny. But the sauces make up for it I guess

>> No.6836978

>>6836722

mah nigga

Garlic parmesan are pretty damn good.

>> No.6836980

Domino's wings are worse than microwave frozen wings, atrocious. It's my fave chain pizza though. While pizza hut wings are surprisingly edible, almost good but I hate the pizza. Shit.

>> No.6836983

i feel sorry for the people who don't have a wings over near them. y'all missin out.

>> No.6836988

>>6836983
No we ain't

>> No.6836990

>>6836600
I've never had Domino's, so I can't say anything about theirs, but for the other chains:

Papa Johns:Totally meh tier. Sauces suck, think there are only 3 to pick from?
Jets:Meh again, but better than Papa's.
Pizza Hut: Has the best variety, but overall aren't great. I remember one time ordering the lemon pepper, and the dude on the phone was like "Man...just don't. They are NOT good." I appreciated that guys honesty...pizza huts parm garlic is good though, and so is their asian one.

None of these chains come close to quaker steak.

>> No.6837118

>>6836990
the dude from pizza hut seems based as fuck

>> No.6837124

>>6836600
COLT 45 AND 2 ZIG ZAGS

BABY THATS ALL I NEED

>> No.6837195

>>6836990
I'm surprised that Pizza Hut guy spoke so freely with you about that. That's pretty cool, I really enjoy when people in food service make appropriate recommendations.

>> No.6837216

>>6836972
I had this problem before and honestly since it's a franchise business I think it's a store to store problem.

The one I am currently closes to uses some big fucking wings, but the one in the previous area were fucking tiny (and over cooked all around shitty experience).

And before when I lived in LA (I'm in the OC now) same thing one by my house was great wings, but one by my work pretty underwhelming.

>> No.6837223

Last time I had dominos wings was back in high school, I remember them being alright.

But for me Pizza was always shit, the wings are tiny fried to hell and back and the sauces are pretty shit.

>> No.6837244

>>6836990
>I remember one time ordering the lemon pepper, and the dude on the phone was like "Man...just don't. They are NOT good."
I can concur.
There's a reason the discontinued lemon pepper.

>> No.6837255

>>6837223
I had Domino's wings a few years ago and they seemed to be alright. Buffalo Wild Wings are decent but nothing special. I was more impressed with their dutch apple pie.

>> No.6837259

>>6837195
I work at a low tier cafe/bar and I really appreciate when customers ask for recommendations. I know some items are legitimately fucking awful and I'd hesitate to serve them. Just say if you want something sweet/spicy, light/filling etc. and I 'll tell you what's good.

>> No.6837327

I can't think of anything worse than Zaxby's. Absolutely awful.

Best chain wings goes to Publix. Not every location has the good ones though.

>> No.6837344

The Marco's Pizza near me has the worst wings I've ever eaten in my life. Not sure if it's a chain-wide phenomenon or an isolated occurrence.

>> No.6837366

>>6837344
I had pretty much the same experience with their wings. Not good. Their sandwiches aren't great either. They're my favorite chain for pizza though.

Honestly, getting wings at a chain pretty much guarantees you're going to get mediocre wings.

>> No.6837368

food

>> No.6837491

>>6837368
Hi, yes, welcome to /ck/. I love your post, I read it five times. Please keep posting.

>> No.6837511

Burger King's wings don't taste like anything, they lack a serious lot of flavour. Thank god they had some bbq sauce

>> No.6837520

Papa John's.

>> No.6837803

Crown/Kennedy Fried Chicken
They always undercook their chicken

2nd worst would probably be Nathan's. The batter is just very thick

>> No.6837829

>>6837803
nyc?

>> No.6837843

>>6837829
Yea

>> No.6837881

Work at Dominos. Can concur. They're pretty fucking awful. Fucking hate portioning the things.

>> No.6838052
File: 1.90 MB, 3264x2448, 20150514_060924.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Got a little frydaddy deep fryer and haven't paid for wings at a restaurant since.

>> No.6839769
File: 68 KB, 709x765, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

there's a chain in my area called Gators Dockside that has some pretty shitty wings but everyone seems to love them anyways fucking wing normies, I use to get my wings at this place called Ale House they were pretty expensive but they were really good I even had a friend on the inside that got me 50% off so they were worth but then he got fired and now their too expensive for me, not really but I'm fucking cheap. Anyways then one day this restaurant called LoudMouth open up next to my house and i ended up giving them the wings test., it was the best fucking wings I ever had, I've found the perfect wing they were giant, juicy, and a good price they also came with a side of fries which were really good I'm not much of a fry person but these were on point and the sauce I would get was called jungle spice, don't even know what was in that shit but It was amazing, sadly tho the location is curse and no business stays open for more then a year, I've seen at least 10 different places come and go and my wing spot ended up closing down like the rest so my search for the perfect wings continue

>> No.6840059

>>6836626
I agree with you that BWW is highly overrated, and Applebees is Applebees so, duh, it's not good...

But the worst hot wings? Not even close. There's a million dive bars and pizza chains below it. Don't be a faggot.

>> No.6840075

>>6839769
you need to chronicle the different methodologies and approaches to chicken wings. these secrets must not die out

>> No.6840174

>>6840059
i like applebees boneless wings esp during happy hour

>> No.6840195

>>6838052
the frydaddy is nice

>> No.6840198

ironically Wingstop

>> No.6840241
File: 38 KB, 341x318, 1416766458378.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

BWW sucks

Basically they just get fired, and thrown in a tub that has been mixing the same sauce since lunch time. Pretty fucking disgusting. Best way is to get them extra crispy with sauce on the side.

And EVERYTHING in that shit restaurant is pre-made except produce, chicken wings, and the steak on the steak sandwich.

sauce: former line "cook"

>> No.6840262

Dicks wings IMO. The wings are always fucking dry as shit and I don't know how they accomplish that. Also every dicks in my town is ran by drug addicts
>order 5 bone in
> get boneless wings
>no big deal,same shit who cares
>tastes like they got nuggets from mcdonalds last night and served that to me
> send it back because it's literally inedible
> get bone in wings
>oh cool what I ordered
> look at plate
>bloody thumb print on the side
>point it out to waitress
>" oh that's ketchup don't worry about it"
> it's clearly fucking blood,it smells like blood. It's blood
>ask for a manager
> 35 minutes later,manage comes over
>" so what do you want"
> point out that one of his cooks is bleeding on the plate
>"oh dude that's probably just a sauce
>explain I'm a chef,know what blood looks like
> he gets up
>"MR FUCKIN FANCY PANTS OVER HERE,WHAT YOU COME TO BARS AND EXPECT 5 MICHELIN STAR QUALITY"
> just laugh and fucking leave
> as I'm leaving he throws the bill at me and tells me to never come back

I just wanted to watch the fucking game and eat wings. Not get hep c from some asshole

>> No.6841718

when did wings get so pricey?

>> No.6841761

>>6840262
>5 MICHELIN STAR
>5

ayy lmao

>> No.6841813

>>6841718
>when did wings get so pricey?
they became a fad and have a high demand now, which is fucking retarded because chicken wings are literally the shittiest part of the chicken.

big ad agencies convinced people this and turned shit into gold.
>muh tailgate parties
>muh sportsgame wings n beer
>muh eatin off the bones like a caveman

theres a reason why theyre always drenched in fuckhueg amounts of sauce, theyre shit meat. i dont buy them unless theyre on sale for more than 50% off, here in canada a box of wings goes for 10-15 bucks.

>> No.6841890

It was either a Domino's or a Pizza Hut where I got the worst wings of my fucking life.

Buddy and I ordered like twenty wings with some pizza because we were starving and half of the wings were what I like to call "mutant wings." These are the drastically oversized wings with so much fat/meat on them that they don't get cooked all the way through. They both look and smell hideous. We've all probably encountered some of these before, but I've never seen so many at one time in my life. Never again.

Other bad wing experiences include:

Checkers. The wings were actually not bad but the niggers working there at the night shift must have fucked with them because I ordered the spiciest kind but the sauce was super-concentrated. I'm not heat bitch, and I love really spicy things but these fucked me up after a few bites. My friend was with me at the time and I had him try them and he was coughing after a single bite.

There was also this local restaurant that does a really cheap wing night where it's all-you-can-eat. I finished about 20 wings and then the next plate that came out there were still feathers on one of the wings. That means the chefs were either too lazy or too stupid to remove that wing from being friend, and the server was too lazy or too stupid to notice it before serving it to me. It was fucking disgusting. I can see why someone would think "oh it's just a feather just rip it out and eat it!" but this shit was stuck to the wing and all mangled from the fryers, and then subsequently smothered in sauce it was nasty.

Best wings are from this other local joint around me. Wings are always super crispy from the fryer, good sizes, all the sauces are great. They have this one super spicy barbeque sauce that is amazing.

>> No.6841942

By far the worst is dominos rubbery mushy small. It's literally like they microwave them disgusting and they aren't cheap. How is little Caesars wings?

>> No.6841957

>>6837881
I'm just mad we don't sell them in 16pieces vs 14 bothers the shit out of me.

>> No.6841970

Dominos wings have a weird squishy texture. When I worked there it helped to run them through the oven twice. It gave them a bit of char that tasted alright. Also it blew my mind that dominos wings came in the bag already sauced as BBQ wings. So if you order BBQ wings nothing gets added to them at all and if you get honey garlic wings they dump HG sauce on top of the BBQ wings after cooking. The more you know.

>> No.6842678

>>6841718
since there were only 2 wings per chicken

>> No.6842684

why do people order wings from pizza joints?

>> No.6842774

>>6842684
convenience

>> No.6843094

>>6836600
Taco Johns has the worst wings.
If you can call their boneless lumps that.
But what do you expect ordering wings at a fast food Mexican resteraunt.

>> No.6843136

>>6836600
I like dominoes' wings but then again, european dominoes =/= american dominoes

>> No.6843137

>>6836607
Hands down

>> No.6843139

>>6843094
boneless wings aren't wings; they're just saucy nuggers

>> No.6843153

>>6843136
/ck/ probably wouldn't like yours either. They are just being picky aspie brats per usual. There really isn't much difference between domino's and others' wings.

>> No.6843168

>>6843153
I mean, they aren't the best I've had, but I've had even worse ones from smaller local pizza shops and shoarma stores and shit