[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 21 KB, 424x340, meat_before_after_co.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6834147 No.6834147[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So the carnism thread was deleted, with no explanation. Since it is clearly within the rules, perhaps we have an inexperienced janitor, or they were drunk. We all make mistakes, it's ok.

Anyway, to continue where we left off.
Omnivore: A person who eats a wide variety of animal and plant foods
Vegetarian: A person who doesn't eat meat
Vegan: A person who doesn't eat any animal foods
Carnist: An extremist who believes vegetables are out to get him

You'll notice that many ex-carnists on /ck/ are middle aged, at the advice of their doctor. But in your 20s, you are absolutely right and everyone else is wrong and stupid. Therefore, you abuse yourself because it's a way to fight some crazy lady you read about on wikipedia.

>> No.6834155

>>6834147

just asking: are there other know effects on meat from using carbon monoxide?
a remember using cheap meat from supermarket to make a goulash a few times, strangely too red, and even when i cooked it for hours the meat wasn´t tender... stayed chewy and dry...
i don´t buy meat using carbone monoxide since...

>> No.6834168

>>6834155
That was probably just shitty meat

Correlation, causation, etc, etc

>> No.6834176

>vegan: an extremist who thinks cows are more important than people's lives

>> No.6834178

>>6834168
yes i though about this possibility too.. but its happend too much and with different cuts ( steacks, goulash, roast.... )

>> No.6834180

>>6834176
That would be an Indian(Hindu)

>> No.6834183

>>6834176
>beef tenderloin and boneless chicken breast are the only meats I know, therefore the only animals people eat are cows and chickens
Things carnists believe

>> No.6834185

>>6834180
>all Indians are Hindu.

>> No.6834191

>>6834183
You've got a point. I can make this WAY more insulting.

>vegan: an extremist who thinks bivalves are more important than people's lives

There we go.

>> No.6834192

>>6834147
>Since it is clearly within the rules,

6. The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

8. Complaining about 4chan (its policies, moderation, etc) on the imageboards may result in post deletion and a ban.

>> No.6834195

>>6834178
ok, i just googled it, and i found something about "High O2-MAP" conservation technic for meat ( high oxygen concentration)
who deliver a nice red color for days but bad quality of tasting ( rancid, toughness, macro biological ) of the meat ...