[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 813 KB, 2048x1152, 20150529_203005.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6551267 No.6551267 [Reply] [Original]

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robin-miller/stir-fried-chicken-and-vegetables-recipe0.html

Wanna know how I know this bitch never actually used this recipe?

>serves 4

Bullshit, this is enough food for like 8 people. And to top it off, it's all now swimming in a fucking pool of chicken broth and soy sauce because I followed the fucking directions.

Fuck this, /ck/. Give me a stir fry recipe that wasn't written by a robot or a fucking Indian churning out bullshit recipes to get more page views.

>> No.6551276

>using any mass market recipes
>ever

I hope you learned your lesson, OP.

>> No.6551325

This is why you don't try to stir fry anything in your kitchen. You don't have a hot enough burner and you don't have a big enough wok. You're going to end up with boiled chicken and steamed veggies, every single time, no matter what.

Ignore me if you want, but you're just going to be wasting your time. Cook something else.

>> No.6551355

>>6551267
>1 whole onion
>2 cups carrots
>2 cups of peas
>1 whole can of corns
>2 cups of broccoli
I don't know why you think this would serve 4.

>Broiling everything in liquid
>Stir fry

>Written by a white woman.

By the way stir frying is a technique not a type of dish. There are different Chinese dishes that involve chicken and veggies that involve stir frying, but nobody call them chicken and veggies stir fry.

>> No.6551371
File: 1.90 MB, 320x244, 1407091600316.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6551355
>1 whole can of corns
Corn? Really?

>> No.6551381

>>6551355
>>6551371
So do you guys have any recipes written by real-life zipper heads that are actual recipes that don't fucking suck?

>> No.6551387

>>6551381
Like that other anon said, you're not a Chinese restaurant. A frying pan does not a wok make. If you want to do vegetarian, try Buddha's delight, dan dan mian, or fried rice or something.

>> No.6551409

>>6551267
first of all op
> using a recipe for stir fry
second
> using a recipe without any reviews

>> No.6551443

>there are people in this thread who thinks they can ONLY stirfry with a wok

Nigga all you gotta do is cut up everything into bit sized pieces in accordance to density of ingredients

for example a inch of broccoli will cook faster than an inch of carrot etc etc so cut up everything in accordance to when everything is cooked just right, that is if you're a neanderthal who just dumps everything into a pan and put a lid over it

if you stir fry like any competent folk you would put everything into a separate container and cook stuff separately until they're cooked just right then when everything is cooked you put it all into the hot pan and put whatever seasoning into the food for and take it out before you cook the thing to mush

The only time you add any type of liquid into the pan is if the food has no liquid of its own to get cooked by or if the pan is really hot enough for you to put a bit of liquid into, don't put alot of liquid into the pan, really the only time you want to use liquids is if you want to

A) cook stuff faster using the liquid as a steamer
B) Liquid has flavors you want to impart

B is only an option if you're using liquids dense with seasonings, if you want to use broth reduce it

Also as a general rule depending on the heat and size of the pan you might want to cook multiple batches of stir fry if you gotta cook alot

>> No.6551444

>>6551381

Hot thai kitchen.

Trust me, you'll thank me later.

Best thai food I've ever made.

>> No.6551447

>>6551371
No Anon, corns. Hence, a whole can of more than one corn. Therefore being collectively recognized as corns, as they are perceived as a macro construct. A group, or one whole that exists o many individuals.

>> No.6551448

seriouseats.com

there you go

>> No.6551453

>>6551325

That's not even a goddamn wok. Of course it's not going to work properly.

>> No.6551476

>>6551453
>implying woks are required to stir fry

>> No.6552428

You don't need a wok to make stir fry. Hell, stir frying isn't that different from sauteing. You just need to adapt your technique. You also shouldn't need a recipe, except maybe for the sauce. Just use whatever vegetables and meat you have in your fridge.
You most likely didn't pre-heat your pans nearly enough, and from the looks of it you overcrowded both of them.
My general procedure for stir fry is:
>pre-heat dry stainless steel skillet over medium heat for ~5 minutes (I have an electric burner)
>add oil
>add sliced/chopped veggies in order of time required to cook them, ex: broccoli and carrots, then bell peppers after a few minutes, then zucchini and garlic after another few minutes
>add meat (cooked seperately) and sauce when veggies are finished

For sauce I use equal parts soy sauce, fresh lime juice, and hoisin. I also add a bit of rice vinegar, minced ginger, corn starch, and five-spice powder.
Feel free to experiment with different ingredients and techniques until you get a result that you're happy with.

>> No.6552432

who the fuck needs a recipe to make a stir fry