[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 157 KB, 1024x858, 1024px-Taylor_pork_roll_slices_on_pkg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6532538 No.6532538 [Reply] [Original]

What does /ck/ think of this staple food of NJ? Apparently there are two rivalling festivals for it today

>> No.6532544

>>6532538
Looks like it would be breddy gud with some eggs, hash browns, and toast.

>> No.6532576

>>6532538
I have relatives in Philly and South Jersey, so I've had the stuff. It's tasty in a very processed, trashy way. Imagine bologna, but made from a mix of ham and bacon, sliced thick and fried.

It would be the perfect meat for a breakfast sandwich is sagey sausage patties didn't already exist.

>> No.6532605

looks like spam

>> No.6532620

Am I the only non-veg, non-jew/muslim who can't stand the taste of pig meat? Bacon, ham, whatever. It makes me feel physically sick.

>> No.6532708

>>6532620
Some people are allergic to pork. I have a friend who is. Could be that in your case.

Also almost all of the pork (and chicken for that matter) sold in the US is absolute garbage. When you have it in a country that doesn't raise their meat in shit conditions it tastes much better, and has better texture.

>> No.6533070

i love taylor ham. had some for breakfast this morning. why it hasn't caught on outside of NJ is beyond me, although I hear it's popular in Hawaii.

>> No.6533080

nothing in this world is better than a pork roll egg and cheese on a toasted everything bagel made by jews

>> No.6533087

>>6532708
No American who has not travelled has had decent chicken or pork.

Not one.

>> No.6533093

NJ here, if you think it's a staple you're retarded. It's decent but not amazing.

>> No.6533118

>>6533087
calm the fuck down

>> No.6533129

>>6533087
Oh boy, the butthurt anti-American shitposting brigade woke up

>> No.6533136

>>6533087
>smug asshole: the post
You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Not one.

>> No.6533153

>>6533087
Here we fucking go .......

>> No.6533161

Love it but I get taylors sliced in 8ths, put that on toast with ketchup.

>> No.6534717

>>6533087

I have seen the golden chicken and I can assure you son, there is glory in American chicken!

When I was in college in a generic flyover state that rhymes with "flyowa" I went out drinking with 2 buddies. We came back to his parents house, slept, and hung around for the mid day feast. His parents had a small farm but raised a small batch of chickens. They decided to kill 2 of them, sacrificing their meat for our sins. His mother than roasted/broasted one and fried the other.

I have also been to some high end restaurants with some very, very high quality chicken. This was not your McChicken and the Sysco food truck didn't deliver it 3 mornings ago.

As a guy who has been to 3 continents and 9 countries, I can attest to you that chicken tendies will always taste like tendies no matter where you are.

>> No.6535236

>go to wawa
>only one sizzli left
>pork roll, egg, cheese
>get it because it can't be that bad
>eat it
>disappointed
>tastes like a shitty, processed version of ham crossed with bologne, and I scarce enough like ham as it is and hate bologne
>waste of 500 calories

Only trashy guidos eat pork roll. Here in glorious souf jerzey, we have jersey tomatoes. THOSE are divine. And no one outside NJ can ever have any because it has to be grown in a home garden and eaten within a day or two, through preferably straight off the vine. North jersey is full of uppity beachniggers and jew yorkers who think they're better than everyone else. And their food is all disgusting, only the sun baked their brains enough that they can't tell. They probably eat shit out of each other's asshole, too.

>> No.6535243

Desperately wish they sold Taylor Ham outside the states. It's delicious. Salty, fatty, slightly sour and the perfect compliment to eggs and cheese product (would be disgusting with actual cheese though).

>> No.6537144

>>6535243
>>6533070
Found the North Jersey fags. It's called a pork roll, not Taylor ham.
>>6535236
Best tomatoes and best corn.