[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 116 KB, 940x627, 4230880-3x2-940x627.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6530013 No.6530013 [Reply] [Original]

/tv/ here, what the hell is wrong with this board?
Nobody here even likes cookery.

You never talk about anything other than the most mainstream food and recipes, you have no interest in the medium, you have no interesting personal taste.

As far as art-form boards go this is hands down the worst.

And I know what some of you are going to say:
>But at least we're not lifeless hipsters like /moo/ or /lit/ etc.

Now, while it may be true that some people take it too far, at least the people on those boards have ACTUAL interest in their mediums.

They want to develop a distinct taste, they want to get deeper understanding.
Here you find none of that, hell, this board is so shallow even Assarat is considered obscure.

Don't you want to learn more about cookography?
Don't you want to broaden your perspective?
Do people here even cook meals apart from the occasional hyped steak sandwiches?
I mean, where's the love for your medium?

The only thing here that seems to generate at least some interest out of the ordinary is viral tastetube videos.
If only you could discuss food & drink with the same passion you have for your memes.

Sorry for being so harsh, but you guys really need to step your game up.
You may contrast the usual 4chan taste elitism, but you're so far in the other end of the spectrum it's just embarrassing.
Sometimes it's better to have a slightly elitist taste than to have no taste at all.

Okay, that's all I wanted to say, bye.

>> No.6530022

Gnob.

>> No.6530027

There are some decent threads that come out of here, but the board is dominated by fast food, convenience food, I hate <x> cuisine, and bad YouTube videos. Bread, coffee/tea, beer, liquor, knife sharpening, BBQ, and cook along threads are usually pretty good quality.

Captcha: Bread

>> No.6530031

Well I posted two threads and in one I was mocked for being a hipster and in the other was criticized for my writing style.

So it's fucking Joey Broey and Ken Men threads and how to boil water for hotdogs from now on.

And that broadin the pic related gives me the creeps.

>> No.6530034

>>6530013
This seems like b8 but there is some truth here

Weve gotten shittier guys
Seemed to happen as the board has sped up as well

>> No.6530038

>>6530013

>that image

Look like gelfling. Smell like gelfling!

>> No.6530041

>>6530031
>gives me the creeps
That's racist. Aborigines are people, too. Sort of.

Not all of them can have cute face, fat body like Deborah Mailman.

>> No.6530045

>>6530013
>Posting Australian fauna on a nutella flyover state discussion board.

>> No.6530046

>>6530038
I think Aughra looks more like Oprah Winfrey than an Abbo, but I see where you're comin' from.

>> No.6530047

>>6530034
I think stickies and wikis would bring up the quality of the board. That way we can contain the bullshit threads and not have 5 Ken threads, 4 vegan vs everyone else threads, and 3 threads about the "best" fast food.

>> No.6530053

>>6530013
You posted a thread to air out your pussy?

>> No.6530061

>>6530041
Of all the indigenous peoples of the world, Ausfags got the shortest end of the stick .

>> No.6530067

>>6530047
Ive been a long proponent for a sticky and dedicated threads but not much movement has been made

More cooking OC might help but there has been less interest in cook along threads. They usually develop into ridicule as well

>> No.6530068

>>6530047
Those don't bother me. The rampant trolling in good threads that derails them beyond redemption does. I don't read those sorts of threads. I just hide'em.
But when we're having a nice thread discussion about something and someone starts trolling it incessantly, that's a bit of a nuisance.

>> No.6530070
File: 38 KB, 190x190, 20150521_062132.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6530047
There is nothing wrong with Ken and Joey threads. They provide comic relief. Mods constantly delete them, yet the masses want and enjoy them. This is wrong.

>> No.6530072

>>6530053
Youre not helping you fucking prick

Goddamnit youre being part of the problem

>> No.6530080

I could be mistaken, but aren't we due for a sticky before the end of the year? Thought I read about it briefly a while back

>>6530053
What a faggot-ass trip

>> No.6530086

>>6530067
see >>6530068
A lot of people don't post OC because of the never-ending trollstorm that follows it.

>> No.6530087

>>6530072
Okay. Sorry.

>> No.6530088

>>6530086
>develop into ridicule

yah but thats a difficult issue to tackle

its almost like we would need more effective mods

>> No.6530091

>>6530070
Fuck off mate. These threads shit up the board.

>> No.6530094

>>6530088
You know, I suspect the janitors are the ones doing half the trolling, to be honest.

>> No.6530101

>>6530091
No. YOU fuck off. Your intolerant attitude is part of the problem. There are people here who enjoy those threads. Meanwhile you don't have to click on them or read them.

>You don't like what I like or like what I don't like so fuck off.

This isn't your personal fucking board.

>> No.6530103

>>6530094
I've suspected that for quite some time. Now watch this thread get deleted.

>> No.6530106

>>6530094
Cat's out of the bag.

>> No.6530111

>>6530070
I'm fine with the threads. They are on topic at least, even if they are about shit tier food. I just hate seeing multiple threads about the same person. I'd also hate it if every other thread was about a celebrity chef also.

>> No.6530123

>>6530013
/ck/ related shit is of interest to most people: neets, board casuals, normies, fitizens, landwhale incels, weebs, SJWs

Because of this our board got hit pretty damn hard from the mainstream influx of 2014 and now summer is upon us. We're lucky that quality threads OC and posters still manage to stick around. But I agree, OP. Basically we tumblr now.

>> No.6530136

>>6530091
Hide vegan threads and Joey/Ken/YT-celebrity-of-the-week threads and others. Just ignore them.
It's like John Waters. An interviewer asked him about people who watched his movies and complained about them being vulgar and crude and bad. "Why did you watch it, then" he said. "Why didn't you get up and leave the theatre? That's what I did when Forrest Gump started running."
Same principle. I don't bother with the things I don't like. Why not you, too. You might be happier for it.

>> No.6530139

>>6530101
Kindly kill yourself you pathetic SJW trash

>> No.6530145

Crossboarders who come for instructions on nutrition, making basic foods since they don't know how to cook, or similar end up staying for the memes and fast food/ snack food threads. Plus the creation of /diy/ (and later /out/) siphoned away two of our biggest regular types of content, home brewing and home growing threads. Our better tripfags who posted frequent OC have since moved on to greener pastures as well and few people have bothered taking up the mantle of posting similar content. We do have other topics that get discussed, but a lot of them tend to be image dumps with an occasional post about how you might make something or too niche to last very long.

Aside from that, not everything relevant to /ck/ is always directly about cooking. /v/ has feminism in video games or whatever hot issues are going on now, /tv/ has actresses, we have stuff about kitchen equipment and knife care, experiences in the kitchen with incompetent peers or picky eaters, discussions of various cooking celebrities, etc. /ck/ has its issues, and there are quite a few, but it's not a bad place overall. Hell, the topics we have now aren't even bad ones. There's just too many of them and not enough of other things. All this board really needs is a source of OC again.

>> No.6530151

We had DaW/ck/. I called it Richard DaW/ck/ins. No one else did. :-(

DaW/ck/ was "Dish a Week /ck/." Some kind Anon started it and there were a few entries each week. It wasn't a competition. Just a way for people to cook and cook and cook, but people stopped participating because by week four because it got trolled into the ground. :-(

>>6530123
>influx of 2014
Yeah, that's about when it really started to go to shit, I think.

>> No.6530220

>>6530151
That shit made it to drudge and then fucking -everybody- went to /b/.
The ones who didn't get btfo stuck around and maintained their social jew mentality instead of adapting to board culture. The clash of cultures resulted in the hybrid of username shitposting mixed with Iols and smiley-faces that is our new standard

>> No.6530222

>>6530046

I was worried nobody would get the reference.

>> No.6530249
File: 97 KB, 997x275, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6530070
Fuck off plebe. Those threads were shitting up the boards. I'm glad the janitors take action now.

>> No.6530253
File: 508 KB, 1264x705, Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 10.33.18 AM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6530013

>> No.6530252

>>6530013
Fascinating insight. What's your position on tipping, OP?

>> No.6530301

>>6530111
I agree with multiple threads being stupid. One thread is fine. A dedicated thread for popular subjects of ongoing interest would be best. Sort bid like the junk drawer at home.

>> No.6530304

>>6530013
/ck/ got invaded by a bunch of retards from /r9k/ and /b/ about a year and a half ago

They can't/don't cook

>> No.6530305

>>6530139
See, this is exactly the sort of childish baby prattle that everyone talks about.

What a man you are. What a man.

>> No.6530310

>>6530249
What shits up the boards, is a core group of extremely bitter assholes, like you, who shitpost and derail every OC thread they don't like.

>> No.6530319

>>6530310
>literally supporting advertising/spam threads

Get cucked

>> No.6530329

>>6530310
I concurve.

>> No.6530336

>>6530013
Coming from /tv/ to bitch about a board that actually stays on topic and isn't full of memes and spamming.

You can't even discuss Louie CK anymore without the thread getting deleted even though it's on topic because you'll be spammed with cuck memes and trolling and off topic green text stories that have been copy pasted hundreds of times.

Fuck off back to your own shit board where you can't even discuss the topic of the fucking board. All you assholes do is post pictures of little girls feet and talk about how you wish you could fuck someone even remotely attractive.
You just can't keep that shit to /s/ /gif/ huh? You just have to post nsfw shit on a blue board.

Fuck you, you baiting piece of garbage.

>> No.6530340

>>6530319
Oooh look, they're already here to ruin this board with their cuck meme.

I wish janitors would do their fucking job.

>> No.6530346

>>6530145
This has been pointed out before but there is really only so much oc you can bring to the topic of cooking and food, and it's usually just image dumping or personal experiences with food.. like what more do you want? And I'm genuinely asking, do you have any idea of what other kind of oc we could post here?

>> No.6530361

>>6530070
>>6530101
It's undeniably a step in the right direction that the tide has finally turned against the YouTurd cancer on this board.

I would compare it to the way that /b/ was once plagued with a continuous flood of fucking MLP threads. Perhaps that awful shit could have been tolerated on /b/, had it been kept to some small number of threads in proportion with the small number of posters who had interest. Instead, they flooded the shit out of /b/ with pony threads and spammed non-pony threads with avatarfagging, until they were purged from /b/. And now, /b/ is better with them gone (although that's obviously not saying much).

The main difference, of course, is that where the MLP plague was perpetrated by trolls and autistic horsefuckers, most /ck/ youtube cancer is probably posted by the sad fucks who own the youtube channels they feature, so it's more clearly against the rules. I'm guessing that this is also the reason that the idiots insist on posting a new thread for every video.

>>6530094
>What is 4chan

>> No.6530363

>>6530305
If you enjoy those threads, the faggots who post them, or stick up for others who support them, then you're garbage. Mentally, physically, garbage with the mentality of a twelve year old. Plain and simple. Please put a bullet in your brain before your own arteries lodge years worth of cholesterol into it and you die of a stroke.

>> No.6530365

>>6530013
I stopped contributing when I was bullied with constant "back to reddit" and "this is not your fucking food blog" insults.

>> No.6530368

>>6530319
Another case of "Stop liking what I dont like Wah - Wah - Wah"

Grow up.

>> No.6530375

>>6530365
Hang in there, buddy. We've all been through the same stuff.

>> No.6530378

>>6530346
see >>6530151
That. That's what I want.

>>6530220
I always used smiley faces, even before the influx. But not a fucktonne like I see now. Also, are you talking about the influx with your comments about board culture and drudgery or about DaW/ck/? I liked DaW/ck/. We should reattempt it. Perhaps I will.

>> No.6530385

>>6530361
Well, I can see your point of view. I'm personally against spamvertising as well. The soylent and taco bell posts are the most obvious of these.

But the food reviewer posts are undeniably popular, provide an outlet for baiting and a fair bit of shit posting.

I think the answer would be a dedicated review the thread. That way those who wanted to join the mess could happily do so while those who wanted to discuss other things could ignore the idiocy.

Then of course delete and permaban as appropriate in the main board area.

>> No.6530392

>>6530363
Bitter, spiteful, nasty, frustrated, you are a souffle that has failed to rise, the penny left under the plate for the waiter to find.

You are the garlic clove hidden in the angel food cake, the sardine in the glass of champagne.

You sir, are Captcha personified.

>> No.6530400

>>6530392
And you are obviously a fan of rejected Alanis Morissette lyrics

>> No.6530402

>>6530365
I've gotten that quite a few times.

>> No.6530407

>>6530400
Really? Maybe I should send her some of my posts. Who knows, I might make some money.

>> No.6530445

>>6530378
Oh I was talking about the influx last year after that /b/tard killed that girl and it was on drudge and other news outlets.
DaW/ck/ and similar board activities are great. Kinda miss BIN/CK/O, and there used to be a monthly cooking challenge by a trip but I forget which one.

>> No.6530452

>>6530407
>Who knows, I might make some money
something tells me this isn't an issue for you

>> No.6530461

>>6530445
I don't read Drudge and was unaware of a /b/tard murdering anyone last year.

Lets you and I get together and go bowling. And by 'get together and go bowling,' I mean restart DaW/ck/.

>> No.6530465

>>6530452
You would be more right than wrong actually

>> No.6530495

>>6530346
I want home growing threads to come back. I want home brewing threads to come back. I want more threads like the ones fuckflour would make about baking. I want more threads like heartsonfire would make, where she'd dump cookbooks or host cook offs. I want more people making meals, taking pictures of their meals along the way, and then posting them step by step. I want people who don't know what they're doing in terms of cooking to try a recipe, take a picture of the result, tell us how it turned out and tell us what they did and let us help them. I want people to post about their stories of eating out, of making food. I want people to take a picture of what they eat and post it, to exchange recipes. To talk about food from where they live. I want people to talk about their experiences with anything food or cooking related from fast food and celebrity chefs down to full on homesteading and experiences in the industry.

There are so many different ways to share and create OC on /ck/ and we used to have a lot of them. As time has gone on people have gotten more hostile to specific kinds of OC and people have become less and less willing to share as a result, other kinds have migrated elsewhere, others have simply fallen out of favor. We still have OC now, some of what I mentioned above in this and my earlier post. But we're limiting ourselves and it shows in the quality of this board.

>> No.6530530

>>6530495
This. It's too bad because it's comparatively easy to make OC for this board, but a lot of it moved off to /diy/ or /out/, and the rest just gets trolled/ridiculed into the ground.

>> No.6530539

>someone from /tv/ criticizing the quality of a board

Jesus fucking christ

>> No.6530560

>>6530013
Assuming you're not trolling, check out the /ck/ challenge (this year's one ended last week.)
They are called pretentious namefags, but it's full of OC. It's the only salvageable thing from this board.

inb4 hate and shitpost

>> No.6530567

>>6530560
>check out the /ck/ challenge
Don't be laughable