[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 49 KB, 620x392, lottery.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6525398 No.6525398 [Reply] [Original]

So I just bought a lottery ticket. It's a big jackpot this one. Those of you with restaurant ideas, why should I invest in yours? Post your best dishes.

>> No.6525406
File: 15 KB, 612x407, 03-chicken-wings-pizza.w529.h352.2x.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Shameless self bump with an idea of my own. Because wings thats why.

>> No.6525420

I'll give you four reasons and none are dishes:
And blowjobs.

>> No.6525738

Dim sum.

>> No.6525756

>> No.6527495

>>6525398
Did you win? If so, can I have 50k to start a food truck. I want the truck to specialize in tacos. Totally original and we'll make some money OP let's do it.

>> No.6527892

Give it to me. We'll make a joint that takes dessert foods and makes them into savory entrees. For dessert, savory dishes turned dessert.

Name TBD; patent pending.

>> No.6527993

I don't want nor need your filthy charity. I can start my own place, I just lack the inspiration currently.

>> No.6528107

>>6527993
What are you going to serve? maybe some cheese with that whine?

>> No.6528166
File: 168 KB, 640x697, wonbrXt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Got this from a friend, its called the Lie, Cheat and Steal dish. Basically, someone makes a delivery order, then I send a guy to ring the customer's doorbell, take the customer's money and then punch him in the stomach before running away.

There's also this other dish (name TBD) where I hang a burger from the ceiling with a string. When it's time to serve, I cut the string and let the burger fall to the ground, making a huge mess!

>> No.6529655

A jetsons themed restaurant.
Everything looks like some zany 50's/60's future tech exhibition
Booths
>Customers order from an interface
>The table at the booth has food pop up with the placemat and setting
>Perhaps with a trainyard roundabout delivery system

Normal tables
>have lanes with conveyor belts that the waiters use to go to and from the kitchen
>Tables produce light wherever something is placed down on them, your plate has a light glow underneath
>The coaster follows your drink around wherever the customer decides to place it

Wait staff
>do meals get delivered automatically?
>robots
>floating meals fom the kitchen
>lights beam down from the ceiling and the meal is lowered into place
>Scifi attire and uniforms
>basically cosplay
>some are probably robots

Meals
>ANything scifi
>Matrix tasty wheat, other scifi references
>exotic animals
>bunch of other scifi crap
>theme cocktails and drinks

>> No.6529658

>>6525398
I would start a restaurant based on Game of Thrones/medieval European food. Not sure about entertainment (jousting may be a bit too much) but something along those lines. Maybe sword fights? Also legit medieval food, no fake bullshit.

Alternatively: a restaurant with insect based food.

>> No.6529690
File: 1.33 MB, 392x400, happy pizza-eating negroid.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want to make a restaurant designed to teach people the importance of presentation and atmosphere.

I'll hire excellent chefs from around the world and supply it with everything they say they need. The theme? Taste test lab. The walls, floors and lights will be sterile white. The lights will be fluorescent and flickering. Everyone is seated in their own little 5'x5' room away from the other people they may have come in with, and the menus will be unlaminated index cards. The employees will all wear lab coats and aprons and are required to talk to the clients bluntly and quickly.

The food will never have garnish and will always be served on Styrofoam plates with plastic cutlery in lazy piles. The effort will be there - you're paying for a 5-star meal - but it won't be immediately obvious.

>> No.6529751

Not really caring about being in the food business but I would go for a Hipster themed restaurant that actively promotes hipster things but none of the things are permanent. If Kale burgers with avocado on Mushroom cap buns other fads are a thing to them, serve it and make it mainstream, then when those are no longer a thing move on to the next.

>> No.6529757

>>6529751
But plenty of restaurants already do that.

>> No.6529763

>>6529757
But with names like 'Hip Hipster Haven' or some other ridiculous bullshit and with decor with whatever their taste is for that season?

>> No.6530431

>>6525398
I'm goona buy a massive plot of land and make a suikoden 2 theme park complete with Hai Yo's restaurant!

>> No.6530913

OP here. Sorry friends, my lottery ticket was not a winner. I was so sure I had this victory in the bag. In any case, I'm sorry. I have no money to give away at any of your brilliant ideas. I'll tell you what. I just bought another lottery ticket. I have a really good feeling about this one.

>> No.6531055
File: 82 KB, 480x360, Canopy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Have the kitchen on the shore of a huge lake. Customers take their aperitif down the pier to their comfy rowing boat (with detachable covers in case it rains), like the one in this pic but with reclining chairs so you can sit way back and chill.

You row it out onto the lake, check out the electronic menu screen built into the dining table and enjoy your drink, then when you're ready to order, you select your food on the screen, insert your credit card into a card reader and pay, and the order is sent to the kitchen via wi-fi. Then when your food is ready a waiter shows up on a jet ski and serves your food before zipping off back to the kitchen. Or maybe it's delivered by RC quadcopter, that would be fun.

You can have all kinds of seasonal dishes brought over but you can also just buy some more time in the boat so you don't have to row back after a big meal. Actually, maybe the waiters could tow you out onto the lake and back, or the boats could even have their own motors and you can steer them around using the screen.

>> No.6531060
File: 1.22 MB, 1024x768, 15-Amazing-Images-of-the-World’s-Floating-Markets.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6531055

>> No.6531068

epic bacon themed bacon restaurant with side sriracha

>> No.6531137

Restaurant based in a village or outskirts of small town using highly seasonal weekly-changing ingredients mostly from the immediate area (100 miles). Focusing on high quality meats including game meat.

Traditional old-world recipes with modern plating techniques.

>> No.6531345

>>6531068
But is it gluten free?

>> No.6531764

Greek styled "Subway" for Gyros. Call it Gyro Hyro(Hero). Thank me later.

>> No.6531770

>>6531137
Are you Mark Birchall?

>> No.6531776

>>6531770
No but L'Enclume looks interesting if not a tad pretentious. I wouldn't go all hippie on this restaurant idea and go pick wild flowers to serve to my diners. Just focus on farm to table produce of the best quality.

Also I'm very much into offal so I would serve my animals head to toe.

>> No.6531788
File: 731 KB, 1254x1800, img000001.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think I'd open a manga cafe-esque place where people can sit down and read books while they're there, with the option of purchasing anything they like after. I'd like to have regular customers so it'd be located near a university that's in a backwoods town or on the side of a state route a lot of people use to drive to their jobs. Live music on the weekends and maybe some occasional art workshops or something.

>> No.6531799

>>6529690
I suddenly want to make an experiment type restaurant. Run psychology experiments in addition to testing crazy food dishes.

>> No.6531805

The next big up and coming restaurant type is asian noodle houses. Choose a noodle type (thin, thick, hand-pulled, maybe soba and rice noodles), choose a flavor (lamb cumin, szechuan beef, chicken teriyaki, singaporean shrimp, etc), choose stir-fried or soup.

>> No.6532371

>>6531776
>>6531770
So a grange/granger restaurant, then.

I live in a big city and there are a few grange restaurants here, three of which I know the chefs own private farms and get about half their stuff there.

A school a ways away from here that's associated with the school I attended here is 100% grange. It's a boarding school and all food served to the students, faculty and staff is raised on a private farm run by students, faculty and staff.

>> No.6532383

A pizza restaurant where the diners make their own pie.

>> No.6532403

>>6531805
If it was 1985 maybe.

>> No.6532413

>>6532383
Why would they eat pie in a Pizzeria?

>> No.6532423

>>6532413
Valid question.
I require an answer.