[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 24 KB, 300x300, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6512571 No.6512571 [Reply] [Original]

Which is the best of the big 3?
HARDMODE: Don't say none of them

>> No.6512572

none of them

>> No.6512575

none of them

>> No.6512578

They are all so... awful.

I'll have to pick mcdonalds. Because fries and because I occasionally enjoy a fish sandwich there.

>> No.6512581

>>6512572
>>6512575
Epic meme posts fagtrons

>> No.6512583

>>6512571
wendyssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

>> No.6512587

none of them

>> No.6512589

A&W

>> No.6512622

>which of these shithole fast food joints are the least shitty
this is what /ck/ has come to; it is summer although

>> No.6512639

I'm partial to Burger King, but then again, I'm a gigantic fucking faggot.

The Texas Double Whopper is my shit.

>> No.6512659

McDonalds.

Jalapeno McDouble and a McChicken my goto standard. 3.57 American

>> No.6512745

It used to be Wendy's, but it has drastically gone downhill recently. Prices have gone up and portion size and quality have gone down.

McDonald's used to be as average as you could possibly be. It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. But for some fucking reason they removed their best menu items. So now we're stuck with bland food for steeper prices.

So that leaves us with Burger King. Unlike the other two, Burger King started on the bottom. And when you're on the bottom, you can only go up. They added more menu items at decent prices, and actually have a well balanced menu. They're pretty much where McDonald's used to be. And being average sadly puts them on top right now.

>> No.6512747

>>6512571
I can't choose just one. My favorite is McDonald's and Burger King together. I get a Big Mac and a Whopper, remove the top bun from the Big Mac and the bottom bun from the Whopper, then slam the Whopper on the Big Mac. It really impresses the girls at my local brothel.

>> No.6512751

I always like getting a Spicy Chicken at Wendys more than anything else at the other two

>> No.6512756

Wendy's is the best of the three -- it is no contest.

As much as I don't like McDonald's, Burger King is far worse. The last time I ate at Burger King, I threw the hamburger and fries away after one bite of each they were so bad. I did drink the coke, but it was watered down so bad I was tempted to throw it away, too.

I can foresee eating at McDonald's again sometime before I die. I cannot imagine ever eating at Burger King again.

>> No.6512779
File: 174 KB, 673x564, America.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Not getting the Most American burger at Hardees

>> No.6512791

value = mcdonalds
taste = wendys

>> No.6512796

>>6512779
Haven't had that burger and am not interested, but, I definitely prefer Hardee's. However it and its twin sister company Carl's Jr. seem to be regional.

Their chicken tenders are boss, when fresh. For some reason, they never reheat well for me, in the toaster oven or microwave. Also, I'm in love with their biscuits.

>> No.6512800
File: 63 KB, 1024x626, BtmF5kxCcAExI_8.jpg_large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6512571
Wendy's. Though I think it's different over here. They mainly do hotdogs and milkshakes.

>> No.6512809

Wendy's.

The junior bacon cheeseburger and chili are quality, high protein items with fresh ingredients.

>> No.6512810

>>6512779
At first, I liked their angus burgers, but after a couple times of eating Hardee's their burgers tasted odd. I did some reading on their meat, and sure enough...they use fillers in their hamburger meat.

>>6512571
Wendy's is the best out of three. They have better, fresher hamburger meat, their toppings on their burgers are cleaner, they have superior salads and chicken sandwiches too. Their fries are hit and miss, but they are consistently salted properly.

I always get bubble-guts after McD's.

>> No.6513075

Mcd's. That southwest salad makes me wet.

>> No.6513079

I have never had anyone of them so I have to say none of them

>> No.6513152

Wendy's
Burger King
A & W
McDonald's

I like Wendy's the best, just because their burgers taste...fresh? Like I don't know how to describe it, but their meat tastes like actual meat, and their buns are soft as can be. Their chicken is pretty good too.

Burger King takes second because of that grill-flavor their burgers have. It's probably just some trickery with liquid smoke or some shit, but I enjoy it. Their nuggets are shit-tier, but their OG chicken sandwiches, while salty, is addicting. Something about the lettuce and the mayo mellowing the super salty chicken.

A&W's burgers are also good, but their prices are steep. Chicken is aces in A&W.

McDonald's burgers don't taste quite like meat. They taste like 30% meat, 70% filler and onions. Also I don't know if it's me, but everytime I eat a burger at McD's, I feel so bloated and greasy.

>> No.6513157

>>6513079
Why not? Scared of being able to relate to everybody else?

>> No.6513164

taco bell

>> No.6513165

I'm going to Carl's Jr for my burger, but I'm getting a Frosty on the way home.
I guess the answer is Wendy's.

>> No.6513167
File: 37 KB, 550x412, wendy-s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wendy's

>those real fries with sea salt
>Best chicken nuggets
>dat baconator

>> No.6513179

>>6513167
>real fries
Define what a not-real fry is, exactly?

>> No.6513184

>>6513179

Compared to mcdonalds and burger kings shitty fries.

>> No.6513197

You can't just say "which is best"

I live in Ausfailia so we don't have Wendy's but we do have KFC, so I'll use that instead. We also don't technically have Burger King, we have Hungry Jack's - but I'll say Burger King for the international audience since it's really the same thing

Chips/Fries:
KFC > Burger King > McDonalds
KFC chips are the best, easily, but BK and McDonalds' chips are the same. BK only wins because they have an option of onion rings as a replacement, which McDonalds does not.

Burgers:
Burger King > KFC > McDonalds
This wouldn't have been true 10 years ago, but lately McDonalds (at least in Australia) has really dropped the ball. The only good burgers they have anymore are the stupidly expensive ones, and even those aren't as good as a Whopper or a Kentucky Burger.

Deserts
McDonalds > Burger King > KFC
Maccas just has the better variety and bigger range of choices, and easily cinches this one

Drinks
McDonalds = Burger King = KFC
Straight-up tie here. McD's and BK both have the $1 frozen coke varieties which is awesome, but KFC have those "crushers" which, while expensive, are fucking amazing. KFC also has bottled soda instead of the fountains which is pretty good, but costs more.

tldr version; there is no "best"

>> No.6513212
File: 448 KB, 2445x3004, ewCdb3F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Burger King has veggie burgers.

>> No.6513295

Burger King for burgers
McDonald's for chicken
I never go to Wendy's because there are none that are real close to me or in convenient locations like Burger King or McDonald's.

>> No.6513304

>>6512571
>Wendy's

>> No.6513356

No Wendy's in Europe
mcDonald's base burgers are bland as fuck, but they have more nice local options
I'd say it's a tie

>> No.6513368

>>6512809
I agree to an extent but its had some bad jbcs... sometimes the wendys has realy unfresh buns and lettuce, etc.

I haven't had a Whopper in years and I def. remember them being the tastiest most filling of the fast food burgers.

Triple Os is by far the best fastfood place. Beats 5 guys. A chocolate shake, onion rings (their onion rings are to die for, they absolute destroy a&w whose rings are often wayyyyy too salty and just straight out of a freezer bag) and a double double is like $15 but its amazing and so worth it.

>> No.6513379

Burger King is absolute shit. I feel like I'm gonna barf everytime I finish eating there.

McD's has decent breakfast and Big Mac is fine when you feel like piggin out.

Wendy's got the GOAT nuggets and chicken sammiches ain't bad.

Why would you not want to include better places, OP? Those three are pretty shit as it is.

>> No.6513392 [DELETED] 
File: 82 KB, 560x400, burger_zingerstacker.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Australian here. Unlike that other indecisive cuck I'm going to go ahead and say that KFC is the best fast food place, but only in Australia, not in Meriland.

These are the reasons:
Our KFC has delicious thick cut fries and they come with every meal. US KFC has a larger variety of sides but none of them probably stand on their own or are worth going to KFC for alone.

Our KFC is more of a fries and chicken/burger joint, so it can better compete with chains like McD's and Burger King. KFC's pretty much the only chicken place down here so if you don't want beef they're the next best option.

Lastly, Aus KFC puts more emphasis on their spicy range. Stuff like Hot & Spicy breasts, Wicked wings and Zinger burger meals. Pic related, it's basically the Double Down with extra buns and two kinds of spicy sauce, and it's the best shit on the market. Americans can keep their Jalapeno Fresco Meme Chicken burger, cause they'll never have this.

>> No.6513397

>>6513184
That's not very specific. They're all just potatoes.
Could you elaborate on what makes fries "real"?

>> No.6513429

>>6513392
America has those fries and where I am there are lots of spicy options.

>> No.6513512

>>6512571
NONE

OF

THEM
Only semi-good fast food place is KFC
Subway is OK

>> No.6513527

Is Wendy's really comparable enough to McDonald's and Burger King's popularity to be considered big 3 material? Taco Bell seems more popular in the States (same number of locations but almost exclusively in the US and Canada), and I know for a fact that KFC out-competes just about everyone internationally.

>> No.6514089

>>6512800
>7 dollars for a hotdog
U FUCKING WOT

>> No.6514258

>>6514089
it's hotdog+milkshake combo, look at the picture

>> No.6514291

burgerking

>> No.6514316

>>6512571
It's a subjective question, so as a vegfag, I'll go with BK. They've had a long commitment to avoiding and disclosing ingredients that people might want to avoid for non-allergen reasons, when there's no legal requirement to do so. They've also come up with a veggie patty sandwich sold in most US locations since 2002.

McD's has for decades used deception to include animal products in food while suggesting it's veg-friendly. They made a big deal about switching from beef fat to all vegetable for their fries, but kept adding beef to the fries under the ingredient catch-all "Natural Flavorings". They've introduced a veggie burger and other "healthy" options but aside from a super austere salad, they're either terrible or faddish, and they pull them after a few months, blaming consumers for demanding less healthy food choices.

Wendy's is somewhere in the middle. They don't go out of their way to offer veggie options, but they don't seem to actively try and trick people.

>> No.6514338

>>6512571
Wendy's, easy. Still not great or anything.

>> No.6514342

>>6514316
That's cool. I knew about the whole beef fat deal, but not that BK went out of it's way to be accommodating. I can't really rely on them though, the locations seem way too hit or miss. Sometimes great, sometimes shitty.

>> No.6514383

>>6512571
Fries: McDonalds > Wendy's > BK
Nuggies: McDonalds > BK >>> Wendy's
Burgers: BK >> McDonalds >>> Wendy's

idk why everyone on this board says that wendy's is so fucking great, but then again that may be because wendy's has more shills on here than the other two.

>> No.6514406

>>6512571
I like Wendy's for the variety. I can get a potato and dump chili on it, dip my fries in a Frosty, and the prices are good so if you want 5 different things, it comes out to about the same as a value meal. Garden salad is decent.

But when I wanna pig out, I forgo all pretense and order a 12 pack from Taco Bell.

>> No.6514434

>>6514342
Yeah, even before the BK Veggie, Burger King has long had "Veggie Whopper" as an off-menu option in their ordering system, at a reasonably cheaper price. It's basically everything on a whopper except the meat. (Since the BK Veggie was introduced, they usually double-check that you really mean that when you order it). It seems like other burger joints could do that, but I remember in the 80s BK was the only big chain that had lard-free hamburger buns. That was when Taco Bell and its ilk used lard in beans, too, and before Subway exploded in popularity, so BK was the only convenient fast food option for a lot of vegetarians. I mean it's all well and good to say "fast food sucks, just don't eat it," but when I was young, hanging out with friends a ton, and want to grab cheap quick bite together after a movie or whatever, BK was a nice option.

Some chains have dropped lard from buns and beans in recent years, probably more because of popular sentiment, although more are using a dough conditioner in breads that's made out of poultry feathers or human hair (whichever source is cheaper at the moment), which some vegetarians don't eat. (It's a fine line when you don't have to kill an animal to harvest the edible portion, like you could make Jello just from hoof trimmings off an animal, but in practice, industrial quantities of duck feathers or gelatin come from killing the animals).

>> No.6514437

>>6512571
Straight up burger? Burger King whopper.

Chicken stuff with some oddities like cheese fries? Wendy's.

Fries? McDonalds.

I have spoken.

>> No.6514449

>>6512571
McDonalds for breakfast
Wendy's for any other meal.

Burger King can fuck right off, their food is absolute shit. Even by fast food standards.

>> No.6514456

>>6514383
Wendys makes good chicken sammies, you're too focused on the burger ameribro

>> No.6514468

>>6513512
>Only semi-good fast food place is KFC
No. Never KFC.

>> No.6514515

gonna be close (actually like mickke dee and wendys is great(single ltm and a baked tater bk is nice.tell the truth and shame the devil BK. not because, in spite of, a double meat patty, ltm, neither of the three that great. but if driving on interstate, BK every time

>> No.6514597

>>6514449
This.

>> No.6514608

>>6512571
KFC

>Wendys
>Bigger than KFC
lel

>> No.6514615

I want to know how drunk these people are on a constant basis that they think BK is even edible

>> No.6514685
File: 25 KB, 800x536, 1431793660874.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

1.wendys
2. mc
3.bk

is this even a question