[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 166 KB, 768x1764, lobster.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6480411 No.6480411 [Reply] [Original]

Since some helpful anon posted this video in a sushi thread that has now fallen of the board
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S27MtkSZHdM
I figured that this is actually a great idea!

Obviously, I should try and master it first, avoiding a scenario like in pic related…

So besides trying it first, it should have the following qualities
>be impressive (whatever that might be?)
>be exotic
>be healthy, or trendy (lemongrass or something)
>be easy to make (so that i can still mostly concentrate on her, while cooking, and that she can actually help me, without fucking stuff up)

So, what would you suggest as panty dropping food?

>> No.6480443

What do I suggest? Not waste your time and money trying to impress a whore who will betray you anyway and just make the meal for yourself. The money not wasted on her portion can be used to buy hooch.

>> No.6480454
File: 284 KB, 1600x1064, fried fish in ginger sauce.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6480411
Based on your criteria I'd go with fish. Get a whole fish that would serve two people. Not something crappy like tilapia, but a nice fish like a snapper, grouper, sea bass, etc. Gut it, cut slits in the skin, and either steam it or deep-fry it whole. Then prepare a sauce to pour over it.

It's a simple preparation, the fish angle is healthy, if you want to go exotic/trendy then use asian seasonings (the Thai thing with lemongrass would be a good match). And a nice fish served whole with a tasty sauce on top sure makes for a good presentation.

Oh, and if she freaks out over the fact that there's a whole fish on the plate with head and everything then you know she's not a keeper!

>> No.6480462

>>6480454
>Oh, and if she freaks out over the fact that there's a whole fish on the plate with head and everything then you know she's not a keeper!
Yes and No.
On the one hand, not liking whole fish is very stupid. On the other hand, its also very, very common, so I dunno…

>> No.6482560

b.u.m.p.

>> No.6482567

I'm taping this for the internet.
>That look of disappointment

>> No.6482570

>>6480411
Buy some McDonalds and serve it on plates without the wrapping.

>> No.6482571

>is this raw fish?
>I'm not sure that's safe

Oh god