[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 153 KB, 1229x1024, Wendy's_logo_2012.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6457712 No.6457712 [Reply] [Original]

Hey american /ck/,

I'm from the UK and I'm going to Canada (Toronto, Montreal) and the northeast of America (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York). I went a few years back and the only american fast food place i went to was Chipotle, which is fucking great.

Where should i go and what should i eat? Fast food joints, decent restaurants where i'll be etc
(Im also a vegetarian but considering dropping it whilst im there)

>> No.6457751

Well unfortunitally all the good fast food chains in the US are either on the west coast or in the south.
You def should check out Wendy's tho. I'm sure you have McDonalds over in the UK so don't bother with that.

>> No.6457851

>>6457712
Dude OP if you're going to New York you shouldn't be eating shitty fast food anyway.
There are so many better places to eat in the city.

>> No.6458573

Get some ribs from Montana's while in Canadia.

>> No.6458576

>>6457712
Mainefag here

Stop in Portland for some dank eats - go to the coast for some dope seafood - then escape

Also fuck New Hampshire, they're all inbred and retarded - link related:

http://www.pressherald.com/2014/06/17/knife-wielding-family-fights-police-at-n-h-fun-park/

For real though, the farther you get away from New England (Canada will be fun) the better the food will be

>> No.6458580

>>6458576
Revision: they were from Vermont but (a) that's just as bad and (b) I was high when I read this a year ago

>> No.6459239

>>6457712
Funny you should post a Wendy's pic. They're shaping up to be one of the better fast-food franchises. Still super-unhealthy, but screw it, they make better food than Micky D's, that's for sure.

>> No.6459276

>>6458573
NO! Forget that suburb strip mall shit. OP wont't find it in Toronto anyway. Get ribs from Smoque and Bones, Barque, or the Stockyards.

Do not go to Tim Hortons either. I recommend manic or voodoo child for real coffee.

Also you have to visit Kensington Market and eat at 7 Lives. Get the carnitas tacos and some ceviche..

Only stereotypical chain Canadian food that is any good are beavertails. Try and find a truck.

>> No.6460513

>>6459276
dude, Montana's sucks shit, but they have the best ribs.
I worked at the busiest Montana's in Canada(south Edmonton Common), and they still rocked the best ribs.

>> No.6460526

If you liked chipotle, check out Burrito Boyz in toronto. leauges better than chipotle. Burger's priest in toronto makes great burgers too.

Schwartz's in montreal for a good smoked meat sandwich, and there are good poutine places there too.

get everything lobster in maine, lobster rolls on the coast are great. you can also go to the docks and buy fresh lobster really cheap to cook at home.

check out blogto.com for everything toronto has to offer

>> No.6460544

>>6457712
If you're going to be in a population dense area just use yelp and find some great local restaurants.