[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 85 KB, 759x1092, 1427224129209.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6430347 No.6430347 [Reply] [Original]

Do you care if food service workers wear gloves?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKNP3SEDt00

>> No.6430357

Jesus fuck those comments

>> No.6430366

>>6430347
if they wash their hands religiously? no

if they are handling multiple products at once with risk of contamination? yes

>> No.6430373

I don't see a problem with how he handled the food

he wore gloves for the raw meat

>> No.6430383
File: 9 KB, 415x286, 52.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I prefer to see food handled with tongues

>> No.6430397

>>6430347
HURR THEY WERE THE SAME PAIR OF GLOVES ALL DAY I NEVER SEE THEM CHANGE IT BUT ITS OK THEY HAVE GLOVES ON

WUT BARE HANDS? SO WHAT HE WASHED HIS HANDS A FEW TIMES NO GLOVES IS NASTY

>> No.6430419

>>6430383
>tongues
>tongs

>> No.6430429

>>6430366

i've worked in a bakery for a long time, as well as taco bell, a diner, and applebees.

if you're using your hands and your nails are trimmed/hands washed its as sanitary as a fresh pair of gloves. and if you get stuff on your hands, the impulse is to give them a rub under water to clean them.

but if you get stuff on a glove, it doesn't matter to you as much, because its not your hands, so, you let them get dirty before changing them - which can be a pain, if your hands are moist, from sweat, which they will be, the gloves can stick or snap while putting them on, taking almost a minute sometimes. that's a long time in food service. and under the glove, sweat turns into this nasty white foul liquid that can drip out bottom. and into food. really gross.

tongs don't present many downsides but aren't dexterous enough for many tasks.

all in all, clean hands are better then dirty gloves, and you're more likely to keep your hands clean then you are to constantly change gloves.

if you think the place is filthy, don't eat there, if you eat food you didn't make yourself, you take some risks, honestly? don't be a bitch. even if its not fucking sterile food, you'll probably be fine.

>> No.6430750

>>6430347
I worked at five guys and for us it was where we had to wear the gloves if handling food and change them if they touched anything that might contaminate: raw meat, register, etc

>> No.6430758

>>6430347
I don't give a shit. If they're using bare hands I'm going to assume they're clean, but I notice all the time people wearing gloves handling money and touching all sorts of shit and then going back to the food with the gloves. Gross.

>> No.6430776

>>6430429
how did you get the bakery job? what do you do?

>> No.6430803

people are stupid as fuck

if they had any idea how many bacteria, viruses, and parasites they came into contact with on a daily basis, even with their obscene sterility practices, they would have aneurysms

>> No.6430838

>>6430776

i was working in a supermarket stocking shelves, someone noticed that i really applied myself and had a head on my shoulders, and offered me a position.

i made artisan breads from scratch, handrolled, baked in a wood fired hearth, usually about 600 loaves a day when doing that shift. all different kinds. i made NY style bagels from scratch, boiled then baked in a rotary deck oven on wooden boards. i was trained to decorate cakes but never really worked that shift, i just did a few for people that came in at stupid times wanting a cake. mostly i did donuts and pastries graveyard shift, everything was from scratch at that bakery and they made good money because we produced large and sold low with great quality, wiorked there about six years. had a great boss that i became good friends with, we'd get there early in the morning to open and 420blazeit in the parking lot then bust some ass in there.