[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 133 KB, 1102x967, 2014-12-21 14.24.35.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6319930 No.6319930 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /ck/. My dream has always been to open up a restaurant and bar, but the thing is that I'm vegetarian. I love seeing people enjoying their steaks and grills, I love seeing them happily chatting away while enjoying these dishes. Even so I've always felt so conflicted when eating animal. What should I do? I don't know whether or not I want my restaurant/bar to be vegetarian friendly or not.

>> No.6319947

>>6319930
>vegetarian friendly or not

every single dish on your menu is going to have meat in it?

>> No.6319951

>>6319947
Sorry, I'm tired as fuck.

I don't know whether or not I want my restaurant/bar to be fully vegetarian or not.*

>> No.6319997

>>6319930

Whatever you do, don`t cook food yourself.You can`t be a good cook without tasting your food.

>> No.6320118

>>6319930

just serve meat, you fucking pussy, it's not like you'll be eating it yourself

>> No.6320124

>>6319951
unless you want your restaurant/bar to be filled with these vegetarian faggots i'd recommend you serve meat also

>> No.6320164

>>6320124

this. I wouldn't want my restaurant filled with foodie hipsters asking if their coffee is gluten free and wanting to know if I use GMOs. People who eat meat don't give a shit about those things

>> No.6320293

Being a vegetarian only joint, you will die from the restaurant version of the black plague: The hipster crowd. Serve meat, and you will always have customers.

First, they'll be asking if this and that are gluten free(I swear to fuck if I see one more thing about gluten free MILK or any other NON-GRAIN food, I'mma snap and be on the news). Next, GMO's. Then, some stupid "whaaaaa I have a fake allergy to carbon".

It's basically being for the crowd that would sign a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide(water for people who can't into basic chem).

Find two people who can prep for properly, find four who can cook. You'll be set.

>> No.6320312

don't open a bar or restaurant op, seriously its nothing but a huge financial sinkhole that wont get anywhere, the odds are so stacked against you it's not even funny.

not trying to kill your dreams but you've got to be totally passionate, fearless, and willing to lose all of your money. Otherwise, don't do it. Regulatory delays could eat up all of your money before you've even opened and even if you do get the doors open and a well equipped staff hired the chances of you actually giving yourself a paycheck at the end of the week is practically zero.