[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.29 MB, 3048x3776, Junk-Food.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6308753 No.6308753 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone else feel physically sick when eating sweet, sugary junk food?

I guess I never did like chocolate, coca cola, ice cream etc all that much, but the last 1-2 years ive unconsciously reduced eating sugary stuff to the minimum. Now I occasionally decide to buy something like that but start feeling sick before I finish it, not to mention that I feel really guilty and wonder "well what was the point?"

>> No.6308759

yep.

for me, i suspect it's hyperglycemia (high blood sugar). i just can't process glucose very well anymore. i think i'm pre-diabetic.

glucose is toxic as fuck and damages every organ it comes across. this is why untreated diabetics go blind and have limbs amputated.

>> No.6308765

>>6308759
OP here. I actually did some blood tests recently because I was worried I might have diabetes, but the doctor says im good. Please go and test yourself also

>> No.6308848

Might be an age and palate thing. I'm 27 and I've reached a point where I don't eat candy/chocolate bars anymore. If it's a dessert, the sweetness has to be really subtle.

That said I still love the occasional baklava or carrot cake.

>> No.6308870

>>6308753

I've really never enjoyed sugary/sweet foods, even when I was a kid. The only thing I can palate is really bitter chocolate

>> No.6308930

Nowadays if I ever have dessert its usually a very mild pastry like a scone or an unglazed donut. I tend to enjoy flavors instead of raw sweetness, so pastries with a cinnamon flavor or honey tastes a lot better to me then rich chocolate or vanilla frosting.

funny that you made this thread. just an hour ago I noticed the front office to my work had a bucket full of airheads' artificially flavored taffy. I picked one up because I hadn't had one since I was in grade school and bit off half. I threw the rest of it away and could hardly keep what I bit off down it was so terrible.

>> No.6308945

Why is pepper in this picture?

>> No.6308960

>>6308945
Why are chips?