[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 62 KB, 500x300, popeyes-wicked-chicken.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6282312 No.6282312 [Reply] [Original]

What's /ck/'s opinion on Popeye's?

I just moved to new england and it seems like this and KFC are all there is for fried chicken. I've never been to a Popeye's before.

>> No.6282321

Fellow New Englander here

Popeyes is loads better than KFC. If you're in CT, we just got our first Chik-fil-a. It's an hour away from me and I'm tempted to make the trip in the spring...

I miss Zaxby's chicken the most ;_;

>> No.6282338

>>6282312
I've had it twice. bretty gud and I like their sauces

>> No.6282342

>>6282321

I'm in east Hartford yeah. I didn't know there were Chick fil a's up here. Their website says one in Enfield and one in Wallingford. I wouldn't mind going to those once this fucking snow stops.

>> No.6282349

I remember, many years ago, they used to cater lunches on Fridays at work. Once, they got Popeyes. I remember half the company left because the few amount of toilets we had couldn't accommodate all the asses that were now screaming for release after eating this.

>> No.6282380

>>6282312
I used to eat it once or twice a month, but then I discovered the grocery store makes a better plate lunch for cheaper.

That said, Popeye's is a solid 9/10. Not a fan of the frozen seafood and most of the sides. The mashed potatoes with gravy is amazing. I can make better red beans and rice.

>> No.6282383
File: 19 KB, 250x250, url.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6282312
I like them a lot more than KFC.

Probably my favorite of big chain fried chicken.

I miss my old local chain fried chicken.

>> No.6282416

Popeyes is almost as good as church basement chicken. Almost.
If you have never been in a black or southern church's basement when some gramma in a silly ass hat heats up the fryin' grease, you don't know shit about fried chicken.

Nothing beats church basement chicken.

>> No.6282748

Popeyes > Church's > KFC
This is an indisputable fact.

>> No.6283308

I had the Surf and Turf yesterday with blackened ranch for dipping a drink for $5.99. It was fucking bomb.