[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.33 MB, 392x400, 1418044611166.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6195959 No.6195959 [Reply] [Original]

>Roomate
>Studies cooking in college
>Me and other roomates are scared shitless of roomate's cooking "expertise" even if said roomate seems to have shit taste

I know shit about food or /ck/, how can I tell if my roomie is browsing here.

Pic unrelated

>> No.6195992

>>6195959
Mutter "tendies" under your breath.
Be aware that he may attack you.

>> No.6195996

Ask if EVOO is number 1. Also if he really hates stuff like sriracha, bacon, nutella and pinky himalayan salt.

>> No.6196000

>>6195959
Ask him to pronounce Voilà.

>> No.6196003

>>6196000
We speak le frog, so no problem on that

>> No.6196029

>>6195959
Ask him if he browses /ck/. Seems simple enough.

I would probably size him up by asking him to rank Gordon Ramsay. That's a name all foodies and wannabe chefs are going to know, but might not know anything really about. Ask him if he thinks he's the No. 1 chef in the world? In the top ten? Top twenty?

Most people who know food would speak very highly of Gordon Ramsay, but would admit he's not even in the top twenty best chefs in the world. That's not to say he isn't extremely intelligent, talented, and successful.

Better yet, ask him who he thinks the best Chef in the world is. Don't lead him on with the Gordon Ramsay thing. See if he says shit like Keller, Ducasse, Adrià, Robuchon, etc. That's a slightly more mature-sounding list. If he says shit like Ramsay, Bourdain, White, Batali, Blumenthal, etc. then you know he's just a fat neckbeard who sits around watching Travel channel and Food Network.

If he says Alton Brown, slap that stupid nigger hard for me.