[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 464 KB, 1024x838, -en-img-0001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6191496 No.6191496 [Reply] [Original]

Can I do anything useful with this /ck/?

I've heard it's not too bad when it's cooked, and I had it in a budaejjigae a few days ago which was nice

>> No.6191572

I also am wondering how to eat spam. I want to because I am an eXtreme prepper: home edition but I'm scared.

>> No.6191575

Bread it and fry it, throw it in eggs, or just eat it out of the can on bread or crackers.

>> No.6191598

Spam musubi

>> No.6191599

>>6191496

Avocado and fried spam was a god-tier sandwich.

>> No.6191611

I've only ever had it as a breakfast food, in place of sausage/bacon/ham or something.

I think Hawaiian people use it in more interesting ways

>> No.6191620

I keep a few tins of off-brand Treet about. If Treet is off-brand SPAM and this stuff is off-brand Treet, this is off-brand^2, which makes it pretty ghetto.
Anyway, I slice it very, very thinly and fry to a crisp then eat it as part of an egg platter or in a sandwich or something. I also like to dice it, deep-fry the dice to a slight crisp, drain, then stir-fry with garlic and scallion whites before adding a splash of water, some day-old rice and a scrambled egg and tossing to heat the rice through then sprinkling chopped scallion greens and fresh-ground peppercorn all up in there and eating.

>> No.6191680

>>6191611
Yeah, spam musubi is big over there.

When I have it I usually just fry it up with breakfast stuff. Surprisingly tasty, but that sodium.

>> No.6191904

I cube it, fry it up with whatever I have laying about (usually some paprika, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce) and mix it into some rice.

>> No.6191929

I eat Spam sandwiches, both cooked and pan fried. I make Spam fried rice. I've made Spam musubi before. I haven't made it before, but you could make a pasta salad with Spam in it. I guess you could put it on a pizza too. It's meat, do with it what you'd do with other meats.

>> No.6192012
File: 346 KB, 1600x1333, Spam Musubi (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6192027

>>6191496
Slice it and pan-fry it. Tastes like salty ham mixed with hotdog. Eaten the same say too. Love it when it's crispy.

>> No.6192032

>>6191496
How mice to brook wUtah you carn!

>> No.6192043

slice it thin make breakfast sandwhiches

make sure to fry the bread in the spam grease or this wont work

>> No.6192055

>>6191496
Pan fried Spam is top notch. I eat it with rice, in ramen, or in sammies. Somtimes with an egg.

>> No.6192060

Is it actually decent or are all of you doing the ironic post-kitsch appreciation

>> No.6192063

I use to eat it pan-fried as it was cheap and my family was poor.

went to the store and found out its not somewhat pricy.

what.

>> No.6192072

>>6191496
spam musubi
dice, pan fry with scrambled or over easy eggs, serve over a scoop of white rice

but seriously try spam musubi you will literally bust a nut when it touches your taste buds

>> No.6192139

>>6191496
Spamburgers. Bun, lettuce, pickles, tomato, burger sauce, ketchup, onion, and a fried egg with a slice or two of pan-fried spam.

Or spam macaroni casserole. Cube spam and stir-fry with onions. Mix in a casserole bowl with boiled macaroni. Separately, take 3 cups of milk, break in 3 eggs, 2 tsp curry, 1/2 tsp white pepper, 1 tsp paprika, 2-3 tsp salt. Stir together, bake for an hour at moderate heat, let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Eat with ketchup, without feeling any shame for it, because it's pleb food.

Also, are you Corean with a dad working in the army?

>> No.6192145

I was really fuckin high once and i ate a spoonfull of spam straight, and honestly it wasn't bad so i ate half the can that way. But i've never had it in a normal state of mind

>> No.6192173

>>6191496
I fry it like bacon on low heat until it's golden brown and crispy, flipping it often. Then I just eat it with eggs and toast or potatoes. Sometimes it's a nice change when bacon and sausage gets old (which is almost never, I mean c'mon).

I'm not sure I would willingly eat it outside of breakfast. Definitely if I was starving, but I haven't had to deal with that for awhile. But even still, I would just fry it up exactly the same way.

>> No.6192177

>>6192173
Oh, and I should say you slice it first like this: >>6192012

So...lengthwise, I guess?

>> No.6192192

My father made us live on that shit and canned vegetables for a year after he lost his job. Fuck Spam and everything it represents.

Basically all you can do is fry it and pretend it's an identifiable cut of pork instead of junk meat. I'll never understand anyone who would willingly use it given an alternative.

>> No.6192212

Dogfood

>> No.6192223

It's pretty good if you cut it into cubes and throw it in bean soup, though it's kinda weird if you don't fry it a bit first.

>> No.6192253

>>6191496
Cut the spam into small cubes and put in a bucket of anti freeze. Leave outside for neighborhood strays, pets, and other small animals to feed on. See what happens.