[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 41 KB, 350x350, insulated mug.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6136469 No.6136469 [Reply] [Original]

So my current situation is that I've moved half way across the country with a girl, and ended up spending two months living with her parents, no end in sight (we're 30, btw).

Not having to pay rent, or immediately find a job (have enough money to mooch for longer than I'd want to), I've pretty much been drinking throughout the day. The parents drink, and don't have terrible taste, but I've had to sneak it so as not to come off as the complete alcoholic I probably am.

Anyway, here's my idea. I have a few really nicely insulated travel mugs. What if I just filled them up with a really dry martini, threw them in the freezer, and poured myself drinks throughout the day?

My current method is to drink most of the communal pot of coffee, mixed with half vodka as it is, and then make an excuse to go to the vodka stash and just drink straight vodka out of a mug the rest of the day.

Is there any reason a chilled thermos of martini wouldn't be perfectly fine to pour into a mug throughout the day? I mean, even without needing to sneak around, it seems like a pretty decent way to always have a cocktail on hand, right?

>> No.6136486

Tl;dr

I'm 30. How do I sneak vodka?

>> No.6136500

>>6136486

Sneaking vodka was the background story that lead to the idea.

The idea was putting it in an insulated thermos and drinking it chilled throughout the day.

>living on your own and drinking straight vodka out of a glass

>> No.6136564

>>6136469
idk, go kickstart it if youre so confident in the idea. delete the thread fast and in the future dont share your "great ideas" with the public.

>> No.6136580

>>6136564
not to say this isnt a great idea. just trying to be helpful.

>> No.6136611

just put it in a water bottle and drink it straight

>> No.6136638

>>6136469
your life sounds awful
all of these al/ck/ threads make me glad I stopped drinking.

>> No.6136665

>>6136469
youre an alcoholic

>> No.6137457

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say OP was drunk when he came up with this idea.

It would also work better to just keep the vodka in the freezer and pour it into the thermos as needed.

>> No.6138995
File: 885 KB, 853x480, datoyster.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So honestly, would putting an insulated travel mug full of alcohol in the freezer actually provide you with chilled vodka throughout the day?

>> No.6139004

I can't wait until one of them sees the thermos' i the freezer, thinks wtf, uses it and outs your ass.

This isn't /adv/, by the way. Get out.

>> No.6139011

>>6136469
>don't have terrible taste
>pot of coffee, mixed with half vodka

Hah.

Seriously, OP. Get your serious addiction to alcohol treated.

>> No.6139260

>>6139011

It's the parents that don't have terrible taste.

>learn to reed

They drink a decent beer/glass of wine ever night. I drink cheap vodka from rise to shine. They also drink pretty good coffee, despite the fact that they use a drip coffee pot thing, and I only add enough vodka to each mug so as to keep it hot.

I didn't mean to blog, but thought the idea of keeping a cocktail in a thermos might actually interest an anon or two.

>> No.6139264

>>6139260
Put the fuckin vodka in the thermos no one cares /thread

>> No.6139321

>>6139264

For the amount of times you've responded to this thread I at least hope you report /joey/ threads and other shitposting...

>> No.6139366

>>6139321
First time i responded i just read this boring shit earlier. Why would anyone think its some genius idea to put alcohol in a thermos? What are you new to drinking? I agree about this fuckin joey though fuck that guy

>> No.6139383

It seems like it doesn't matter how well you hide the vodka, cause it's going to be really fucking obvious that you're plastered as the day goes on.

>> No.6139437

>>6136469
fill an empty soda can with alcohol and enjoy.