[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 696 KB, 1582x2048, guys menu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6091714 No.6091714 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone ever eat at a Triple-D-featured establishment? If so, what was the verdict?

For me:
Fab Hot Dogs (Reseda, CA): Quite good. Better than Pink's, in my opinion.

Mac's Fish & Chip Shop: Probably the best Fish & Chips I had while in Cali. Would definitely return.

>> No.6091719

>>6091714
Most of them actually suck if you have never of them to begin with if you have never heard of them before.
That is if you are a local who eats those sorts of foods.
I say this after already tried 3 end up only liking 1 that i already wanted to try but the lines were always too long.

>> No.6091724

Peaceful Restaurant in Vancouver: this place is great and I highly recommend the beef roll and the dan dan noodles.

Jethro's in Vancouver: this place is overrated and you can probably find chicken-fried steak somewhere else but I would be a regular customer if I like lived right by it I'm sure

>> No.6091745

>>6091719
>>6091719
>if you have never of them to begin with if you have never heard of them before.
I must need a lot of rest

>> No.6091749

Parkette Drive In here in lexington, KY

It fucking sucked.

>> No.6091807

Forgot to mention: Mac's Fish & Chip shop is in Santa Barbara, CA.

>> No.6092013

Football:The Meal gets me everytime.

>> No.6092020

Santa Cruz Diner, since I live in Santa Cruz. Didn't even know he'd gone there until I saw the episode about a month ago. Best diner I've ever been to, their vietnamese food is actually totally decent.

>> No.6092088

>>6092020
used to be Golden West?

>> No.6092092

>>6092088

Don't think so, not as far as I remember at least. I went there several times in high school and I'm 28 now, and I know that it was there for several years before that. Maybe in the 90s idk.

>> No.6092461

Went to Hullabaloo Diner not knowing it had been on DDD til I saw the menu. Man. The place is pretty awesome though. Food is great and huge huge portions.

>> No.6092467

>>6092461

College Station anon?

>> No.6092558

>>6092020
As someone who lived in Santa Cruz for five years, one of the worst diners I've ever been to. Service is bad and the menu is a 6 page trainwreck.

>> No.6092623

I've been to the Blue Moon Café in Baltimore a few times. They featured the Captain Crunch French toast, and the house-made cinnamon buns, on Triple-D. The food is pretty damn good.

The problem is that it's a nine table restaurant. The wait on a Tuesday morning can be 45 minutes to 1 hour. But it's worth the wait.

>> No.6094986

Pittsburgh anon here

Big Jim's in the Run makes awesome Italian food and sandwiches. All massive portions. But the place looks like absolute shit, like it hasn't been touched in 80 years. Almost frat-house level dirty

Kelly-O's is really nothing special. Their omelettes are probably the only things I would order there

>> No.6094990

>>6092558

The menu is stupidly long, but what diners have you been to that have been better? I can think of Silver Spur but that's not open for anything other than breakfast and lunch and almost all their service is breakfast (my mom knows Linda, the owner).

>> No.6094997

>>6091714
Ate at red wagon in Vancouver. Smoked tomato soup, duck poutine and pork belly were awesome.

>> No.6095003

>>6091714
I've eaten at a few. Most notably Chilam Balam in Chicago.

http://www.chilambalamchicago.com/chilam_balam_menu.html

It's very good. Mexican small plates. It's definitely not the typical Triple-D flavortown sort of place.

>> No.6095284

Jamaican Kitchen in miami. Jamaican Chinese food is def the cure for what ails you. The lunch special was about $7.00 and was so generous you would have enough leftover for dinner.

>> No.6095318

Blue Ash Chili. Bretty good.

>> No.6095340

I've been to a few. Many before they were on the show though.

Al's Breakfast - I'm a local and loved this before it was on the show.
Kramarczuk's - Delicious, and it's my girlfriend's favorite place to eat.
The Nook - OK. But it's a fucking cheeseburger, nothing special.
The Blue Door Pub - I really like this place, but it's still a cheeseburger.
Colossal Cafe - Bad
Pizzeria Lola - It's OK, but it's outclassed by both Punch and Black Sheep.
The Weinery - Good, not great.
Psycho Suzy's Motor Lounge - Shittiest restaurant on this list

Dottie's True Blue - Just ok

Best food on this list: Kramarczuk's
Best experience on this list: Al's Breakfast

>> No.6095342

>>6095340
All of these are in Minneapolis, MN other than Dottie's, which is bay area

>> No.6095347

Struggling at the moment to remember the name of the place. It's in Spokane. Just a burger/pub sort of place. I have no idea why they went there because it's nothing special. I can think of 3 other burger joints in town that are far and away better than the place Guy went. And they don't serve liquor. Just shitty local beer and Bud and shit.

>> No.6095444

>top dog in philadelphia

the empanadas and other stuff featured on the show sucked but some of them other stuff was better.

>> No.6095600

>>6091807
>live in Santa Barbara my whole life
>never get around to eating there
Am I a bad person?

>> No.6095670

Anchor bar in Superior Wisconsin. Two of us - 2 cheeseburgers & 4 bottles of beer = $16. Good burgers. A real dive but holy fuk I loved that place.

>> No.6095855

Fuck yeah anchor bar! Awesome food, cheap beer. Great place.

>> No.6096253

Went to Moroccan Bites in San Antonio, TX. Food was very forgettable. Service and atmosphere were both terrible.

>> No.6096256

Was The Dog House in Albuquerque on there? Regardless, complete shit.

>> No.6097706

>>6095340
I actually really love Psycho Suzi's, but you go there for the tiki drinks, not the food. The Nook, Blue Door and Kramarczuk's are also the shit. I've been to Victor's 1959 Cafe too, that was pretty good.