[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 77 KB, 600x600, companion-mun_chai_ya_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6040809 No.6040809 [Reply] [Original]

Are there any other people here that are meat-eaters but eat "meatless substitutes" anyway. I think a lot of them taste good

>pic related, this stuff is delicious

>> No.6040826

Veggieburgers are pretty good but I'm not sure why vegetarians have some obsession with replacing meat instead of just focusing on making meatless food that tastes good.

>> No.6040848

>>6040826
It does seem pretty stupid for vegetarians but I think that it is useful in other ways.

I know Orthodox Christians who fast for Easter (they don't eat meat or dairy) and they go crazy over these meat substitutes until they are done fasting (because outside of fasting, they are meat eaters.)

>> No.6040895

When I lived with my gf at the time, she was a vegetarian, so we used a lot of meat substitutes, because it was easy to replace it for meat in stuff I already knew how to make.

>> No.6040921
File: 63 KB, 535x400, soondubu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I eat a moderate amount of tofu, if that counts as a "meatless substitute".

There's often more than a few dead sea critters in the bowl with it for extra fun though, and maybe an unborn chicken.

>> No.6041032

>>6040809
Of course it's delicious. Tofu skin is pretty good to start with, and once you load it up with salt and sugar it'll taste even better.

These days I just buy dried tofu skin, and make my own dishes out of it. Not vegetarian, but only eat meat every now and then.