[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 28 KB, 200x146, food thief.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5899687 No.5899687 [Reply] [Original]

Fuck
Im so annoyed, my roommates keep eating my shit. And its not like its just a misunderstanding, Ive asked each one of them individually at the beginning of rooming with them if they ate my stuff, and each one said no.

Yet stuff keeps disappearing! Half a loaf of bread, all my butter, cheese. Hell today I found that half of my milk had been drunk. And I know it wasn't me since I hadn't even opened it yet.
Fuck, one of my roommates has a minifridge where he keeps his shit, I might need to invest in one.

Fuck, I dunno what to do. I doubt labeling my shit would do anything since they should know its not theirs.

Any of you ever have this issue?

>> No.5899691

Poison the bastards.

>> No.5899701

Easy solution for milk: drink out of the carton in front of them. I guess you could like, lick everything to mark it as your own as well.

>> No.5899712

>>5899687
This is also only kinda related but two of them (both of whom have known each other for years and one of whom I think is the food thief) keep getting pissy about dishes.
They complain that they have to always do all the dishes that sit in the sink for a week at a time and how we should do them more often.

That would be a perfectly justified sentiment except I clean all my shit as soon as Im done with it and so none of the shit in the sink is mine. The fourth roommate claims the same thing so basically all of the shit in the sink belongs to the other two who complain they have to clean everything.

its starting to get old.

Sorry to vent

>> No.5899722

This is exactly why I live in poverty. I pay out my ass for rent when I should be rooming up with people, because every single time I've had roommates, they were selfish cynical fucks who ate all my shit, ruined my kitchenware, and refused to admit or chip in or be responsible roommates.

We live in a society that's taught everyone that it's all about Number One, get yours and fuck the other guy whenever possible. Yes, please do develop a sense of responsibility and civic virtue, but bear in mind that the majority of people around you will not do so and will seek to fuck you over for it.

>> No.5899736

>>5899722

same here

I'd rather eat rice and beans

last person I lived with got 3 kittens even though we told her that we can't have pets

she literally stopped taking care of them entirely after a couple months and we started buying food and a litter box, everything to take care of them

when we moved out we had to give 2 of them to the shelter because we couldn't afford to pay for them. I raised those fucking cats for a year, I fucking loved them. I'd love to beat the shit out of her if I ever saw her again, not that I would but I fantasize about it. I miss those cats so much.

>> No.5899740

>>5899687
>>5899722
Install locks on a couple cabinets and keep your stuff in there. Buy a couple metal tool boxes and install a locks on them and use those in your fridge/freezer.

>but I'm not allowed to lock things or install stuff on cabinets

Just remove it when you leave and don't tell your landlord. Grow some backbone.

/thread

>> No.5899747

>>5899687
Mini fridge locked, keep your dishes etc in your room locked up. Or talk about it ad nauseam.

>> No.5899752

>>5899740
Well Im sharing a fridge right now.
If/when i get a minifridge pretty much the entire problem will be resolved but until then not much I can do.

>> No.5899771

>>5899691
This, keep track of what they steal and treat it with laxatives or similar

>> No.5899772

>>5899752
>Well Im sharing a fridge right now.

>Buy a couple metal tool boxes and install a locks on them and use those in your fridge/freezer.

Jesus fuck.

>> No.5899803

NEXT TIME FOOS IS STOLEN WAIT TILL THERE SLEEPING GET HEDGE CLIPPERS+CUT OFF THERE BALLS