[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 524 KB, 1600x871, bragg-apple-cider-vinegar-label.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5749814 No.5749814[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Well after 8 months and numerous attempts to kill it, my Candida was finally defeated by drinking Apple Cider Vinegar.

I can drink beer all the time now. Natural Therapies that actually work General !

>> No.5749906

Ima have me a glass of switchel right now!

>> No.5749911

>>5749814
>killing candida
>not making sour dough with the yeast

>> No.5749915

All hail the mighty sauerkraut!
I've had problems with my digestion my whole life (no particular problem, it's just sensitive). I've been eating about a quarter cup sauerkraut every night before bed and my belly feels great!

>> No.5749932
File: 78 KB, 960x639, 1395936316934.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5749814
>Natural Therapies that actually work

>> No.5749937

in my experience a lot of "natural" remedies don't do shit, but I know ACV has actually been shown to be effective for other things, so it's worth a try.

I have it mildly, how much did you drink? I probably won't drink it but I'd gargle it or whatever.

>> No.5749940

>>5749937
like 3 teaspoons a day, mixed with some water.

Gargle or swallow. Swallow is best i imagine.

>>5749932
Yes, its weird how Smith Klein hasn't synthesised the properties of the Vinegar yet. I tried anti-fungals for fucking 5 months and they didn't kill it.

>> No.5749943

>>5749814
My wife found the stuff worked reasonably well for her acid reflux. Then she just went ahead and lost 15lbs, and the reflux went away for good.

>> No.5749945
File: 322 KB, 1484x987, forsythia.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5749814

ITT Placebos

Enjoy dying from Ebola or whatever because the secret herb mix to cure it didn't prevent you bleeding to death

>> No.5750668

>>5749814
that's great that it worked for you OP but it doesn't always work for everyone. I do love it though and would definitely try that. I eat this stuff even if I'm not sick.

also
>inb4 shills

>>5749945
too late...

>> No.5750689

>>5749814
Congrats, OP.
I've been drinking a mix of apple cider vinegear (same brand as your pic) plus a spoonful of honey, mixed with filtered water, every morning when I first wake up for over seven years now. The lack of health problems I have is amazing for my age and lifestyle. My doctor is always shocked and amazed by my blood work, and I have no underlying health problems, except for aching joints (which is natural at my age). People constantly think I'm about 20 years younger than I am. Granted, much of this is good genetics, obviously, but I figure taking care of yourself can't hurt.

>> No.5750718

>>5749932
What do you think "medicine" is? It's just refined versions of "natural" medicine.
I'm not saying they all work, there is plenty of bogus shit out there, but some are still useful.

Here are a few I use on a semi regular basis
>when you have an upset stomach, eat ginger, you can also take ginger supplements

>if you feel like you are coming down with a flu, take Elderberry extract
This one works, holy shit I was blown away. Usually once a year I get a flu, with it peaking for about 1 and a half days where I feel like complete shit, my body would ache so bad and I sweat my ass off, but now as soon as I feel by skin getting "sensitive" you know that feeling when you know a flu is coming on, I take that stuff all day and it's gone the next.
>apple cider vinegar will take away the hiccups
I tested this one a few days ago too, works well.
>L-arginine does in fact make sex/fapping better

>> No.5750734

>>5750718
thank you bro. I use the ginger and acv too.

>> No.5750737

I've found shaking chicken bones and applying a poultice of horse manure, powdered ants, and mercury works wonders.

>> No.5750767

>>5750737
>meh criticize everything meme horse poopoo

you whiny sarcastic weirdos are worse than who you make fun of.

>> No.5750893

>>5750718
Couldn't get me a link to that peer reviewed journal article in American virology about how elderberry is a potent antiviral, could ya?

>> No.5750940

>>5750893
every single thread.

you don't like it? great. I will do what works for me.

>> No.5750965

>>5750718
>>5750940
What about jock itch? What do you do when you get it? I'm currently suffering from jock itch and wondering if there are any foods I can eat that help my groin and inner thighs fight off the jock itch.

>> No.5750981

>>5750767
This.
The people that only rely on scripts their doctor hands out are just as bad as the "au natural" people who can't balance nature with modern medicine. Fucking morons.

>> No.5750984

>>5750965
collagen, zinc, vit c, fish oil

>> No.5750988

>>5750965
well, I go to the store and buy borax laundry booster which is just sodium borate (NOT BORIC ACID, ABSOLUTELY NOT BORIC ACID)

sodium borate is a naturally occurring salt/mineral type of thing that is usually found in evaporated lake beds or something.

anyway, I fill up the bathtub with warm water, and add some in as if it were bath salts, and soak in it and just relax.

also add some borax to the laundry and wash socks/sheets etc with it to kill off any surviving microbugs.

Ask your doctor before doing anything, I am NOT a doctor. you are responsible for your own decisions and your own health and wellbeing, not me.

>> No.5751019

>>5750984
>>5750988
These two. The combination of supplements and topical treatments will get it done.

>> No.5751038

>>5750984
Okay listen, you are going to get scammed on the prices when buying supplements of these, and they wont do you that good.

>collagen
no, instead buy aloe vera juice from whole foods and grab some blue corn meal while your there and make grits.

>zinc
pumpkin seeds. also duckduckgo search "foods high in zinc"

>vit c
most store bought vit c is just the ascorbic acid shell of the actual nutrient with no internal bioflavonoids etc. want real vit c? do not buy juice of any kind, its all sugar. eat a real orange bro. or a few of them.

>fish oil
no, dirty impure even if stated otherwise.
omega 3 is the reason people buy fish oil, so what you really want is:
>flax seeds (grind up in coffee grinder)
>chia seeds (also grind up)
>walnuts

and search (other foods high in omega 3)

plant based sources are the best, inb4 get out vegan scum, you don't know how right we are.

I am Not a doctor. Ask your doctor before doing anything.

>> No.5751040

>Got athelete's foot in high school
>Pissed on it in the shower
>Was gone the next day

>> No.5751045

>>5750893
>that means it doesnt work!
thats not how real life works
Just shut the fuck up, goddamn

>> No.5751275

You know, there's a whole class of drinks made with vinegar called sharabs/shrubs: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/shrubs-give-cocktails-and-non-alcoholic-drinks-a-bracing-dose-of-fruity-tartness/2014/06/26/1004cc40-fbda-11e3-b1f4-8e77c632c07b_story.html

Try 'em.

>> No.5751302

>>5749814
How does ACV taste? I know they sell premixed ACV drinks at some asian supermarkets, usually japanese brands mixed with regular apple cider or tea.

To be honest, it sounds like it would smell/taste pretty disgusting but I remember back in high school this guy who sat behind me in math would drink ACV mixed with tea and his friend said something like it's borderline alcohol.

>> No.5751494

>>5751275
Well i wonder if i can drink any tart liquids to get the same effect? I assume organic non-filtered cider vinegar has the strongest properties.

>> No.5751502

>>5749814
>Well after 8 months and numerous attempts to kill it, my Candida was finally defeated by drinking Apple Cider Vinegar.
>after 8 months
Yeah... that's not exactly a success story bro.

>> No.5751520

"Chronic candidiasis" is the new gluten free fad.

If you actually had chronic candidiasis, you wouldn't/couldn't wait 8 mo to clear it up.

And no, drinking beer containing S. cerevisiae does not cause yeast infections you dork.

>> No.5751602

>>5751520
fuck you faggot, you don't know shit.

>> No.5751605

>>5751520
Buddy, I've literally lost count of how many times I've had candida this year. I even went to the doctor for a particularly bad outbreak, and even the prescription fluconazole pill didn't stop it immediately. I get them so often, I wonder if it's not the same fucking colony going dormant for up to three months before declaring manifest destiny on me.

If this is common (or at least being hyped and "awareness" spread as it being prevalent) I'm not going to lie, I'm a little relieved. Maybe I can get something to help me.

As to OP, I've been trying white vinegar to no avail. I can't see what ACV would do that distilled blanco couldn't. Vinegar is supposed to be good at killing off most fungus, though full strength usually hurts you too. Lots of home remedies for athletes' foot (also known as jock itch when in other places) is to just soak in vinegar.

>> No.5751610

>>5751038
I found out recently that red bell peppers also have an insane amount of vitamin C. I'd heavily prefer eating one of those to an orange.

>> No.5751630

Haven't had time to read everything here. Cause I'm lazy like that, but I have vertigo and gerd and I heard apple vinegar can get rid of that. Anyone her with firsr hand experience?

>> No.5751671
File: 22 KB, 341x152, fgbwc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can attest to wormwood kicking parasite ass. Pic related worked wonders for me.