[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 115 KB, 610x458, i3kUJ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5712555 No.5712555[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey /ck/, I need some help for ideas about my housewarming party this weekend. I'm rather stumped on what to serve even though there are a million things I know of and could make. We will only be 10-12 people or rather that's what I'm planning on making for. None of the guests are vegan, one or two might be vegetarian and no allergies that I know of. Was thinking of something like;

Potato sallad
Sliders
Some hor d'ouevres like bruschetta, pigs in a blanket and canapés.

Maybe you guys have better tips?

>pic unrelated but delicious

>> No.5712568

Potato salad is easy to make in bulk, but it's also a big food poisoning risk, especially in a party situation where it is sitting out for hours. If you use this I'd either make damn well sure the temperature is in the safe range: either serve it as a side in a formal sit-down dinner, or if you're going to have an informal wander-around-and-graze sort of party then make sure it's kept on ice. Nobody wants to make all their guests sick.

Sliders sounds good: easy to make, good finger food. Grill up a couple portabello mushroom caps, quarter them, and use those to make a couple vegetarian versions if need be.

>> No.5712569

>>5712555

how about your dick

>> No.5712570
File: 25 KB, 600x455, Try using appetizers next time, faggot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5712555
Using hor d'ouevres and pigs in a blanket in the same sentence

>> No.5712648

>>5712555
>hor d'ouevres
>pigs in a blanket

>> No.5712676

>>5712555
Make tempura if you can (I love prawns)
Mini pizzas are pretty good and easy to make
I like making my own dips for parties, make chives with sour cream
Otherwise it depends what kind of alcohol is served.