[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 35 KB, 500x333, kai sip.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5650039 No.5650039 [Reply] [Original]

Is an AeroPress really a good choice for coffee?
I've heard using it with a metal filter makes the best cup without having to go "hardcore", as someone put it.

>> No.5650550

I use a technivorm mochamaster personally, I think it brews the best consistently good cup of coffee of any coffee machine, and has owing numerous awards and certifications from the European coffee brewing centre. It also meets all my health criteria, mainly restaurant grade bpa free dishwasher safe parts. I don't use the gold filter it came with because it's hard without a personal grinder to figure out the right setting for it to be ground on, a lot of franchised coffeehouses don't have metallic settings or if they do it's a range while I know this is true for paper settings as well, I dunno there is something about high quality paper filters that don't fuck up coffee as much as metal filters, maybe I don't know "the craft" of brewing well enough to have to use pleb filters I dunno