[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 47 KB, 400x278, brownie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5642881 No.5642881[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey /b/. I need your help!
I came here about a week ago to ask you all how to make weed brownies. I've learned a bit since then. Just a few more questions:

>do I HAVE to use two pots (one inside the other) with boiling water in the one underneath or can I just use a saucepan to melt the butter and throw in the weed?

>do I HAVE to sift out the plant matter after I infuse it into the butter or can I just leave it in there? I don't care what it tastes like. I just don't wanna risk wasting anything.

>Is it okay if I let the weed simmer in the butter for only thirty minutes? I don't wanna spend all day doing this.

>do I have to refrigerate the weed after I'm done simmering it or can I just let it cool off to room temp before adding to brownie mix?

I'm going to try to bake this TOMORROW and yes, I will report results later in the week.
/b/ will take credit for making tomorrow into an awesome day!

>> No.5642887

WHOOPS, it still says "hey /b/" ..
I tried to ask them but got nothing so I copied and pasted. Sorry.

>> No.5642907

TF man, can't get any help anywhere.

>> No.5642951
File: 46 KB, 530x370, Raj-eating.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When I made these a few months ago me and my mates just chopped the weed up fine then threw it in the mix.
Essentially it was just brownies with chunks of weed in. It still worked so from experience dont get too hung up on how you do it.

>> No.5642962

>>5642951
Cool. I'm thinking that I'm going to let the weed simmer in oil on the stove for 30 minutes then just put that oil in the brownie mix and bake.
ALSO, I'm planning on using 4 grams for four people. Sound okay?

>> No.5642972

>>5642962
what's the point of making cannabutter if you're just going to eat the weed

>> No.5642982

>>5642972
Well I thought that, for some reason, I needed to infuse the weed into oil (or butter) to get good effects. Idk, I'm new.
I'm thinking I'll use oil instead of butter. Butter can burn easier than oil.

>> No.5643002

>>5642881
>>do I HAVE to use two pots (one inside the other) with boiling water in the one underneath or can I just use a saucepan to melt the butter and throw in the weed?

You can simply do it in a saucepan if you want. But, that requires more care and addtension so you don't burn the butter/oil/weed. The purpose of the double boiler (pot inside the other) is safety: it prevents you from accidentally overheating the weed/butter.

>>do I HAVE to sift out the plant matter after I infuse it into the butter or can I just leave it in there? I don't care what it tastes like. I just don't wanna risk wasting anything.

You can just leave it in there. but if you wanted to do that, why bother with the butter at all? Just make brownies and add the weed to the mix. The whole point of the butter is you don't have to eat the weed, and yes it tastes nasty.

>>Is it okay if I let the weed simmer in the butter for only thirty minutes? I don't wanna spend all day doing this.

Dunno what you mean by "OK". the longer you do it, the stronger the butter will be.

>>do I have to refrigerate the weed after I'm done simmering it or can I just let it cool off to room temp before adding to brownie mix?

Normally you refrigerate it to force it to form layers. Then you throw away the aqueous later and keep the fat.

>> 4 grams for four people. Sound okay?

How strong is your weed? What are the people's tolerance?

>> No.5643018

ALRIGHT YOU FILTHY FUCK, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION.
YOU ARE A WORTHLESS SACK OF SHIT, A HUSK OF A MAN. YOU AREN'T FIT TO LICK THE BOOTS OF A CRIPPLE.
BUT YOU ARE A STONER, DAMNIT. BY GOD, BY THE TIME I'M THROUGH YOU'LL BE THE BEST STONER EVER.

GRAB A PAN, ANY PAN. FEEL IT, CARESS IT. YOU LIKE THE WAY IT FEELS?
GOOD, BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GET HOT FOR YOU, CADET.
PUT THAT SHIT ON THE STOVE AND GO GET AN ADULT TO LIGHT IT UP.

MEASURE OUT 250G OF BUTTER, THEN KICK YOURSELF IN THE TEETH FOR WHINING
ABOUT HAVING TO WORK OUT WHAT 250G IS IN AMERICAN, BECAUSE IT'S A FULL FUCKING STICK OF BUTTER.
YEAH.
THROW THAT SHIT IN THE PAN AND MELT IT UNTIL IT'S A POOL OF AMBER FLUID.
GRIND UP SOME SWEET MARY JANE AND ADD HER TO THE BUTTER, BETTER SET THAT SHIT ON ULTRA LOW HEAT NOW.
LET IT BARELY BUBBLE FOR LIKE, AS FUCKING LONG AS YOU DARE. WHEN IT'S GREEN, SHIT'S A DREAM.

NOW LAUNCH THAT PAN INTO THE MOTHERFUCKING FRIDGE AND FORGET ABOUT IT.

---CUT TO HOURS LATER---

NOW THAT SHIT'S SOLID AS YOUR MOTHER'S DICK, CRACK THE SURFACE AND DRAIN OFF THAT SHIT GREEN FLUID. DON'T WORRY, IT'S JUST WATER FILLED WITH CHLOROPHYLL, YOU AINT GONNA GET HIGH FOR THAT PANSY ASS WATERY SHIT.
TAKE THE CHUNKS OF GREEN, HARD BUTTER AND ADD THAT TO THE BROWNIE RECIPE.

REMEMBER CADET: FOR EVERY 100G OF CANNABUTTER; USE 100G OF BUTTER, OR THE BAKING MEASUREMENTS WILL FLIP THEIR SHIT AND YOUR BROWNIE WILL BE FLATTER THAN MY SISTERS TITS

>> No.5643024

>>5643018
t-t-t-thanks anon

>> No.5643026

>>5643018
>>5643002
Thank yall. Wow, I had fun reading that.

Okay, how does this plan sound: Use a cup of oil. simmer it low on the stove. throw in my weed. It's cheap weed. Leave it for 30 min. pour into brownie mix. bake it. eat it.

yes, no?

>> No.5643041

>>5643026
i don't know for sure but i'm pretty sure you'll just end up frying the weed and carbonizing it if you take it for that long of a time

>> No.5643045

>>5643041
How TF do I know when that hoe's done then?

>> No.5643048

>>5643026
THAT'S A FIRM NEGATORY.
YOU WILL JUST END UP DEEP FRYING YOUR WEED, CADET.
WE DO NOT EXCEED 120C
(250F)

>> No.5643050

>>5643045
use butter not oil and do what >>5643018 said

>> No.5643053

>>5643026

Sure, that would work. I don't know why you're bothering with heating it at all if you're just going to throw the weed itself in the brownie mix.

The point of doing an extraction with oil or butter is to remove the THC so you don't have to eat the weed itself. Why bother if you're going to be adding the weed anyway?

Also, make sure you only use as much oil/butter as the brownie recipe calls for. If the mix or recipe needs a half-cup and you throw in a whole cup it's gonna be nasty.

>> No.5643068

>>5643048
I'm not going to boil it or fry it hard. Just get it hot and stir for a litle while. Then pour that into the mix.

>>5643053
So just throwing the ground up weed into the brownie mix would work just fine but would taste like shit?

>> No.5643071

>>5643068
>would work just fine but would taste like shit?

correct.

>> No.5643082

Hey /ck/ tell me what to do!
>do this
But I don't want to. Can I do this?
>no do this
Don't want to. Give me advice.
>...

>> No.5643087

>>5643082
This. That fucking badass anon already told you what to do, OP. What the fuck.

>> No.5643097

>>5643082
/thread.

OP is a faggot.

>> No.5643122

Don't forget when you are baking the brownies bake at a lower temperature for a longer period of time. Just to make sure the THC doesn't get destroyed by the heat.

>> No.5643254

>>5643026
Look at the replies to my post HERE you fucking idiots. It ranges from "NEGATORY" to "sure that would work!"
Not my fault for not knowing who's advice to take you dumb fucking niggers.

>> No.5643260

>>5643122
Thankya.

>> No.5643281

>>5642881
>do I HAVE to use two pots (one inside the other) with boiling water in the one underneath or can I just use a saucepan to melt the butter and throw in the weed?
Yes. the water makes sure the temperature is even and not high enough to scorch the thing you're melting

>do I HAVE to sift out the plant matter after I infuse it into the butter or can I just leave it in there? I don't care what it tastes like. I just don't wanna risk wasting anything.
Taste isn't the issue, it's the bits. you can leave them in if bits don't bother you

>Is it okay if I let the weed simmer in the butter for only thirty minutes? I don't wanna spend all day doing this.
depends how strong the weed is and how fine you ground it. if you're leaving the bits in then 30mins is definitely fine

>do I have to refrigerate the weed after I'm done simmering it or can I just let it cool off to room temp before adding to brownie mix?
if you're using it straight away you don't have to cool it, just make sure it's not coming in contact with unmixed egg, mix the egg in before adding the molten butter

>> No.5643415

>>5643281
Thanks man. Very helpful.

>> No.5643429

>>5643254
It'll work but you probably won't want to eat it. We're trying to help you make those fucking brownies edible.

>> No.5643438

If you only cook it for 30 minutes you're not going to get high.

You need at least a few hours.

Also, don't just throw the weed in the brownie mix, you're not going to get high either.

I don't use a double boiler but I know a lot of people who prefer it. Just make sure to keep the heat super low.

I usually do 1oz of buds or shake to a pound of unsalted butter which is 4 sticks.

I use a cheese cloth to get all the plant bits out after the cooking process. Just ring it out well.

Oh also, get your weed as fine as possible, I used to have a coffee grinder I bought just for grinding up weed into powder.

>> No.5643446

>>5643068
Throwing the ground up weed in will NOT WORK. The weed needs a heat source if it's in it's plant form. What you're doing when making cannabutter or oil is you're making the cannabinoids attach to the fats of the butter/oil. Weed won't get you high if you just eat it.

>> No.5643448

>>5643438
How do I know when it's done cooking in the oil and ready to use in the brownie mix?

>> No.5643451

The conclusion I've came to from reading this thread is that op should just smoke his fucking weed and not waste it doing something he's just going to fuck up.

>> No.5643454

>>5643446
>Throwing the ground up weed in will NOT WORK

Actually it works just fine.

>>cannabinoids attach to the fats of the butter/oil
What you're trying to say, but failing at, is that THC (and other cannabinoids) are fat soluble. And that's true. But if you are willing to eat the weed then all you need to do is consume the weed with some fat, such as the oil or butter in the brownie mix (for example). They don't have to be cooked together, you can simply eat them at the same time. Ever hear of a "Leary Biscuit"? Google it.

>> No.5643457

>>5643448
I'm going to say minimum is probably 4 hours. It's just get better the longer you cook it. I've done batches that took 12+ hours. Just no more than 24.

>> No.5643458

>>5643451
I can't smoke. It will send me to the hospital. Asthma. Period.

>> No.5643459

>>5643448

you don't. there are no outward signs. if you want to make extract in oil or butter then the longer the better.

>> No.5643463

>>5643458
You can get a decent vape for 50 bucks

>> No.5643466

>>5643454
>>5643457
I'm getting responses that are in direct contradiction. If people have made this stuff THEMSELVES how is there any confusion? This shouldn't be too hard.

>> No.5643472

I've also gotten responses that say "30 minutes is correct" and responses that say "12 hours is correct".
>TF man

>> No.5643473

Edibles suck compared to drinks. Make weed tea. It actually tastes good.

>> No.5643475

>>5643454
You're not going to get nearly as high.

>> No.5643477

>>5643473
Maybe another day. I've already researched this for too long to quit now.

>> No.5643505

>>5643466
>If people have made this stuff THEMSELVES how is there any confusion?

Because most people haven't done any comparisons, they just parrot whatever they heard or the one thing they did.

>>This shouldn't be too hard.

You're right. You're the one making it so difficult. Let's back the truck up and start over with retard mode:
-THC (and other cannabinoids) get you high
-Those chemicals are fat soluble.
-That means you can either dissolve them into fat (such as butter or oil), or you can eat weed in conjunction with fat. Weed by itself gets you nowhere when eaten, but once there is fat in the equation, it works.

>>5643472
>I've also gotten responses that say "30 minutes is correct"

You're being retarded. You're asking a question that does not have a specific answer. It's like asking "how long is a piece of string?".

When you put weed and fat together with the goal of extracting the THC (etc.) into the oil, it's just like brewing coffee or tea. You soak the plant in the solvent. In the case of tea it's tea leaves and water. In this case it's weed and fat. But beyond that the process is the same.
It goes faster if:
-the plant is finely ground
-it's heated
It goes slower if:
-the plant is not finely ground
-it's room temp

But there is no single magic answer as to exactly how long it takes. The longer you let it sit then the more THC dissolves into the fat, until it's all dissolved. It's just like sticking a teabag in a pot of water: if you take it out quickly the tea isn't very strong. If you leave it in there for hours it's really goddamn strong.

what you need to be asking is not "how long does it take", but rather, ask yourself this question: "I know the longer it goes the stronger it will be. How much time am I willing to spend on this". And there's your answer.

>> No.5643534

>>5643505
No, the correct question to ask is:
How much heat can I apply to this situation before I completely fuck up an entire pot of weed and butter?
That answer, as stated before, is 120 C

>But anon, I don't own a thermome-
Use your finger. If it burns you fucking quickly, it's probably too hot.

>But anon, I'm a fucking pansy
Well watch the pan for bubbles. If it's bubbling quickly, you fucked up ages ago.
If it's slow, gentle bubbling, you fucked up.
If it's hardly bubbling at all, keep going, see how long you can maintain that.

Good luck using oil, that shit's a lot harder to maintain temp, especially over electric stoves. Hope you own gas hobs capable of half-flame.

>> No.5643545

>>5643505
So if I stood there for an hour watching and stirring.. Would it be too weak to even bother with it? Thank you for the reply.

>> No.5643547

>>5643534
>120 C
way too high terps and cannabinoids break down well below that temp

>> No.5643549

>>5643545
Put that shit in a crock pot with some butter or oil on low and leave it atleast overnight.

>> No.5643560

Contradictions are too much right now. I'm giving up on getting answers now. This is my final plan:
>heat pan on low, pour in a cup of veg oil
>put in weed
>stir for 30 min
>pour that in brownie mix
>bake the brownie mix at a lower temp than directed for a little longer than directed.

Gonna eat a little bit at first. Done.

>> No.5643576

>>5643560
Take it to 420chan, the fucking chan specializing in drugs.

>> No.5643578

>>5643560
see >>5643549

>> No.5643609

There are many better places to find weed brownie recipes than /ck/. Just take it from me, if you're eating edibles eat only half as much as you intend to. The THC concentration is much higher than you'd think.

>> No.5643631

>>5643547
Read the post.
That is the point of no return.
Any higher and you're frying weed.
>>5643545
You don't watch and stir, you just make sure you're ontop of what you're doing. You don't have to be a slave to the stove, just don't forget its there on the hob, or it'll start frying itself.

Same applies to confit. Say you have a pan full of oil and you're wanting to confit some garlic. You don't have to watch that shit because it takes fucking ages, but at the same time you can turn your back for 5 minutes and turn back around to see golden brown fried fucking garlics.
Same applies to cream bubbling over a pan. One minute it's a still liquid, next moment a torrent of froth of bubbles.

Nobody expects you to stand stirring a pan forever, just be aware of how hot it's getting, take it off the stove every now and then. Slow and steady is better than quick and fucked.

>> No.5645159

>>5643122
THC doesn't get destroyed by heat. Heat converts THA to THC. OP get a pot, no pun intended, half full of water, 1 stick of butter per 1/4 oz. of tweed. Boil the fuck out of it for two hours. Keep a close eye on it and don't let the water boil out, you'll have to add some. Let it cool, put it in the fridge, get the green butter wafer off the top, pour out the nasty ass water, make brownies with the green butter, get wasted.

>> No.5645589

I've wanted to make weed brownies for a long time but every recipe just seems so fucking contradicting you don't know what to do.

>Infuse the weed in the butter for SIX HOURS.
Shit that's a long time, won't the butter dry up being infused for so long, even if on a low low heat?

>Some people say infuse the weed for six hours, THAT'S BULLSHIT DOING IT FOR 15-30 MINUTES IS LONG ENOUGH I'VE RESEARCHED BLABLABLA AND KNOW THIS FOR A FACT.
Oh... ok so I don't need to infuse it for so long? I don't have a clue anymore.

Also ive been told to use a simple bag of brownie mix from the store that you just add water to, where does the butter come into this, how would I incorporate the weed butter into the brownie mix properly? Some sites say tip the butter into the bottom of whatever you're bakin in and then pour the batter on top, or can I just mix it in with the batter even if the recipe on the bag only requires water, not butter?

Also if too much heat kills the THC off how comes it survives the oven?

I've just heard so many different things and it all goes into such fine detail. I'd use about £100+ worth of weed in these things so it's not something you can just trial and error until you get it right, if I fail it's all that money down the drain. It needs to be done correctly and give good results first try.

Sorry if some of these questions are stupid but I need to be sure. First time I cook ANY dish it runs the risk of not turning out perfectly, these must turn out perfectly though.

>> No.5645598

Stop using drugs you filthy degenerate

>> No.5645696

>>5645589
Thank you for understanding.

>> No.5645712

>>5645589
>won't the butter dry up being infused for so long, even if on a low low heat?
No, because fat doesn't evaporate.

>Oh... ok so I don't need to infuse it for so long? I don't have a clue anymore.
It's just like making coffee or tea: the longer it steeps the stronger it gets.

>how would I incorporate the weed butter into the brownie mix properly
Buy a mix that calls for either butter or oil. Then use your weed butter in the same quantity. You just mix it in with the batter.

>Also if too much heat kills the THC off how comes it survives the oven?
Because baking it doesn't get it hot enough for long enough to hurt the THC.

>> No.5645788

>>5643560
fucking dumb fuck OP, why even bother asking the question when you're adamant about going about it your own inferior way, despite the excellent advice given by posters in this thread.

eat a dick and fuck off back to /b/

>> No.5645800

>>5642951
A few mates of mine did this too, basically they accidently added a overdose (5gr.) in a basic mix.

Shit was so cash, unfortunately the doggie got a bit affected by it too (it probably was in the air since he didn't get his pawns on a single bit.)

Final score : i ended up high as fuck and the guy's mom thought i was the stoner since i wore a beanie.

>> No.5646206

>>5645712
>Buy a mix that calls for either butter or oil. Then use your weed butter in the same quantity. You just mix it in with the batter.

Most brownie mixes I can only find require water. Will look for one requiring oil but do you think I could substitute the butter in place of water in a brownie mix requiring water? Figured it wouldn't work since butter and water are very different even when butter is in liquid form.

>> No.5646217

>>5646206
>do you think I could substitute the butter in place of water in a brownie mix requiring water?

As far as I know, no. One is fat, the other is water. They are completely different as far as cooking properties go. Then again, I am not a baking expert, but it would very much surprise me if it would work.

I've always just bought a brownie mix that called for oil or butter. Just read the back of the box. They'll typically call for an egg, a little water, and a little oil or butter. Don't worry if it calls for oil vs. butter, you CAN make that substitution.

>> No.5646252

>>5646206
Betty Crocker brownie mix needs butter. Think I bought it in Tescos but I'm pretty sure its a popular brand of brownie mix. Just dont go to waitrose and expect to find it

>> No.5646414

>>5646217
>>5646252

Thank you, just what I needed to know.

Final question, how much weed to butter ratio is good? Here in the UK they sell butter in about 500g blocks instead of sticks, so I've no idea how much a stick is.

Appreciate the help anons.

>> No.5646726

>>5646414
250g is a stick of butter if im not mistaking

>> No.5646731

And it depends on the weed your using.

Most people say 1/4oz for every stick, but if it's shitty weed, then you might need more. If its really good, then you can probably get away with a little less.

>> No.5646739

>>5642881

no. I've done it with one saucepan before and it works fine. it will taste like weed no matter what just grind it up as finely as you can. Ive done this with butter and oil

no, you don't. leave it in there.

the longer you simmer the more you'll extract, to an extent. I'd say an hour at least.

no. i've never heard of this. you can pour the weed and oil into the mix or whatever.

stop overthinking this

>> No.5646742

Anyone who's actually made cannabutter, how strong is the smell? And how long does it usually take to dissipate?

I'd rather not have the smell leaking into the hallways and into other rooms if it can be avoided

>> No.5646743

>>5646739
also, 4g is fine for 4 servings. especially if its good stuff

>> No.5646839

Okay fellas, I use butter to make all kinds of edibles pretty often. I go through a pound of butter a month on average. I am very happy with my method and it works well for me. Keep in mind that some ratios and the total time of the process can be adjusted to your needs. I use a 1/8 of really good bud per stick of butter, so it's a half ounce of headies for a pound of cannabutter. I use a coffee grinder to powder my bud, and split the weed powder between to mason jars. I then take two sticks (half a pound) and put two sticks in each mason jar. I then take cheese cloth and throw over the top of each jar and then place the lids on. I then place the mason jars in a crock pot filled with water and forget about them for a day and a half or so other than shaking them a few times. Then all I have to do is take the solid top off the mason jar and it's ready to pour into whatever container you like. I have stick molds so it comes out as four sticks of neon green cannabutter. The only smell is when I open the jars and it's very faint, like smoking a bowl. I know I ran through it pretty fast but ask me any questions you may have and I would be happy to help how I can. It took me more than a few tries to get it down right where I like.

>> No.5648086

>>5646731
Thanks anon, know exactly what I need to know now.

>> No.5648133

Personally I let the weed simmer in butter for 30 mins in a regular pot, not a double boiler or anything. I just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn. I strain the weed out but it's not necessary to do so, it just results in better texture/flavour. and I've never refrigerated before throwing it in the mix.

Probably not the best way to do it but it works.

>> No.5648386

>>5648133
The only reason people place it in the fridge is to save it or to separate it from the water that they added/the small amount in the butter