[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.34 MB, 2592x1936, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5628891 No.5628891 [Reply] [Original]

So /ck/ do you have any food disorders? Binging, bulimia, anorexia?

I used to be 220lbs and I had a pretty normal relationship with food. I ate pretty balanced meals, just a bit too big on portion sizes. Fresh fruit and veges etc.

Now I'm 150lb and pretty thin...but my relationship with food is straight up fucked. I moved out of my parents house and I just can't do moderation. Yesterday what I are was 2.25 quarts of ice cream. Today I ate 1.5 quarts and 3/4 of a strawberry shortcake. I understand calories so I don't put on weight (have maintained 150lbs for 18 months now despite eating like this) but I know my insides must be shredded. I eat probably 1-1.5 gallons of ice cream a week and 2-3 whole pumpkin/apple pies and cakes.

I just can't do moderation. I threw up all that I ate today (I don't do that very often) to free up some calories so I could make some egg and bean burritos for dinner.

Tell me your story /ck/

>> No.5628922

>>5628891
Yeah I'm similar, it's all or nothing with me, can't do moderation. Did super strict keto, steak and eggs only. It was super easy, lost a ton of weight. Did starvation level semi vegetarian diet consisting mostly of rice. Super easy lost tons of weight.
But as soon as I try to eat a normal diet, it's all fucking over, I just eat way too much. I ate entire fucking pot of split pea soup yesterday. What the fuck? The only way I can keep my diet in check is to just eat the exact same thing all day every day, and never veer from that.

>> No.5628927

I go through stages where I feel I have no control over what I eat, and can spend day after day munching through all types of junk food - 5000+ calories a day no problem.

Ive never been a healthy weight, probably classified as severely obese, and at no point in my life have I maintained a steady weight. Ive made 2-3 serious attempts at weight loss in my adult life with little lasting success. So im always either gaining or losing weight.

I just crave chocolate daily, and when I do give in, it cant be one bar, it has to be enough to the point where I feel sick.

>> No.5628948

>>5628922
>>5628927
I feel ya's. It's like what's the point of having one bowl or one bar of chocolate. I want to eat it to the point where I no longer desire to eat any more of that food, which for ice cream is quite a lot. If I have 2 scoops of ice cream I just want more which is even worse because it's like a tease

>> No.5628957

I am 6'3 170lbs, weight train 4x a week and have a very unhealthy relationship with food. I can't be sedentary, I always stand, pace and go for walks after eating anything. I gorge when I do eat and if I plan on having a calorie dense meal later on in the day I will severely restrict my whole days intake. For example, with Indian takeout all I'll eat is one cup of oats and four tbsp of psyllium husk.

Also addicted to diet ginger beer. I freeze it into ice cubes and the quantity has spiralled out of my control. Like 1.5 liters daily now.

Most carb bases I'll substitute with puréed cauliflower. Life is hell. Was overweight when younger but now I'm pretty ripped. My whole life feels
Ike it revolves around diet drink ice and food.

>> No.5628965

>>5628957
It sounds a little obsessive, but I wouldnt say that closely regulating food and balancing out calories between meals is necessarily a problem, if anything its probably a good thing

>> No.5628968

i'm bulimic, and i only come here when i binge.

sup.

>> No.5628974

>>5628965
But I need the calories. I wish I could stop thinking about the ritual I've created around each meal. Recently I've started smoking at night so ill essentially starve all day so I can binge at night on cauliflower and kangaroo and papa dums..

Fuck, I really fancy a chicken vindaloo and a spinach cheese naan now.

>> No.5628976

>>5628957
Yup. So much of my life is spent thinking of binging, what I'm going to binge on, when, and how much to restrict myself beforehand to mitigate weight gain

>> No.5628995

I can't eat well it seems.

I like eating. I like eating all kinds of shit.

I like eating good meals, I like eating shitty cookies, I'll eat vats of ice cream and I'll eat an entire cropfield of veggies, you name it, I probably could eat a motherfuck of it. (The only real I really can't or won't eat unless I'm literally starving, is fast food of any kind)

But whenever I eat things that are bad for me and I've gone past the point of a "balance" of it (1/2c-1c of ice cream, 2-3 small burritos, etc) if I go beyond that, I just feel fucking sick to myself. Not because I ate so much, cause I could get triple that kind of stuff no problem, but because I just know its so bad for me.

I'm always fucking hungry too. I once made an entire 12lb chicken, 3 sides, dessert, 2 beers and a regular drink (I think it was homemade green tea ice tea), and not 1 hour later, I was fucking starving again.

I have no idea what the problem is.. doctors have run tests and they can not determine it.

I'm 6'1, 200-220lbs (I flucuate a bit because I go through periods of lots of work out, lots of laziness, and lots of both combined), I just want to eat right... 3 good sized meals a day that are good for me.. I just can't though...

>> No.5629002

>>5628948

it's the product of the culture, honestly. i am not saying blame the food industry and shift responsibility of your behaviors to them, but shit like chocolate bars and icecream are loaded with sugar sugar sugar corn syrup fat sugar artificial flavoring and whatsits and whatnots that are MEANT to get you ADDICTED so you'll keep buying the product. honestly, we shouldn't be eating this crap in the first place. it is a breeding ground for real fucking problems in people that have a bit of an addictive temperament, or learned to cope with life by eating terrible shitty sugary junk food early in life. to everyone else, it's just shit that they can't stop eating on a daily basis, rather than full-fledged bingeing.

i imagine you're trying to sustain the dopamine kick as long as possible too, whether to avoid something in your life/emotions/whatever or because you are depressed or both, that's up to you.

>> No.5629019

>>5628957
>Life is hell
iktf. I was in similar boat a few years ago. Then I got sick of working out and eating "healthy". That was the hell part. My diet slowly decended back into what I wanted to eat, lots of pizza and fried shit and alcohol, though now with lots of veges and not much meat. And practicing a bit of moderation, eg eat a shitload one day, starve the next. 3 years after quitting I'm still the same weight, though swapped some muscle for fat. Heaps happier now.

>> No.5629052

I used to be pretty hardcore anorexic (18 y/o, 187cm/6'1", 41kgs/90lbs), I was stuck in a psych ward for like 10 months and still have to keep track of what I eat and submit it to my shrink (3 years later) as part of the conditions of my release. Still, bitches don't know about my "stealing meal plans from random fucks on myfitnesspal".

Side note: if you can avoid being committed for your anashit do whatever, I missed giving a presentation at DEFCON for that crap, plus it's difficult as fuck to get out once you're locked in there... q.q

>> No.5629105

I've missed /ck/, this board and its users make me comfy.

Thanks guys, you're great.

>> No.5629106

>>5628891
probably. I've been taking on more hours at work and have only been eating at night, but more food than I used to have at night. I've been skipping breakfast, lunch, and having all my days worth of food in the late evening. tonight I had two of the frozen Indian dinners from trader joe's, a regular size roll of Starburst candy, and a good helping of bourbon. but other than that I haven't eaten today. it seems like a lot but since I only have one meal a day I hope it balances out.

>> No.5629303

I never figured out people with eating disoreders ,it's just fucking food

>> No.5629328

>>5629303
If you think of food that simply, then it's okay that you don't understand it.

>> No.5629635

I'm pretty shit with portion control.

I only drink water, rarely ever have sweets or junk food, but when I eat my meals, I eat A FUCKING LOT. Like I just eat really, really fast and I don't realize how much I've consumed before my body actually starts to realize what is going down. I typically average about 4-5 bowls of cereal during breakfast, can go through an entire pizza, and I'm essentially a bottomless pit when it comes to rice or pasta based dishes.

Because I work out 6 times a week, I've never been super fat or anything, but I do often find it hard to keep off some weight. For a period of time I did a thing where I counted to ten after each bite and drank water through the duration of the 10 seconds every other bite, but the whole process just became aggravating, despite working pretty well.

>> No.5630362
File: 92 KB, 977x436, 1386843579361.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5628922
I know this exact feel, right down to every word.

I go though a weird "If I don't eat this during my binge, I won't get to eat it until my next binge", and I eat crazy amounts of food all day. I'll then go semi starvation keto 200-400 calories the rest of the week. I don't want to lose weight, I'm just an enormous faggot with control issues

>> No.5630370

i had leftowver cheezburgur and 11 beers a can of wolf chilli with some leftover chees and a craft single in it

>> No.5630378

>>5628922
Please, holy shit I beg you, read Intuitive Eating. It explains this down to every last detail. For the first time in my life I feel control of my eating again. It's on the Pirate Bay right now.

>> No.5630441

>>5628927
You sound depressed. Take magnesium supplements til you almost bust your RDA, and have mugs of cocoa where you regulate the sugar intake, or at least can replace with something like xylitol. Make it a "dark chocolate" cocoa by not putting milk in it. When you think about chocolate, go for the cocoa.

>> No.5630446

>>5630378
Tried searching, you sure it's called Intuitive eating?

>> No.5630449

Yes. I used to be anorexic. Now I just starve myself everyday except for weekends till 6. I try to keep it under 500 cals but I screw it up.

>> No.5630460

Could be almost disorderly?
I cant feel comfortable, or go to sleep without recording my nutrition somewhere.
Not just calories, but even down to my actual nutrient intake. I get mad that they dont include other nutrients like Chromium for example. Get stressed out if my Nutrient Target Achieved is lower than 90. Not getting equal thirds of Carbs, Fats, and Proteins. Going overboard on sugars, which is unfortunately too easy

>>5628957
Can you share what you do with your cauliflower? Sounds great.

>> No.5630467

>>5628974
> Recently I've started smoking at night so ill essentially starve all day so I can binge at night on cauliflower and kangaroo and papa dums..
are you saying your smoking at night effects your hunger in the morning somehow? Wtf.

>>5628995
those bad foods make you feel sick because they literally, make your guts feel shit. you're heading into no-cebo territory.

>>5629303
its like alcohol, it's not that alcohol is the most delicious thing in the world, its just a means of controlling something.

>> No.5630468

>>5630449
You're still anorexic.

>> No.5630477

>>5630468
No I'm at that horrible skinny fat phase where I'm skinny but still have flab.
I should lift amirite

>> No.5630549

Not sure if this is what you mean. Not really an anorexia, body dysmorphia thing, but from around 14 to 23 I had a huge phobia about cleanliness and food poisoning which would definitely get in the way of me eating enough or enjoying anything really. I knew every safety protocol about food to the point of absurdity. Rice? You're just asking to be sick. Fish? No way, no how. You left the steak out for HOW many minutes before refrigerating it?

It was some manifestation of anxiety that often caused panic attacks. I went to England with my mum at 17, almost resulting in a nervous breakdown (probably for her too) due to my all pervasive fear of BSE. Basically I starved for my 2 weeks there.

The scariest experience of my life at 23 was a month in SE Asia. Culture shock and proper insanity it seemed for a week or so. But I had to eat so I did, I experienced more and more different things. I always felt nauseous, but I started to realise that in fact I wasn't vomiting or anything, got the runs once, but had some lomotil so that was fine. By the end of the trip I felt fine, pretty badass and 'traveled.' Basically, I accidentally gave myself a sharp dose of behaviour therapy.

At 29 I went to India and got dysentery, which was less fun. I probably won't go back there, but these days I still eat whatever I can find, though my level of hand washing and utensil cleaning maybe I bit on the crazy side.

>> No.5630562

>>5630460
just put the heads in a food processor and purée it. I then microwave it for three minutes which allows the cauliflowers inherent water content to make it essentially like cous cous or a rice substitute. It absorbs flavours so I save three hundredish calories using hits instead of rice who I eat curry. Means more naan.

>> No.5630576

I went from 240 pounds to 155 pounds over the course of about 6 months. It's been four months since and even though I exercise and eat well. I can't stop cutting. I can't eat a normal balanced diet.
And then after one or two weeks my body just tells me I'm starving and I gorge. It's not even on good tasting food. I'll start eating condensed milk, chocolate, ice cream but I'll eat it so fast like I'm starving and yeah, I kind of am.
But I eat so much so fast and even when I'm full I keep going until I throw up just a little bit. The next two days will be filled with diarrhoea and I'll do acidic burps. The diarrhoea is explosive and it feels so bad.
But the very next day I just keep on cutting knowing full well it's going to come back and bite me in the ass.
H-help.

>> No.5630578

>>5630549
What's bse

>> No.5630580

>>5630562
Rightio. Im gonna try this.

>> No.5630583

>>5630576
Make your fridge minimal and put all your grocery money in a place hard to access.

>> No.5630588

>>5630578
Mad cow disease.

>> No.5630596

Meh, I used to have no control regarding food. It seemed like I had an unfillable hunger, and ended up being quite obese, which I still am. I do not consider it an eating disorder through, more like my own lack of self-control.

I'm still overweight, but I am far better off now than I was 2 years ago. Moving out of my parents home did wonders to my self-discipline. All by changing my diet and exercising.

>> No.5630600
File: 231 KB, 863x752, 1370292568178[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5630583
I don't live alone. I'm really good at limiting what I eat when I'm not home. It's only night time when I get weak. I've gotten to the point where I'm trying to engineer a mechanism that will auto lock me into my room. The problem is I don't want to start shitting into cans. That's when you go from eating disorder to mental disorder.

>> No.5630610

i eat too little, 2 meals a day.
nothing unhealthy though, just too little.
i weigh 121lbs and im 5'8 so its nothing to worry about

>> No.5630622

>>5630600
Use your Money saved and move out on your own

>> No.5630645

>>5630477
That's anorexia. When you're skinny and you still think you're fat and need to lose weight, that's anorexia. it might be better than it was, but it's still there.

That's okay, I'm fat as all fuck. Gonna go get my second bowl of sugary cereal and rack up my calorie counter for the day to 500 30 minutes after waking.

I feel for the general eating urges in this thread, but I find I eat more out of a sort of boredom than anything. I'll go (almost) whole days without eating if busy, but when I have the time to spare, I spend it on cooking and eating food.

>> No.5630660

>>5628891
>I just can't do moderation.
I understand this. My top weight was 235, which didn't seem so bad for a dude who is 6'2", but had my doctor bitching at me about shit like blood pressure and cholesterol.

I ate all the healthy stuff, but didn't do so well with portion control when it came to meat and cheese. Fortunately sweets were never a weakness of mine. But it was enough of an issue to make me borderline obese.

I'm not one to count calories, nor am I willing to go hungry. So I just switched over to a vegetable based diet six days a week. Now I'm down to a trim 180lbs as long as I lift weights most days, which I do. Once a week I'll indulge in animal products, and I still have trouble with restraint. Last night I ate almost a pound of pulled pork. But it doesn't seem to do me any damage if I only do it once a week, so that's what I do. The rest of the week I'm eating beans, greens, vegetables and grains, It's hard to stay fat when that's mostly what you eat.

>> No.5630667

I don't even enough - it's poverty-based. so when I do come into some food, I eat indulgently. I guess I wouldn't say I 'binge,' but I will definitely eat, like, a whole box of pizza rolls, or a whole apple pie, or whatever, because I don't always know where my next meal is coming from.

this is no doubt awful for my insulin resistance and I am also kind of worried that when I do finally claw my way out of poverty, I will pig out and balloon up. I guess I have some margin for that though. I'm 6'1" and thin as a rail, like 165 pounds... my muscles have even been degenerating due to constant lack of calories. it sucks.

>> No.5630680
File: 75 KB, 600x400, 1 tree, 40 types fruit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5628891
>>5628922
>Steak and eggs only
The cool part of moderation is satisfaction. Grains are good because fiber - is filling. Refined sugar throws a curveball as it's so simple a carb that it unmoderatedly raises blood sugar, pulling unnecessary nutrients and probably water and electrolytes.

If hormones are at such a balance that the state of eating is like LSD, then drinking some water and lifting is one of the best options -- that is, a gallon container is really helpful.

Again, some foods are filling; plenty, here:
http://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/nutritional-target-map-search

>> No.5630690
File: 87 KB, 1280x734, Intro of Modified Wheat, 1985.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5628927
>>5628948
>>5628974
>>5628976

>>5629002
>This
Also, it's likely the genetically modified wheat introduced around 1985 causes hunger

>>5630449
Eating is a main source of water. Speaking of which, a lot of weight can probably setup categorically as water retention caused by salt.
>Response to excess sodium is flushing it out in the urine. Unfortunately, this also removes potassium. If potassium levels are low, the body tries to hoard it, which also means hanging onto sodium. Water follows sodium.

Satisfaction is a common idea. Foods have filling properties, and both full and overall satiation are common and correlative with efficiency and habit.

Enjoy.

>> No.5630695

>>5630549

>germophobe
>goes to india

toppest kek

>> No.5630760

I used to be bulimic when I was 12-15, then off and on around 15-18. My teeth were getting nasty, my hair was thin and falling out.

I'm pretty chubby now, but whenever I go on a work out spree I fuck up on a "cheat day" and then fuck up forever. I swear, it's like if you eat one slice of pizza you'll go back to your greasy eating habits-- atleast for me. shit sucks.

>> No.5630763

>>5630695

Well it was 5 years after I'd got over it, I'd been to Beijing in the interim. I'd basically come to the conclusion that my digestive system was tough as fuck.

If you're going to kek at anything, it would be me spending $2000AUD+ to go watch cricket for a month... to spend half the time bed-ridden with a drip in my arm.

>> No.5630809

STOP MAKING THIS FUCKING THREAD

>> No.5630820
File: 14 KB, 308x274, hogymen.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5630809

Triggered?

>> No.5630884

>>5630809
I don't understand. I've never made a disorder thread before...

>> No.5630905

>>5630884
i have seen treads like this before. But have not seen it since months. So anon has to fuck off

>> No.5630915

>>5628891
It is really ironic for me seeing this tread now.
i used to be bulimic, like badly. I threw up my food 3 times a day and tried to eat nothing. I came out of the cycle on my own and have gotten my life back a little, thou with 1000 of diet attempts because i gained a bit of weight back (i went from 82 kg at 13 years old to 60 at 14/15) I have maintain 70 kg since age 16 (now 20). But the ironic thing is that i am becoming pretty desperate when it comes to weight loss, so much that i threw up my food yesterday since, maybe months. I am constanly on the look for new diet tricks, i honestly thing that if i would not life alone i could lose weight. My mom buys a lot of junk and i have very little control about myself when it comes to salty/sweet/fatty food things. When i see others eat it, i must have too. Chips is my weakness, i can eat bags all day long if it was up to me.
Going to try Intermittent Fasting now. I figure i can do it pretty well because when i was at my worst with my eating disorder i would also fast for hours a day until breaking. I have always been worried about the starvation mode and my body sending every calorie to store as fat, but i think i am giving this a try.

>> No.5630925

>>5630578
>>5630588
CJD/Creutzfeld-Jacobs Disease in humans, Bovine Sponigform Encephalopathy in cows. It's also closely related to scrapie (very similar prion) in sheep.

>> No.5630940

Was a fat kid and dieted to about 110 lbs at 5'4. It screwed up my heart, so I was forced to gain weight. I hated it and refused it, but I still gained weight because I didn't want to go to residential. So I went up to around 130 lbs. Now that I'm an adult, I have a right to refuse treatment and I'm currently back at 110 lbs, trying to get to 90 lbs.

I have an eat everything or eat nothing mentality.

>> No.5630970

>>5628891
Heh. Been a recent topic in my life... I'd been a bulimic from the age of 15 to 22. Pretty bad, I had no idea what I was doing to my body or how fucked I really was mentally to be doing this to myself, killing myself, lying to friends and family who only wanted to help.

Yoga fucking saved my life, kiddos. No joke.

>> No.5630997

>>5630925

Oh shit, I'm so glad I didn't know about that at the time. I would've been convinced I was down for the count.

Lucky I was just fixated on vomit and shitting diseases.

>> No.5631004

>>5629328

Would you prefer he "understands" food and has a disorder?

>> No.5631008

I have major problems with food. I am a healthy weight but desperate to be thin. I try to stick to a reasonable eating plan/calories for losing weight, but I'll always fuck up and have a day where I binge on crap. After that I have to eat absolutely nothing for a day or two to make up for all those extra calories, and it's just this cycle I can't escape where I'm either starving or feeling sick because I ate way too much. I think about food and calories all the time, and when I look in the mirror I feel so disgusted with myself I can hardly stand it. I'm so jealous of people who are naturally thin and would give anything to be in their shoes.

>> No.5631027

>>5630905
I have seen three separate threads on this subject in the past month.

>> No.5631028

I was a fat kid so I got tired of it one day and decided to lose weight. I didn't know any better so my diet consisted of 1 small bowl of cereal and walking/jogging/running on a treadmill everyday. It worked great though. I went from 190 to 135 in less than a 3 months and was losing 1 pound a day near the end but looking back, it must have been some kind of eating disorder. I was so focused and hell bent on losing weight that I was able to ignore starvation for that goal.

Now I have a problem with binge eating. Since I was a fat kid, my appetite is still the same and my binges are epic. I gained too much weight now and I'm trying to lose weight but I always binge too much on weekends. Also, I tried the no eating thing again and it was impossible. After a week, I literally did not have the strength to hold my arms above my head for more than a few seconds and I felt like I was dying.

Losing weight when fat is easy. Losing weight while average? Not so much. I think I have an addiction to food.

>> No.5631753

>>5631027
>Oh no, I had to click the "-" button THREE SEPARATE TIMES

>> No.5632061

>>5630760
How low was your weight?
I'm >>5629052 and never had my hair fall out (it did get a bit thinner, but not much)... Iunno if that's just down to genetics or what.....

>> No.5632122

I have acid reflux. The thought that stomach acid is going to eventually eat through my esophagus and pour blood into my throat and lungs in a slow and painful death is pretty terrifying to me. Good for you OP for keeping the world a little better looking no matter the cost.

>> No.5632143
File: 7 KB, 160x189, marlo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5631004
You can understand food and not have a disorder. What kind of idiot thinks that having knowledge of something is inherently bad? And don't ask stupid questions.

>> No.5632198
File: 18 KB, 300x300, 51AMEvDibIL.01._SR300,300_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I binged since I was in middle school. I'm 22 now. 5'0", 105-110 lbs, down from 140lbs. A few attempts at bulimia but I never go through with them.

I used to come down to the kitchen and just stand there thinking about what I wanted to eat before I grabbed anything. It happened all the time, even when I was already full. I just kept stuffing my face.

I'm getting better. I limit all my eating from noon to 8-9 PM (i.e., intermittent fasting) with simple food of around 1200 calories. An hour of cardio/lifting four times a week usually burns off my breakfast. I still eat sweets almost everyday.

Pic related, glorious glorious apple cinnamon oatmeal.

Living on my own actually made me thinner because I didn't buy shit food in the first place. Sure, I brought snacks sometimes, but I kept to tea biscuits and things that filled me up for very little. Potato chips do not fill me up. Strawberry shortcake? I think about how horrible I'll feel after eating that. Ice cream is laughably lacking in nutrition, why would I ever buy that when I know that I would probably shovel it into my gaping maw.

OP, if you don't want to binge, stop buying shit food and assume you're not going to eat all of it at once.

>> No.5632243

>>5632198
I don't assume. I plan. I plan and then I buy and then I binge. Op here. I ate 1000 calories today and I plan to eat 3000 of ice cream and pie tomorrow.

Fucked up isn't it?

>> No.5632282

>>5628891
>I threw up all that I ate today (I don't do that very often) to free up some calories so I could make some egg and bean burritos for dinner.

Nothing about your post seemed abnormal for a young person who just moved out of their parents house, until this. I agree, you are fucked when it comes to food. On one hand you eat like shit, but on the other you're obsessed with calorie count enough to throw it up.

The throwing up will fuck over your teeth, throat, etc etc. You can even give yourself hernias by trying to throw up when you don't need to.

Don't act helpless like many people do. You are perfectly able not to throw up. You're in control of yourself, and it's pathetic not to be able to have any self control. "I can't do moderation" - yes, you can. You just don't care enough to, or aren't motivated to.

And if you don't care... neither do I. Good luck with that. When you start to care about your health you'll change. Right now, you don't give a shit and you're choosing to act helpless to food.

>> No.5632290

>>5629002

I eat chocolate every week and it's not causing any problems.

Lack of self control isn't addiction. People need to stop calling everything addiction and acting like they're helpless to a disease. This culture of helplessness is the disease. Nobody wants to be responsible for their own actions, so they throw shit in their mouth and blame everything other than their own fat faces.

Nobody makes you sit on your couch and stuff your face. You do that. You like to and you don't give enough of a crap to change, because it's easier to act like the food industry is poisoning you.

"Wahhh wahhh wahh I'm addicted" - bullshit, you're just lazy and irresponsible. Grow up.

>> No.5632300

I can definitely echo all the sentiments ITT about not being able to hold back.
If it's in my house, my mind just goes blank. I have to eat the whole container in one day (possibly one sitting). It's almost impossible to save it for another day, especially if it's sweets. (I balance calories out though)
But in the stores I have a high degree of self control.

It's funny, whenever I binge like that I tell myself that it's the last time I eat that for a very long time, which his usually true, but then the next time I buy something completely different but equally delicious/unhealthy. This way I cycle through all the shit that you can get around here.

>> No.5632313

>>5628891

I also have a problem with ice cream and I don't know why. I don't eat it often but when I do I eat a whole pint :(((

>> No.5632315
File: 337 KB, 1594x1196, 1405838679836.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5628891
I have fluctuated in weight so heavily just because I don't know what the fuck i'm doing

>never did any sports as a kid
>never learned proper nutrition
>awesome parents, but never said no to snacks or soda
>move out on my own
>try to track calories
>feel really overwhelmed when trying to track things I cooked
>how the fuck do you calorie track a stew? is it by every ingredient?
>get anxiety from eating around people
>move to another country where everyone is fit, thin, and overall beautiful
>meanwhile I am a fat americlap with no sense of direction

fuck

>> No.5632321

>>5632282
truly your knowledge of human biology and psychology is limitless

>> No.5632327

>>5632321

I agree, as do many in my life. I am amazing and very smart. Thank you.

>> No.5632353

>>5632327
you're welcome

>> No.5632436

>fatass in high school
>anorexic in college
>kind of alright now, just slightly underweight

anorexia was no fun. freaking out over going 10 calories over my daily limit, slaving over the treadmill in baggy clothes because i was too ashamed to show my bony ass body, taking laxatives because i wouldn't shit without them, etc.

despite all that, i remember inwardly laughing at all the girls growing chubbier and uglier throughout the first year of uni. god i'm sorry for being a bitch.

>> No.5632473

Hm, no, but recently, I've been finding myself dealing with mild IBS symptoms and even having trouble digesting dairy products which is really weird considering how growing up, I was totally fine with it. It really sucks because I love food - the texture, flavors, aroma, colors, and even the concept of taking one's time to enjoy a meal with good company.

I've been having to purchase dairy alternatives which doesn't always taste as good (although, soy milk is nice and refreshing in the summer, but not as fun to cook with) and it's occasionally expensive. I've also had to cut down on meats, sweets, and starches.

I love rich food, but my digestive system hates it.

>> No.5632499

>>5632198
Cutting refined sugar completely resets taste. Everything has some form of such; therein, homemade food is fantastic

The only sweeteners that remain "possibly safe" are sugar and stevia

>> No.5632503
File: 18 KB, 1675x104, -.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5632198
>>5632499
And honey, which combines with stevia for multiples of sweetness

>> No.5632652

>>5632243
Stop buying ice cream and pie. Why do you do this to yourself.

>> No.5632873

>>5632436
>tfw anorexic the year I had to learn to drive
>driving instructor offered me small butterscotch candies and I had to think about it for several minutes whether I'd accept them and eat less later or deny them
>Freaking out about black coffee after learning that certain places list their cups of black coffee as containing 5 calories (thanks panera)

Not fun never again 0/10 would not recommend

>> No.5632982

>>5632873
Oh god dem feels. Still remember contemplating my nana offering butterscotches. Dem 80 calories

>> No.5633901

>>5632982
>>5632873
What I would do is take the candy and say I'll eat it later and then through it out.

>tfw currently doing a chew and spit of all the junk food in the house.

>> No.5633979

>>5633901
>tfw you chew and spit junk food, then later go back and eat it again
feels bad man.

>> No.5633990

>>5633979
I think I've done that once when I was really desperate. Never did it again though.

The only reason why I have "relapsed" so to speak is because I've been constantly binging for a month straight and have gained so much weight I'm scared to go outside.

>tfw stepping onto a scale and seeing how fat you actually are after you decided you would never relapse again

I fucking hate this so much

>> No.5634415

I have a problem with binging on fruits and eating almost nothing else.
I have to limit what fruit I buy, usually to my least favorites, and even so it only lasts about 2 days.
I'll also drink 3-4 cups of coffee in the morning and blaze til about 3 p.m. before I stop to eat something.

>> No.5634685

>>5634415
Are you me?

Today is different, I am sick with a fever, cough and headache. It is 6pm and I have only had tea and cough drops today.

>> No.5634696

Mine's just a cycle.

>Gross, I'm fat. Diet and exercise!
>lose weight
>Cool, I'm thin now! Let's eat chips and ice cream!
>gain weight
>repeat forever

I've been doing this for like 8 years, since I was 15. The swings are big, like 40-50 lbs, and it happens in like 6-9 months.

>> No.5634708

Same here, I'm currently losing weight, lost about 13lbs in 4 weeks and that's just by calorie counting on myfitnesspal. Finding it relatively easy but when I get snacking urges I want to eat what is essentially a full meal. Its why I'm fat in the first place. Ice cream and other dairy products are also my weakness. Dat delicious dairy.

>> No.5634723

I was at about 220lb or so when I was at my largest. I had a rough semester in college and had to drop out. Spend time mostly at home and in my room, didn't really eat much. I think I got around 500-800 calories a day for a long period of time. Dropped down to about 130ish before it finally stopped falling and began to eat more. My height is around 5'10. I still have trouble eating right and maintaining the weight I do have. I can eat until i feel sick and not gain any weight, though I am sure I am still not eating enough as I should.

>> No.5634727

>>5632290

calling it an addiction does NOT also imply that the addict is helpless, or that they perceive themselves to be helpless. i don't know how you're coming up with that. admitting that you have an addiction is meant to be the first step on the path to changing those behaviors--before you can see it for what it is, an ADDICTION that you are currently allowing to severely impede your quality of life, you never WILL believe that you can take control. you are in denial until you realize that it is an addiction, and that it is your responsibility to get the help you need and take the steps to get there.

addiction usually is perpetuated by negative self-talk including accusing one's self of "just being lazy and irresponsible." because THOSE are the excuses! you're advocating the exact same thing you believe that you are criticizing. "i'm just lazy and irresponsible" becomes an excuse. no, you are addicted to something, and it is a problem, and YOU are not lazy, YOU have the power to take control.

>> No.5634798
File: 71 KB, 500x686, 1402423777611.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

don't know if this is a disorder or not but any one here gets stomach pain that usually comes at nights I don't think it the food i eat since i have eaten this food before and been fine it just started around a month or two ago

>> No.5634821

I suck with moderation. I just fucking love food man

>> No.5634887
File: 279 KB, 813x357, 1372418300713.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I started losing weight around four years ago- and calorie counting properly two years ago. Went from around 260 pounds to 125 pounds (aiming for 100- I'm only 5 foot). I've had periods where I haven't calorie counted, and I just can't do it- I emotionally eat to the extreme, I nearly put on 20 pounds throughout my entire exam season (only a month) as I couldn't resist cake/biscuits/take out etc.

But, when I'm counting I'm all in- or all out. I set myself to 1200 and I'm religious about it- I can't do it any other way. I freak out if my food scales aren't working, and EVERYTHING has to be weighed to the nearest gram. This is fine at home, I can normally control what goes into my meals as my other half has gotten fed up of cooking for me (I tend to 'watch' him, and have accused him in the past of slipping in an extra 10g of chicken etc stupidly).... But, outside I'm a mess.

I go into a panic when we're eating out: suddenly everything is numbers. That croissant- it instantly gets inflated to about 500 calories in my mind and I freak. I end up either having a panic attack, or just not eating a thing. If I haven't 'planned' what I'm going to eat I panic, and often if what I've made isn't what I deem 'worthy' of it's calorie count I just plain won't eat it. (A good example of this is we tried baking some pork belly- it's a MAJOR favourite of mine - but I burnt the top and instantly nope, panic mode- it's not going to be the right size, it's not worth the calories in my head and bam I won't eat a thing all night.)

>> No.5634892

>>5634887

But, you see, this wouldn't be so much of an issue if I didn't run. I run marathons, I regularly run a good 20 miles on a weekend quite happily: but it suffers. The other half has to make 600% sure (as in religiously) I've eaten a least a tiny bit more on 'run' days after I collapsed mid run just after Christmas. But, this goes further, because I just keep denying myself everything once every month or so, I just binge: which I guess is accurate, I'm starving- but I'll happily eat an entire chinese take out, brownies, ice cream- the lot, and then not eat a thing for the next two days as I'm too busy feeling sick/having acid burps/on the toilet.

Yes, my relationship with food is fucked. Fuck losing weight, at least when I was large I wasn't terrified of a doughnut.

>> No.5634947

>>5634887
Wow, this almost exactly describes my relationship with food. If I don't keep a food journal, it's like letting a dog loose at a buffet. Either I count everything down to the calorie, or I start putting on pounds. There's no middle ground.

>> No.5634953

>>5628891
binge eating, anorexia, bulimia, compulsive exercising, you name it and most likely i have had it.
I always feel hungry, all day every single day. I can eat until i am full to the point i could puke and feel hungry 5 minutes later.
What helps me with bing eating mostly is that i am so afraid of dying because of ruptured stomach, that is the only thing that can make me stop. I also keep only healthy foods at home so if it happens that i binge i can limit the damage. Just ate 4 cups of trail mix, i don't even know why.
Because i constantly feel hungry i count calories, otherwise i wouldn't know how much to eat.
On the bright side at 175cm and 60kg of mostly muscle I look really healthy and fit.

>> No.5634960

Anyone else obsessed with weighing themselves and seeing the number go down? I'm addicted to losing weight I think.

>> No.5634970

>>5634960
Yes, i weight myself every morning and i feel really horrible if i don't get the chance to.

>> No.5634971

>>5634960
tfw I only had a 2lb loss this week after doing a fuckload of exercise

Fuck my weakness to snacking, I thought I'd got over it.

>> No.5634975

>>5632315
There's counters like Cronometer where you input the entire recipe and then you just take your serve of it (ie. 1/5 pot of stew)

>> No.5634976

>>5632321
Fuck of you tumblrite enabler.

>> No.5634983

>>5634947

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been counting for?

What gets me is that I KNOW how to eat healthily, I do it every day, I just don't eat enough. I freaked out yesterday when I realised my salmon slice was 110g which would put dinner at about 420 calories instead of the usual 250ish.But yet the moment I stop counting everything I 'know' how to do on a daily basis stops: the oatmeal I normally have for breakfast gets swapped for toast + slathers of peanut butter, my normal salad lunch is swapped for a huge bready sandwich and then dinner can be even worse.

>> No.5634989

>>5633901
You could give it to someone else instead of being a waste. Then whoever you give it to is all like "dude this bitch must eat a lot of candy"

Or tell the person you have brittle enamel that aches like a bitch as soon as sugar hits it. I actually have this problem from grinding my teeth out of stress

>> No.5634993

>>5634983
On/off for about two years. I went down from 225 to 155, but I'm back up to 175. Eating less isn't problematic, and I'm never aggravated by hunger, I just get fed up having to count everything all the time. I'm off the wagon at the moment. I really need to suck it up.

>> No.5635232

Does apathy count? I guess I'd have anorexia. 5'9"
118lbs. But I'm very toned so my body is a fucking mess

>> No.5635802

I'm ultra violent

>> No.5636045
File: 12 KB, 273x329, anime slop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a type one diabetic, which means that my relationship to food is, by necessity, sort of complex.

...is what I thought, until I read through this thread. Holy crap.

>> No.5636054

At my lowest weight I was 99lbs or so on my short 5'6" frame.

I'm a guy btw, so this is even more horrendous looking than it would be on a girl. I was concentration camp mode. I didn't know how to eat properly, I restricted calories terribly...

These days I have a much healthier relationship with food and my weight stays around 120-125lbs. I work out more, I look better in general.

tl;dr used to have an eating disorder, but fuck that shit I'm not about to let anything control me

>> No.5636070
File: 66 KB, 358x275, 1392928299124.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't have an eating disorder but I do think I have seriously disordered eating.

I used to be overweight, but went vegan and dropped about 50 pounds into a normal weight range. I basically eat my feelings and now that I eat a normal diet again, it's easier to gain weight. I've been depressed off my ass forever, and I've always self-medicated with copious amounts of cheesy, starchy, fatty food. I'm trying my best to regulate calories and eat veggies again but as soon as I eat something "bad" I get upset and think the whole day is fucked and then go on a binge. Then I'll feel even WORSE and not eat the next day OR continue a binge until I finally regulate out again. I wish I wasn't such a control freak.

>> No.5636100

I'm a little orthorexic and also can't do much moderation. And I want to eat alone. People sometimes think something is very wrong with me because of that, but I just can't stand the munching, staring, and boredom when sitting at a table (the clattering of utensils, talking with full mouths, people swallowing food python-style if they, in the middle of chewing, decide they have something to say...). Sure, at a restaurant it's OK, but there (normally) people aren't just to eat, but to talk and drink. So in fact, I'ld much rather drink something good when socializing. Either eat, or socialize. My logic has never quite understood why eating is considered a social activity...

>> No.5636145
File: 4 KB, 209x200, 1405256368267.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5635232
>toned

>> No.5636166

Does ADHD count?

I have the annoying tendency to disregard food for hours at a time only to either scarf it all down in ten minutes in desperation and starvation or throw it out.

>> No.5636174

bipolar
sometimes i'll spend hours cooking and preparing elaborate dinners

sometimes i can go all day without eating

I suppose it's not too bad though. Sometimes eating gets in the way of something, and fasting once in a while is supposed to be good for you.

>> No.5637341

I thought I had problems. God damn opie sort yourself out