[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 48 KB, 507x406, cheesekgb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5537635 No.5537635 [Reply] [Original]

OK, I finally broke down and went to Chipotle a few nights ago.

First, here’s why it was my first visit: I swore I’d never give that place a penny after watching the owner/founder on a reality show a few years ago. He rubbed me the wrong way — that’s polite — and I swore I’d never contribute to his wealth. (Confession: I owned and operated a small restaurant at the time and part of my dislike was jealousy).

But my daughter was taken there by a babysitter and she likes it. But I still refused to go. But last Friday it was getting late and I figured I could endure one visit.

My burrito was good. It was NOT so good that I care whether I ever get another one. And $8 seemed steep. I won’t suggest it for dinner again.

Why not return? Because it was horribly uncomfortable. The industrial, dark feeling of the place was the first thing I noticed. I waited in line. I saw the very limited, almost terse menu. I watched customers in front of me choose and step right, choose and step right, like cattle … or prisoners. I felt nervous. I was scared I’d do something wrong. I was afraid I’d be yelled at. I had entered the Soup Nazi’s domain.

The girl behind the counter wasn’t Soup Nazi surly but the way the place is set up, I felt terrible pressure to order fast and get out of the way. Very assembly line-like. The girl asked three times what rice I wanted but I didn’t understand her because she was speaking so rapid-fire and building my burrito like a machine. Oh my God, she’s going to yell at me in front of all these people if I answer wrong, I thought each time I said “Excuse me?”

I know people love the place. I just don’t know why. It’s a burrito. Just a burrito.

>> No.5537644
File: 273 KB, 518x700, 1401490941231.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Did you get holocausted

>> No.5537653

>>5537635
Your story just adds to my list of the many reasons I'll never eat at Chipotle. And yeah, it's just a burrito, and (from what I hear) not a terribly good one, either.

>> No.5537729

>>5537635
OP is such a fucking socially awkward pussy. What are you? A black midget? Are you seriously this much of a pussy? Your post sounds like it came from a 13 year old wrist cutting cunt. If you're too poor to afford an 8 dollar dinner, just give up on life and kill yourself. The price of food will keep going up and you'll probably die of starvation because you're such a poor mistreated shit. Man up or shut up, bitch.

>> No.5537742
File: 2.89 MB, 290x154, hahyeah.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5537729
>says the walking, talking equivalent of a hemorrhoid.

>> No.5537748

>>5537742
good one. you think that up all by yourself or did your abusive little brother bully you into posting that? sure would hate to see what other comebacks you've got lined up for us.

>> No.5537751

>>5537635
Maybe you should make sure to bring a tub of crisco with you, that way it'll be easier to slide that crappy chipoltle burrito up your asshole.

Just sayin'

>> No.5537754

Oh my God, she’s going to yell at me in front of all these people if I answer wrong
The pussy is strong with this one...

>> No.5537763
File: 35 KB, 300x168, kosh-untitled.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5537754
Kosh need not understand the bullshit of yoda. He is young and will never understand.

>> No.5537764

>>5537748
I don't need "comebacks", the fact that I am in every way more intelligent, more stable, and certainly more likable than you is comfort enough for me. I'm having a good giggle at your overcompensation.

>> No.5537771

>>5537754
Kosh: The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

>> No.5537775

>>5537764
what a fucking loser...
>more likable
>intelligent
>giggle
just stop. I'm going to piss myself if you keep this up. Pansy manlets are not respected by anyone, especially people on this board. You are a coward and it shows. People are nice to you because nothing is worse than watching a grown man cry. You make me want to belittle you in front of your mother

>> No.5537786

>>5537775
Remember that the more greentexts that you make, the more respected you will be.

>> No.5537797

>>5537786
As long as I don't have a panic attack worrying about some teenage girl yelling at me or god forbid, speaking to me in front of other people, I think my respectometer surpasses yours by a mile, little man.

>> No.5537820

>>5537797
>>5537775
Right
>>5537635
>>5537786
Pussy

>> No.5537985

Are people really this rilled up over a fucking chain restaurant burrito?

Like, what the fuck? I've never seen such shitposting on /ck/. This is /b/ or /v/ tier shit; come one guys, you're better than this.

I'm not taking sides on this one, but you all seem to be attack OP over a fucking burrito, like holy shit you can not be serious?

>> No.5538012

>>5537985
havent posted here, but i too think OP is a retarded little girl. not over the FOOD, over his ATTITUDE

zomg i hope the girl at the counter doesnt yell at me. this place makes me have panic attacks. boo fucking hoo. order your fucking food, its not rocket science

>> No.5538014

>>5537763
>>5537771
Whoever you are, you have good taste.

>> No.5538019

>>5538012
Meh. So what.

I ate at a Chipotle's once, years ago before I ventured onto /ck/ and saw all the viral advertising bullshit that they post here. I didn't ever bother to go back. It's a fairly crappy, way overpriced burrito.

If I want disgusting fast-food Mexican slop, I'll go to Taco Bell. At least they don't pretend to be good.

>> No.5538026

>>5538019
this
Thanks for saving me the trouble of typing up pretty much the same thing, Anon.

>> No.5538039
File: 99 KB, 628x628, 91ed3930-0d46-4875-b03c-fd81d98f8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

personally I hate all of you and will never invite anyone to my not compensating for anything mansion to play with jet packs.

that being said, I don't like how freebird is overly hipster. the recruiting sticker on the front door had their poster boy; 90lb emo, gauge 00 in ears, greasy hair, and full sleeve tattoo making an artisan burrito. when I order, I get what's in the picture but they haven't even dropped put of highschool. and damn it I yelled at them and told them their mom is a slut before I requested carnitas and on the red tortilla.

Assholes

>> No.5538057

A chicken burrito is supposed to be $6.50 now. But it never comes out to 6.50 for me. Yesterday I was at a location I'd never been to before and it was $7.20. I wonder if it's because I get sour cream AND cheese, or if they just fudge it on purpose.

>> No.5538314

>>5537635
jesus christ OP, everything you're describing is just because Chipotle gets hugely backed up with enormous lines, and they have to get the food out super quick. It isn't very different than behind the scenes at a McDonalds or other fast food place, other than the fact you're watching every step of the way and you tell them what to do each step. The reason it feels "industrial" and why you're being "herded" is because they need to get your autistic ass out of the way for the 15 people behind you thinking "What is taking so long, who is this faggot that doesn't know how to order a burrito." The reason it feels like they're rushing you is because they're thinking "Holy shit I've been working for six hours and I have six more ahead of me and if this faggot doesn't spit out what he wants then the line will get backed up and my manager will pull me off to the side to bitch at me while the line gets EVEN MORE backed up, and I only make minimum wage fuck it I'm going to kill myself."

Do you want that, OP? Do you want the nice people making your burrito to fucking kill themselves just because you couldn't speak up about what you wanted on your goddamn burrito? Can you deal with their blood on your hands?

>> No.5538320

>>5537786
>respected
>posting on 4chan
it seems we all know these things are mutually exclusive except for you

no one is posting for respect, just posting because you are a retard

>> No.5538324

>>5538057
is tax about 10% where you live? do you know what tax is?

>> No.5538326
File: 115 KB, 900x666, literal strawman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUtnas5ScSE

Join Chipotle's quest for wholesome sustainable food by downloading their game and watching this animated short

>> No.5538371

>>5537775
>whatdidyoujustsayaboutmefaggot? blah blah blah

That is the worst shitposting faggotry to ever come out of faggot land. I bet you're underageb& and weigh less than 120 lbs. I'd take you over my knee and spank you like the child you are. You deserve to have your mother take your internet privileges away.

>> No.5538731

You guys are so gay.

>> No.5538765

>>5537635
Their tortillas suck a fat dick!!!

Get the bowls you fucking idiot
Best combo:
>chicken bowl
>brown rice
>mild sauce
>AND a half scoop of medium
>EXTRA lettuce
>cheese yes
>sour cream yes
>no guac

GET A FUCKING BAG OF CHIPS.

Mix that bowl around so the sauce is all covered.
Use the chips as a scoop!

Your life will never be the same.

>> No.5538866

>>5537635
>I know people love the place. I just don’t know why. It’s a burrito. Just a burrito.
A pile of fillers sans flavor. Perfect no-one complains!

>> No.5538869

>>5537635
>OK, I finally broke down and went to Chipotle a few nights ago.

Stopped reading there.

>> No.5538881

>>5537635
That industrial feel and mechanized order is part of why I like chipotle. When I walk in I may see, smell, and hear chicken roasting on the grill or see somebody making guacamole. The ingredients are in front of me and so it seems like there are no secrets. That is part of why I like 5 guys as well.

>> No.5538883

>>5538869
#rekt

So you missed the part where Chef Ramsay walks in and personally cooks OP a god tier burrito?

>> No.5538885

8$? They are like $6.50 here in the midwest

>> No.5538887

>>5537635
>I saw the very limited, almost terse menu. I watched customers in front of me choose and step right, choose and step right, like cattle … or prisoners. I felt nervous. I was scared I’d do something wrong. I was afraid I’d be yelled at. I had entered the Soup Nazi’s domain.
you are fucking weird

>> No.5538893

>>5537635
odd how its so expensive to cover the cost of all the chipotle wages but none of the workers can manage to keep customers from getting food poisoning

>> No.5538921

>>5538893
You are thinking of Moe's

>> No.5538930

>>5538893
chipotle needs to invest in infrastructure and up the price of their food to help start the beginning of the process of insuring that once everything gets settled nothing like that will happen unless of course unforeseeable problems arise unless of course more infrastructure is needed cuz of cousin " " needs a zero manual back breaking job hahaha

>> No.5539417

>>5537635
Barberitos is soo much better. It's only in the south tho.