[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 33 KB, 320x310, 1379912245698.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5505544 No.5505544[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What if you got done buying groceries and you saw a $0.05 charge per item on the receipt for the employees of the store. How would you feel if the store was clean, items kept stocked and fresh, and had cheerful helpful service? Would you be willing to pay $5 per 100 items to give the employees of the store a pay boost based on the performance of the store? All money totaled and issued based on hours worked, evenly distributed to all workers of that store.

Customer driven pay variable.

>> No.5505548

I'd be ok wit it if everything in the store was 5¢ cheaper.

>> No.5505550
File: 104 KB, 640x640, americabrah.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

id go get a plane ticket and go back to america

>> No.5506000

If the workers are earning this additional pay it shouldnt come from the customers pocket. We are there to be served and to generate revenue, not to take care of your employees.

That money needs to come from management and executive salaries, and profit margins, taking it from the consumer belittles the validity of marketplace exchange.

Low level wages shouldnt be considered trimmable overhead any more than executive salaries.

Fat chance of anything i jusf said tho because 'murrica

>> No.5506007

>>5505544
Only, and I mean ONLY if they have EVERY CHECKOUT LANE OPEN AND STAFFED AT ALL TIMES.

>> No.5506016

>>5505544
If I saw a separate charge on the receipt for the employees of the store, I'd go back to the store and punch the owner in the dick.

Or, possibly, politely request a refund and inform them I will never be back.

You roll that into the cost of every item you sell, like literally every other retailer on the planet.

That's the sort of republitard passive-aggressive shit that's causing 17,000 people to die this year of 100% preventable diseases. (Obamacare WOULD have saved those lives, if certain red states hadn't actively refused funding.)

>> No.5506068

>>5506000
>We are there to be served and to generate revenue
>not to take care of your employees

>be served, generate revenue
>take care of employees

what is the service industry?

I mean I get what you're saying, and sure, most executives and companies get WAY too much profit at the expense of both their employees and the consumers, but at the end of the day, money flows in from consumers either way.

>> No.5506072

>>5506007
thats a huge waste of money and resources and .05 an item wouldnt come close to covering the extra costs

>> No.5506131

>>5506016
>You roll that into the cost of every item you sell, like literally every other retailer on the planet.
This.
Or if you had to pay beforehand it would also be okay - people do this with costco/BJ's memberships.
Hiding additional fees until the end to make your products look artificially cheaper is a scam that only restaurants seem to be able to get away with.

>> No.5506170

>>5505544
I'd be fine if that was a "suggested tip" and the employees' pay was cut to $0 per hour. They can then work for tips. Yay!

>and I can smirk and refuse to tip. Yay!