[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 53 KB, 434x289, fat-man-sad-diet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5497906 No.5497906[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

/ck/ I feel like absolute shit and want to start eating healthier please help me

>> No.5497912

Go vegan :^)

>> No.5497930
File: 681 KB, 500x281, lardass.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

eat lots of vegetables

pic is what happens when you don't

>> No.5497959

Get some sort of baking pan to bake vegetables in. I have an old stoneware baking dish but you could use a regular metal one.

Find veggies you like.

Here's what I like:
>bell peppers
>zucchini
>brussel sprouts
>asparagus
>mushrooms
>onions
>garlic

I chop these up (not the asparagus obviously) and toss them in a mixing bowl with a little bit of olive oil, sea salt and pepper

Bake it in the oven at around 375 until desired doneness.

eat these with whatever you want to eat that night, but just give yourself a smaller portion of the main course than you would before.

Also exercise.

>> No.5497982

Pic related is a pretty good guideline. Just eat from the two inner circles.

Basically, you can't go wrong as long as you're eating mostly whole foods. Your diet should be highly vegetable based, most your meat should be wild-caught fish, lots of leafy greens and water, etc. Eating healthy is simple.

>> No.5498001
File: 1.14 MB, 992x967, 1397354483666.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5497982
forgot pic.

I personally started avoided all processed food, added sugar, dairy, simple carbs, etc. about 6 months ago and feel amazing. I feel well rested on 6 hours of sleep whereas I was always tired before, always in a much better mood, perfect complexion, never get headaches. It's just amazing.

>> No.5498019
File: 497 KB, 2000x1455, healing_foods_pyramid.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5497906
Get new folks to be around ... the old habits are hard to break practically impossible with those site and smells across the table.

>> No.5498050

If you're like me and don't like vegetables and that nasty stuff just eat light amounts of plainer food, like cook up some tofu, put it on some rice and beans, and add a bit of seasoning. Great stuff. Too much rice'll make you fat.

>> No.5498073
File: 25 KB, 460x276, little_bitch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5498050

What don't you like about vegetables? They don't taste like chicken fingers and french fries and cheese?

>> No.5498092

>Eat more fiber (vegetables, fruits, beans)
>Eat more fish
>Replace burgers and hot sandwiches with cold sandwiches

>> No.5498101

>>5497906
Stop eating meat.

Problem solved. Now fuck off, retard.

>> No.5498132

>>5498019
>dairy
>ever being part of a healthy diet

>> No.5498463

>>5498019
>>5498132
Most major educational/governmental groups will include dairy. Dairy is...alright for you, although it has it's own problems. The better the cows/goats are fed & treated, generally the better the product will be (less stress in the animal means better product).

A lot of people are thinking raw dairy may be a better choice then highly pasturized dairy (fats get burnt, bacteria that breaks the milk apart killed, enzymes destroyed). If you have a choice and the money, pick goat over cow as it's almost exactly the same as human milk.

On the whole of it, if you really enjoy dairy, try to intake the healthier kinds, along with less as you grow older.

>> No.5501461

bump

>> No.5503358

look for smaller goals instead of trying to go spartan like a faggot. you'll feel like shit and rebound within a couple months

for starters, don't drink anything except water. try to eat at least one serving of fruit a day - an apple, a banana, an orange or whatever. this is more about building discipline rather than actual diet revamp.
i've recently started keeping bags of mixed seeds, nuts and fruits close at hand. whenever i get bored or feel hungry, i start eating from that. it's a very healthy snack substitute.

finally, eat before you go shopping. this way, hunger won't affect what kind of decisions you make regarding what to eat during the week. you're far less likely to eat junk foods when hungry if you don't have the food on-hand and have to travel to get it. i don't have any statistics to back it up, though.