[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 2.75 MB, 4000x3000, IMG_0211.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5445307 No.5445307[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

To start off, I'm not good with cooking. Any success I have in the kitchen can be blamed on my knowledge of chemistry. Still, I try to make food now and then, and some times it doesn't even become charcoal. This time, I half-boiled some rice, and baked some turkey bits. I then put this in a high-walled frying pan with a large amount of chicken bullion. This was inspired by pilaf (a Mediterranean dish) and pork-fried rice.

Well, I added a bit too much bullion, which made it a bit too watery, so after it boiled down I baked it for a few minutes at 70 degrees Celsius. I also added a bit of paprika, chili, and onion powder. After trying some, I feel that something is missing, like it's an incomplete meal.

My challenge to you, dear /ck/, is to help me find out what I'm lacking. Pic related.

>> No.5445385

Well, I discussed it my fiancée (who is much better at cooking than I am), and we made some brown gravy. It made the food much better. She also told me to add cayenne and black pepper next time, as well as baking the piece of turkey whole instead so it doesn't get as dry.

>> No.5445389

These rice based meals are really hard to make right imo. If I were you I'd add a fuckton of garlic, some minced onions and maybe some peas or bell peppers to it. Also some sort of vinegar or lemon juice in case it needs just that little bit of sourness.

>> No.5445405

I'll try garlic and a bit of vinegar next time, thanks.

>> No.5445409
File: 21 KB, 300x195, sell-gold-bullion-776074.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5445307

>> No.5445429

>>5445307
what the fuck

are you actually following recipes or are you one of those special snowflakes who thinks that "real cooking" is "from the gut" and you have to do it all like the TV chefs do, with ingredients flying around and no measuring or timing whatsoever?

>> No.5445891

>>5445429
I've done it before with help from my fiancée (the better cook in our little family), so I thought it'd be okay this time too... Well, 'twasn't that simple. And I just can't ever find the recipe I want until after I want it.

>> No.5445904

it might taste better if you added some aromatics/veg, like chopped onions, garlic, carrots, celery, bell peppers etc

when it comes to planning a meal, having more than one colour is a good rule; say some green snow peas, red chillies, etc