[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 85 KB, 360x640, 20140501_183435.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5401735 No.5401735[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Sup /ck/ what dish do you make to impress people? Anything involving flame and flare in the preparation would be appreciated.

Pic related, I'm somewhat new to this.

>> No.5401745

that looks so bomb, i love onions on pizza. and that crust... mmmm

>> No.5401763
File: 107 KB, 677x381, 20140302_173519-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5401745
Thank you, its barbecue chicken with my first attempt at stuffed crust. This time around I've finalized my dough recipe and heat/cooking time.

Pic is another time I made pizza. Unfortunately before it was cooked. The Thai pizza got really good feedback.

>> No.5401794

Pepper steak.

2 ribeyes
Brandy (bourbon can be used in a pinch)
Salt&Pepper
Heavy Cream

Let your steaks come to room temp, if you choose to salt your steaks, do this ahead of time.
Apply salt and pepper immediately before cooking, rub it in.

In a pan on high, sear both steaks on both sides.
(If you have a side burner on your grill, use it. Unless you have a tall hood over your stove and a legit exhust fan, not a recirculator.)

After searing:
Add brandy, doesn't take a ton, it should pretty much start boiling instantly. Immediately set on fire, let alcohol burn off.

Finish cooking steaks to perfection.

Remove steaks, do not drain pan.

Add cream to pan (a few tablespoons will do) and deglaze the pan and you have your sauce.

Scant sauce is good sauce, don't overdo it with the cream otherwise it will not be very rich.

Pour/Spoon sauce onto steaks and watch your date's tastebuds have an orgasm.

>> No.5401805

>>5401794
Oh, almost forgot about the salad.

Get your salad bowl, add 1 tablespoon:
olive oil
red wine vinegar
grey poupon (get the name brand, it's worth it)

Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste (watch it on the pepper) I usually just put enough to cover the bottom of the bowl like I was putting it on food, heavier on salt, less dense on pepper.

I like to add about 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan (shaker cheese) at this point but it is not necessary, the dressing is plenty good without it, but I find it thickens it a little more so you don't end up with a puddle in the bottom of the bowl.

Mix ingredients with a fork in the bottom of your bowl.

Romaine heart, remove leaves, rinse, cut. Add to bowl, toss and serve

>> No.5401925

Fired Chicken from scratch, Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos, Hot wings, anything i like to make really cuz im such a good cook compared to most people.

>> No.5401973
File: 2.23 MB, 4320x2432, 083d0828-11d7-4ee8-b94f-260d7590b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I cook salmon with an ancho cumin glaze. with a blood orange vinaigrette salad

>> No.5402002

>>5401735

not really much flame or flare involved, but a really tasty dish which works well as a starting platter. pretty simple/cheap too despite how many ingredients there is.

Vietnamese Pork Salad

400-500g pork belly (or fillet), sliced 1/2 cm

Marinade:
1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp sesame oil
loads of cracked pepper (1tsp)

Salad:
1/2 packet (about 150g) rice vermicelli noodles
1/3 iceburg lettuce, finely sliced
1/2 cup Vietnamese mint, chopped
1/2 cup fresh coriander, torn
1/2 cup perilla/thai basil/normal basil
1 cucumber, julienne
1/2 cup cherry tomato, halved
2 tbsp chopped peanuts/cashews

Dressing:
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 long red chilli, chopped
juice of 1-2 limes

Place pork into a bowl, cover with marinade ingredients and set aside or 15 minutes while preparing salad.
Cook vermicelli noodles, rinse with cold water, cut a few times with scissors and spread on platter. Add lettuce, fresh herbs, cucumber and tomato. Set aside.
For dressing put vinegar, sugar and 1/4 water into small saucepan on medium heat until sugar devolves and reduce by half. Add rest of dressing ingredients, stir and set aside.
Heal fry pan on high heat and add meat, cooking until golden and sticky.
Place pork on top of salad, top with chopped nuts and dressing.

So delicious..

>> No.5402561
File: 923 KB, 1284x2553, 1356561630360.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this maybe
I never made it... yet
>yet

>> No.5402567

this >>5402561
I saved that one a long time ago and haven't tried it.

OP: pork medallions, apple slices & cream, all in the same skillet... so easy and recipes are readily available (IIRC I got mine by modifying one in Joy of Cooking)
yum

>> No.5402944

>>5402561
THis is literally what I posted above. Forgot about the butter in the pan, except I ignite the booze on top of the steaks and finish them off in the booze/butter/juicy goodness, then just add cream to make the sauce.

It comes out looking exactly the same

>> No.5402948

>>5402944
Another one I like to make is pork marsala. Same recipe with chicken is good too.

Pork tenderloin, hammer that shit out, same for chicken breasts if you go that route.

Or you can use veal, since the recipe I use is the veal marsala from the joy of cooking