[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 87 KB, 625x468, 1397080803310.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5346123 No.5346123[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I'm looking to start my own restaurant. I'll be small, serving mostly burgers and wings. I have the demographics planned out, the menu is almost done, and I know my recipes will kill for what I'm doing. I have a pretty good bar sense, but not great. I plan on taking some small business classes to help me fill the gaps on what I need to know. My question for you /ck/ is, has anyone else here started up a small restaurant? What were your starting cost? Any advice that will help me not run into unforseen problems? All advice is welcome and appreciated. This will be over the next few years, but I'm ready to start this and I want all /ck/ can give me. Don't think that if/when this place opens I won't put right on my door that /ck/ has helped me in the past. You have before and I want to see what you have to offer now.

>> No.5346133

>>5346123
parents ran a successful chinese restaurant a while back.

reduce starting cost by buying over a current business instead of trying to start your own. You can often add their equipment into the business buy over deal. Also less hassle in regards of getting an alcohol license (some states are really strict in their handing out of alcohol licenses).

mostly starting cost is going to be a) purchasing of equipment b) remodeling costs c) initial lease and deposit costs d) losing money the first year e)food costs/wastes.

Also, some other things to be weary about is making connections with where you'll be getting your food, and slowly figuring out when to be buying more of your food, and when to buy less.

>> No.5346146

>>5346123
you need to have a lot of money put back for operating costs etc. you cant really expect to start turning a profit from the moment you open the doors