[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 78 KB, 432x288, BattleBurners.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5344197 No.5344197[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

/ck/ I'm curious as to if there's any kind stupid petty bullshit that goes on in the cooking community

Like, are there rivalries between people who cook certain things? Do people who grill meat think bakers are cunts? Is it all regional beef, like the hatred that barbecue enthusiasts in different parts of America have for each other?

>> No.5344206

I'm not sure if it counts, but all the liquor stores around me are filled with assholes.

If you aren't:
a bum
an alcoholic
someone who knows exactly what they're looking for/what they want to drink
old
a beer chugging dudebro/middle aged 9-5
or a few other things you just get made fun of, almost directly to your face. It's pretty silly; I forgot harsh/rude people like this existed because it seems like such a shitty way to live/be a human.

>> No.5344211

>>5344197
>assuming that people that do different things just don't like each other

>hey bro i make cake
>thats cool i make cheese

okay whatever

>> No.5344226
File: 164 KB, 675x541, how to eat mushrooms.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5344197
eh, not really.
i mean, cooks/ chefs consider bakers to be something totally different, but i think the feeling is mutual, and its really true. totally different jobs, skills, and cultures. i wouldnt call it a rivalry though.

chefs/cooks tend to be pretty chummy. there is a lot of turnover in restaurants so after a while everyone knows eachother, at least second hand. plus, you cant go burning bridges. if you don't get along with the other chefs/cooks/servers in your market, who the hell are you going to drink with on Tuesday nights at 1am?

>> No.5344232

>>5344197
Yes we have this rivolry up inside of my kitchen up at the restaurant at where I work as a cook at. We hate the waiter and they hate us the cooks and we get in2 a big fight and they steal some of the FOOD!

we have a rivolry btween us the cook and the waiter.

>> No.5344236

>>5344197
everywhere ive worked theres been one between am and pm shits. esp stocking the line or prep up, cleaning etc

also always one again BOH and FOH

>> No.5344262
File: 267 KB, 550x763, IceCubeAtFirst.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5344236
eh yeah i forgot about that one.
morning crew/ nigh crew shit gets tense. i had this faggot drug addict gary that would leave me these insane tirade nasty grams about prep. yeah gary, the crew that staffs the fine dining kitchen is really worried about your fucking omelet prep and pilot boxes. hotel life was strange.

>> No.5344278

>>5344262
Down up at the restuarant station where I work myself at we had this rivolry with the day crew vs afternoon crew and GUESS WHO WON THE CONTEST? Ya, that's rite, AFTERNOON CREW WON THE RIVOLRY!

HAHaha that's just some of the examples of the crazy rivolry that goes on up inside of our kitchen up at where I work at.