[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 182 KB, 768x820, 1392740213257.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5298413 No.5298413[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Looking to get into some Whiskey, Bourbon and Moonshines. Any recommendations /ck/? I enjoy Four Roses and the New Holland Beer Barrel Bourbon. Moonshine wise, I've only ever had Midnight Moon 100 Proof and the Apple Pie variety and enjoyed both quite a bit.

Pic unrelated.

>> No.5298466

Those moonshines you listed aren't moonshines

>> No.5298478

Hah what a faggot.

>> No.5298514

You mean you want to try unaged corn whiskey, if it's not sold out of the bed of a truck it ain't moonshine. Don't buy the hype.

>> No.5298618

So I'm new to whisky. I've tried a few but they seem so varied.

I really don't seem to like Irish whiskey. I tried Jamesons and the taste just seems unappealing. Johnnie Walker Red didn't do it for me but I loved the smokiness of Black.

How does Bourbon differ? Whats a good entry-to-mid tier to try?

>> No.5298641

>>5298618
If you like smokiness go for highland park next time.
Bourbon is usually sweeter and has more of an oaky characteristic to it than Irish whisky or scotch. A really solid entry level bourbon is Elijah Craig 12 year. Cheaper and really fucking good. I prefer it over most top shelf bourbons actually.

>> No.5298643

>>5298514
This. "Moonshine" is unaged bourbon, more or less. It's being sold to people who are trying to be edgier because bourbon is too mainstream. Moonshine is under processed vodka, made out of that fruit yer cuzin stole from da stoah, sum yung pine cones an' a bit o dat corn meal ya snuck out da kitchen when yer wife/cousin weren't lookin', distilled in yer car radiator and poured straight into an empty milk jug on accounta we ain't got no filtahs round hyah.

>> No.5299622

with whisky there are only two options: laphraoig and lagavulin.