[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 75 KB, 316x208, 1294956637953.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5209500 No.5209500[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I've recently begun frying bacon up on a stainless steel pan, since I've yet to purchase a cast-iron one. Rather than just waste the bacon grease, I try to use it while cooking eggs.

The eggs are sticking.

Now, I realize that this shouldn't be a problem, but it is. I prefer my eggs sunny-side, and I do let the pan heat up until the grease just barely begins to smoke.

As far as taste goes, both the bacon and the eggs taste fine. The issue as I encounter it is purely one of aesthetics, as the eggs will end up completely shredded by the time I manage to pry them off of the pan.
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what it may be. Any help is appreciated, even though this may seem simple.

>> No.5209505

>>5209500
I've had this exact problem before, and the only thing I can say is because it's steel. Seriously, cast iron and teflon have no problems.

>> No.5209509

Save your grease for later cooking, get a ceramic/stoneware nonstick.

>> No.5209520

>>5209505

I suppose I'll have to move buying the cast iron skillet to number one on my list of priorities.

>>5209509

Is it really worth saving that minor amount of grease? We're talking what's produced from two or three strips, tops.

>> No.5209531

>>5209520
Depends how you cook it. I can render about a cup or so of grease from a pack of bacon. Goes a long way.

If you do it on low for about an hour and a half or more, flipping once, then you render all the fat out and are left with a crispy perfectly cooked bacon. Just strain through a single paper towel into a small container, keep it in the fridge, and you can live forever.

>> No.5209540

Scrape all that shit loose from the pan, the eggs are sticking to the bacon fond that is stuck to the pan. pour the grease off into a clean pan, problem solved yo

>> No.5209543

>>5209500
as a cast iron neckbeard let me just say this. my opinions are facts and while my cluelessness is only matched by my poverty, I also have the most free time and energy to develop extremely detailed opinions about my shitty choices.

having said that the steel is failing you because it is modern. they don't make em like they used to. as we all know steel means solid homogenous steel which conducts worse than iron. iron is in fact second to none. if you spend 6 hours a week obsessing over your cast iron it will almost be as nonstick as Teflon which makes you gay.

anyway throw out that newfangled steel which sticks like crazy because I can't actually cook, and read up on magnetite. you won't regret it good sir tips fedora.

>> No.5209567

>>5209543

Is this a /ck/ in-joke or something?

Whatever, thanks to everyone else I suppose.

>> No.5209573

Heat pan up, then add grease

>> No.5209580

>>5209567
It's just a butthurt teflon fag being a fag.