[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 111 KB, 275x363, 1-29-2014 4-09-45 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5148555 No.5148555 [Reply] [Original]

Some of the drivers had been stuck in their cars for nearly seven hours without any food or water. So the staff of the Chick-fil-A decided to lend a helping hand.

“We cooked several hundred sandwiches and stood out on both sides of 280 and handed out the sandwiches to anyone we could get to – as long as we had food to give out.”

The staffers braved the falling snow and ice, slipping and sliding, as they offered hot juicy chicken breasts tucked between two buttered buns. And Chick-fil-A refused to take a single penny for their sandwiches.

Why not make some extra money during the storm? It’s not like anyone could go to another restaurant. Chick-fil-A had a captive crowd of hungry customers. So why did they give away their food?

>“This company is based on taking care of people and loving people before you’re worried about money or profit,” Audrey told me. “We were just trying to follow the model that we’ve all worked under for so long and the model that we’ve come to love. There was really nothing else we could have done but try to help people any way we could.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/01/29/chick-fil-gives-free-food-to-motorists-stranded-in-southern-snowstorm/

>> No.5148562

>>5148555
>So why did they give away their food?
Because that kind of media for the paltry cost of a few hundred sandwiches is an amazing trade-off.

>> No.5148566

>Alabama snow impact by the numbers: 5 dead, 23 injured on roads, 3,500 students sheltered at schools

>The southern tip of Cullman County -- part of the heavier snowband that caused nightmarish travel problems in the Birmingham area -- got as much as 1.5 inches.

>as much as 1.5 inches

>1.5 inches

lol America

>> No.5148567

>>5148555
Dude you are retarded. You already gave yourself the answer to your question.

>> No.5148568

I'm sure they had to swear on the bible first before receiving any food

>> No.5148572

>foxnews

What, did they take a moment from their feud with fellow corporate entertainment network CNN to offer free advertising for an overtly Christian business?

>> No.5148576

>>5148568
In their defense, if they're right and you're wrong, then they're helping you two-fold. If you're right and they're wrong, it doesn't matter and you received free food.

>> No.5148577

>>5148555
I love Chick-fil-a so much. Ever since they started to hate on gays, I have started eating there even more.
All of my like minded brothers eat their as well.

>> No.5148579

>>5148576
>it doesn't matter because you got free fast food durrr
America.

>> No.5148584

>>5148562
This, whatever costs they accrued from donating their food will pale in comparison to the money and media attention they receive as a result. Plus they can respond to critics by saying "we donated thousands of dollars of food to stranded people".

It's basic marketing, anybody who thinks otherwise is naive.

>> No.5148585

>>5148568

I'm sure some faggot homo started screaming at them as they tried to hand out free food and comfort everyone stuck in a disaster.

"YOU FUCKING STRAIGHT HOMOBASHERS GO KILL YOURSELVES, WHAT HAVE YOU EVER DONE FOR MEEEEEE"

>> No.5148590

>>5148584
They still fed hundreds of people

>> No.5148595

>>5148590
So?

>> No.5148596

>>5148585
They did it for free advertisement. Dictators would love to have a country full of retards like you.

>wow, all this free bread and now a circus????

>> No.5148601

>>5148585
Welcome to 4chan, let alone the rest of America. People do something nice and everyone screams they actually did it for a selfish reason.

>> No.5148602

>>5148579
>help someone
>get attacked for a non-conflicting practice
>then get bashed for nationality
There's a reason this world deserves to burn.

>>5148585
Probably. The fact that people won't accept help without assuming some sort of ulterior motive, or refusing help because someone isn't doing it purely for altruism is disgusting.

>> No.5148608

>>5148602
>a fast food company handing out food and giving interviews and spreading their "good deed" to news outlets is altruism

Keep that head in the sand.

>> No.5148612

How can you be stranded by an inch of snow and some ice? Seriously?

>> No.5148618

>>5148608

Keep that dick in your ass.

>thinks this is pure propaganda
>probably nods in support when yet another news story about an isolated incident "proves" all of america hates gays

>> No.5148620
File: 60 KB, 480x182, toddyboy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>It’s no secret that Chick-fil-A was founded by a Christian family. And it’s no secret that they run their business on biblical values. What happened in Birmingham is an example of how those biblical values are played out.

What kind of reporter could write this without cringing?

>Todd Starnes

>> No.5148625

>>5148612
murrica

>> No.5148628

>>5148618
Todd Starnes wrote the story, a "reporter" whose career revolves around "War on Christianity" and other inflammatory garbage.

A company gives away $500 in product and gets a nice complementary media campaign in return.

Do you know who contacted Fox News about this story?

>> No.5148630

>>5148608
Why is your reading comprehension so fucked? The sentence I used the world "altruism" didn't even make direct reference to the establishment, and was a comprehensive criticism of people questioning, criticizing, or turning down acts of kindness. Do you have no concept of the word irony?

>> No.5148632

>>5148618
I'm not really that concerned about gays either way, but the fact that most Americans and legislature are against gay marriage because of pseudo-Christian reasoning is all the proof that is needed.

>> No.5148635

>>5148630
So your response to anon's comment about Chik-Fil-A had nothing to do with Chik-Fil-A?

Okay.

>> No.5148638

>>5148602
>>help someone
>>get attacked for a non-conflicting practice
>>then get bashed for nationality
>There's a reason this world deserves to burn.
Hahahahahahahahaha
1/11

>> No.5148642

>>5148628
Americans can't see anything but the small picture.
That is why they are so gullible.

>> No.5148644

>>5148555
I want this and the viral Wendy's ad to GO

>> No.5148646

>>5148642

Everything is a master plot by the government. I'm especially sick of the gay agenda and PC Police. They can't even see that they will lose their rights if they allow these faggot homos to take control of anything.

>> No.5148651

>>5148642
Pretty goddamned funny when you consider we're European immigrants, or the children of, supplemented with some Africans and Asians.

Europeans think they are somehow different than our glass house but can't see the insane corruption and manipulation at home.
That is why they are so gullible.

>> No.5148658

>>5148651
I'm American so I know this first hand.

>> No.5148659

>>5148566
I live in AL. It wasn't the snow that shut everything down so much as the ice. The governor and local and county officials didn't prepare anyone in the central part of the state, as they either didn't want to pay for it or just didn't think it was going to snow. As a result, no roads got salted, and after it snowed and froze the roads no one could get their kids, go home, etc. So, it's really the state's fault. Also, the local weathercasters said it wasn't going to snow.

Fuck Chick fil A. This is IRL viral marketing.

>> No.5148663

>>5148651
>Implying that when foreigners come to America from Europe they don't eventually come to hate and think that it's horrible and are appalled by the people.
6/10 though, I did respond and there are people who actually think like you do so yeah

>> No.5148666
File: 272 KB, 892x569, AL.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5148659

You southern states always get fucked up by snow.

Always.

>> No.5148674
File: 486 KB, 475x347, 1385577974252.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What's up with the anti-American shit ITT?
Why is this board so shitted up with nationalism and hatred of other countries? Literally every thread is "yuropoors hurr" "americunts hurp durr" seriously fuck yourselves. Not even the god damned topic you mongoloid fucks.

>> No.5148678
File: 363 KB, 923x600, america.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

LOL at all the libtards crying in this thread. You people just can't fathom that a God fearing, wholesome, conservative business would give food out of the warmness of their hearts. It's quite funny watching you heathens project you're selfishness unto this wonderful business. God Bless Chick-fil-A, and God Bless America.

>> No.5148683

>>5148595
Your that one autist that goes around these threads acting like he doesn't realize his own insanity aren't you?

Yeah. I know you.
Get fucked.

>> No.5148687

>>5148678
I know this a troll post, but I still have to applaud it.

Hopefully someone will soften those stone hearts.

>> No.5148689

>>5148659
>Fuck Chick fil A. This is IRL viral marketing.

Seriously, why is them providing a few sandwiches a problem? They tend to hand out food at any time like this, or just randomly. I've gotten many of those coupons for a free sandwich, and they also went around handing out food after the 2011 tornadoes here in parts of the state, among other restaurants and catering services that did the same.

I really doubt anyone would be buttblasted by this if this if it wasn't for the fact that Chick-fil-a ownership hadn't made comments about their religious beliefs in the past.

Personally I don't eat Chick-fil-a very often. I had it way too often as an undergrad and burned out on it, as anyone on the meal plan at Auburn has probably done the same thing. That said, why "Fuck Chick fil A"? Just don't eat there, and if you have no power but to succumb to any perceived marketing, then that is your own failing as a human being.

>> No.5148691

>>5148666
It's usually not that bad. It generally snows one day a year and work and school are canceled before anyone even gets there. Everyone just fucked up this year (saying Auburn, in the southwestern portion of AL, would get snow but Birmingham wouldn't). It's not the end of the world. I'll be off of school for three days.

>> No.5148709

>>5148689
>I really doubt anyone would be buttblasted by this if this if it wasn't for the fact that Chick-fil-a ownership hadn't made comments about their religious beliefs in the past

You are so god damned retarded and simple minded.

>> No.5148713

>>5148689
I wouldn't give a shit if it was Chick Fil A, Chipotle, Arby's, McDonald's, whatever. The principle is still the same. Chick fil A is doing this because:

-the people who get the food will feel good about Chick fil A's actions and will want to eat there after this snowpocalypse.
-the media reports it and makes Chick fil A seem like a good samaritan company.

I'm sure in the realm of fast food Chick fil A is one of the better companies to work for (which I would argue is a continuation of their marketing) and while giving away free food to stranded people is nice, it doesn't change the fact that all of their actions are for the dollar. Why tell the media? Why make it so known? I'm sure every other fast food place would have done the same if they could have.

I haven't been to Chick fil A in years (before the gay scandal). I have no plans to go back.

>> No.5148717

It's a company founded on Christian principles. Helping people in need is just the right thing to do. But wait, I'm on 4chan, and I should really be getting my fedora ready for tipping...

>> No.5148731

>>5148709
Thanks buddy, I like how you don't actually have a point and just threw out some insults. Keep up the good work, big guy.

>>5148713
Sure, business function by making money, no doubt about it.

>Why tell the media? Why make it so known?

It could have been "Django" or "Meadow" that contacted the media about the company handing out sandwiches, maybe it just made the rounds on social media sites. I saw no indication in the article that chick-fil-a contacted the author of the article about it. This is all speculation

>I'm sure every other fast food place would have done the same if they could have.

Yeah, maybe. Then would it also be marketing? Would you think "fuck Arby's!" if they handed out roast beef and someone wrote an article about it?

>> No.5148739

>>5148555
>This company is based on taking care of people and loving people before you’re worried about money or profit,”

top kek

>company has a long history of hating gays, niggers, Atheists, and Liberals, so fuck this shitstained cunt

>> No.5148742

>>5148562
I>>5148579
I>>5148596
>>5148620
>>5148642
>>5148713

>company keeps all their money and never gives any away
>HURR LOOK GREEDY BUSINESS THIS IS WHY THEY ARE EEEVVVIIILL
>company gives free food/money away
>THEYRE JUST DOING IT FOR ADVERTISEMENT THIS PROVES THAT THEY'RE EEEEVVVIIILLL

You just cant win with these fedora tippers.

>> No.5148750

What's wrong with a marketing campaign that gives out free food? Most companies have marketing and some way to spread the word. This one gives out free food. Why aren't you exploding with rage every time you see a commercial?

>> No.5148762

>>5148750

Because in many people's minds chick-fil-a represents white christian cis gendered conservative males, or in otherwords, everything that is fun to hate.

>> No.5148810
File: 20 KB, 350x292, 1343973536432.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5148555
pretty awesome. ive been a big fan of them since they went all anti-gay.

>> No.5148813

>>5148731
>Yeah, maybe. Then would it also be marketing? Would you think "fuck Arby's!" if they handed out roast beef and someone wrote an article about it?
Yes, that's what he just said. See, this is the problem, you are thick. Have you been in a chipotle thread on /ck/? Or any restaurant thread?

>> No.5148815

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juVw3_ys8FQ

>this is what buttpounders actually do

>> No.5148820

>>5148750
because it's shit fast food
notice how no one in this thread has complained about cfa's policies, yet people keep claiming that the reason people are upset is because of their policies. It's just that you're/they're/someone is advertising. And advertisements are annoying. And because the product is shit.

>> No.5148830

>>5148750
Because a lot of these hard left people lead very boring lives, and need to latch on to something to hate. If they aren't protesting something they feel hollow, so they make up issues to attack and pretend they are making a difference in the world.

>> No.5148835

>>5148813
Sure have, and if you actually think that it is viral marketers from chipotle or 711 or wherever that are making the threads, then I hate to inform you but you are thick one.

>> No.5148855

>>5148835
This is a problem you have. Someone writes something, and instead of reading it you just say things that don't make sense. Did I say that the other threads had marketers in them? No I did not. My analogy was that some people just don't like advertising at all. They don't like it when an anon posts anything about any restaurant. Like how anon said
>I wouldn't give a shit if it was Chick Fil A, Chipotle, Arby's, McDonald's, whatever.
and then you asked him "well what if one of those restaurants did it" after he had clearly stated he would have a problem with it
But still you are too thick to understand what is happening.

>> No.5148870

That was nice of them.

>>>/pol/

>> No.5148883
File: 28 KB, 700x525, 1270355510420.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This thread sucks.
Good on the chicken flippers for helping out some strung-out motorists, whatever their aim. As for those that seem to hate capitalism or the idea of self-interested actions producing positive externalities, please go shit somewhere else. I'm sure being closed every Sunday is great for business too.
But gays and furthermore, right?. So fuck 'em! Probably forced those poor fuckers out there on the icy streets at gunpoint!

Jesus, it's like some of you lost all perspective in your little persecution echo chambers. And the nationalists can go fuck off to /b/ where they belong.

/not southern
//not religious
///not even heterosexual
/and it's good fast food.

>> No.5148887

>>5148620
hes right the grammys were absolutely disgraceful. even the network that aired it was uncomfortable with the gay propaganda, and quickly cut away when the men started kissing eachother.

im gonna follow that dude on twitter. thanks for posting it!

btw, there was also a satanic ritual performed at the grammys this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDkx_fLcuD4

>> No.5148895

>>5148674
Sadly, college students are required to take courses that make them hate America and the people who built it. I'd guess 75% or more of the anti-American sentiment comes from Americans in the 18-25 age range. Luckily the brainwashing wears off after a few years in the real world...

>> No.5148898

>>5148742
You're delusional if you think corporations have your best interests in mind and not just trying to maximize profit. Stay in the dark though, anon.

>> No.5148904

>>5148815
Any updates on that faggot?

I remember when he got doxxed and then fired, but that was the last I heard about this faggot.

>> No.5148920

>>5148855

No, see you are the one too thick for a little bit of reading comprehension. Yes, he said

>I wouldn't give a shit if it was Chick Fil A, Chipotle, Arby's, McDonald's, whatever.

Now the fact is this could be interpreted two ways, one in which the comment suggests that he doesn't actually care which company does any sort of handing out food, fuck them regardless. Logically, that makes no sense. If that is your sentiment, I fear for your own mental health how a company handing out food is just wrong. Does it really chap your ass? Am I really "thick" for thinking it is not a bad thing for a company to hand out something for free in a situation like this?

Later in his post you will find:
>-the media reports it and makes Chick fil A seem like a good samaritan company.

If we are referring to the same company, it is a well known sort of "image" of their business that they tend to do things in a "good Samaritan" manner. In the wider context of "THIS WAS MARKETING" then it just doesn't carry the same meaning for them to do it as compared to Arby's, the image is different. Maybe he would say it doesn't matter, I don't know, but I do however think this particular restaurant gets the harsh criticisms for acts like this because of the image they have.

As far as your references to Chipotle threads, your analogy fucking sucked then because everyone I have been in has been "fuck this viral marketing, chipotle shills are in here". I haven't really seen advertising attacked in such a wider context. I can't tell if that is what you are suggesting, that you hate any action that might be construed as advertising, but if so then I really pity how fucking warped your mind is, or his mind as it may be that he was suggesting that. No shit I would be thick about it, it's a ludicrous mentality, I wouldn't expect any sane person to hold it or that it would come naturally to anyone.

>> No.5148927

>>5148566
Hey alaska here ill kick your dick in and pack your asshole shut with snow.

>> No.5148930
File: 247 KB, 498x501, 1390501067505.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5148815
Hahaha I remember this shitstorm.
>>5148904
I have no idea but yeah I'm glad that fag got fired.
Not even a fag because he's gay, he's a fag because he acts like a fag.

>I'll waste 20 min of my day to get a free water that cost Chick-Fil-A less than a penny and harass a minimum wage worker! That'll show them!

>> No.5148942

>>5148887
>All that consonance alliteration in the video.

>> No.5148953

>>5148883
Finally, a lone sane voice speaks.

>> No.5148965

>>5148566
1.5 inches.
1.5 inches.
What the fuck Alabama. If chicago gets one thats a fucking blessing.

>> No.5148970

> How can you be stranded by an inch of snow and some ice? Seriously?

- 1.5" is right about the point where cars start sliding

- no one in Alabama has any experience driving in snow

- transportation depts in Alabama don't typically keep snow plows and salt trucks ready to roll for that once-every-10-years snowfall.

- one bad accident can shut an entire highway down for hours, especially when its a fatality

>> No.5149001

GUYS BUT THE GAY PEOPLE
YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO LIKE CHIK FIL A BECAUSE WE GOTTA SAVE THE GAYS
STOP LIKING THINGS YOU H-
H-
H-
H-HOMPHOBES!!

>> No.5149020

>>5148555
except for the gays

>> No.5149026

>>5148555
>So why did they give away their food?
to look good, same reason countries deliver water and food to third world nations

>> No.5149053

>>5148577
So all you faggots go to eat Cock together? Except on Sundays right?

>> No.5149182

>>5148659
Ice is a part of life in many parts of the world.

Some ice storms are genuinely bad, but I have a feeling all the southern 'tards just don't understand about driving in poor, slippery conditions.

>> No.5149192

>>5148678
>libtards crying

Sorry bro, but the right-wing mentality is in decline.

With rising immigration, decline in the religious hold on the average person, globalization, and increasing level of education, people are becoming more and more liberal.

The right-wing are just becoming more polarized and rabid as a reaction to this. Their backs are against the wall and they know it.

In short, enjoy your last days Mr. Dinosaur.

>> No.5149194

>>5148887
>men kissing is gay propaganda
lol America. Don't look to closely, you'll get the gay!

Are you one of those "the jews are behind the gay agenda", "the illuminati are behind the gay agenda", or a pro-Israeli anti-gay conservative?

>> No.5149195

>>5149192

I try not to kick a man when he's down, but you're right.

>> No.5149198

>>5148895
>Sadly, college students are required to take courses that make them hate America and the people who built it.
Give an example of a college and such a course. Or is this just your "librul college agenda propaganda durrr" hunch?

>> No.5149201

>>5148646
>Everything is a master plot by the government. I'm especially sick of the gay agenda and PC Police
Why is gay marriage legal in many countries but not the America, which is apparently taken over by a "homo master plot"?

>tips tinfoil hat

>> No.5149203

>>5149194
>or a pro-Israeli anti-gay conservative?

There's such an animal?

Maybe I hang out with too many leftists, but where I'm from the standard pro-Israel line is "Israel has gay rights, therefore you must support apartheid"

>> No.5149205

>>5149203

There is such an animal in Massachusetts, at least from what I can tell.

>Oh I love Israel
>BURN IN HELL FAGGOTS
>ABORTIONS ARE SIIIIN! SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!
>But I <3 Israel

>> No.5149206

>>5149203
Most conservatives are obsessed with Israel and hate gays.

>> No.5149208

>>5149192
It's actually worse, for instance in programming / engineering. There are lot more people involved in it now so the overall skill level has gone down for actuals. Managers are even worse, managers used to know how to write, not so anymore, they have marketing and or business degrees so are pretty useless except for filling out TPS reports and spreadsheets. I have have to speak very slowly to them.

Plus there are a lot more managers, to up and justify high budgets, so most people are just approval middle manager types. They just approve what someone else has already approved and pass it up. Plus foreigners, those indians really are not good at writing code, but that helps keep me in business, I get to fix the problems that they created, and can more or less write my own contract for doing so.

If you can't read or speak English without your head bobbing to and fro, you can't be expected to read or write program and business specifications, but cheap and easy are the words of the day.

>> No.5149221

>>5149206
>2014
>still using liberal, conservative, progressive, etc as terms
>not understanding that you've been gamed

>> No.5149225
File: 68 KB, 1024x600, 1366141397083.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5148883
>tfw Chik-Fil-A threads will never simply talk about their delicious chicken sandwiches again
I came here to talk about food...

>> No.5149240

>>5149182
Why the fuck would southerners be adept at driving in conditions they have to drive in maybe once a decade? They don't have to deal with it like we do (assuming you're from the North)

>> No.5149252

>>5149240

I learned to drive in California and moved to the upper Midwest as an adult. You know how you avoid crashing when you first encounter snow and ice? Fucking slow down, and plan on changes of direction taking more space than they would in dry conditions.

It's not rocket science, and seeing pictures of the entire city of Atlanta being brought to its knees made me laugh loud enough to make my coworkers come running over to my desk.

>> No.5149266

>>5149252
This. I grew up in a southern state, and went to college in the north where it snowed buckets every winter, and sleeted like crazy. Know how many problems I had driving in it? NONE. What the holy fuck is wrong with the people in Atlanta?

>> No.5149306

I live in Mobile and we had 3 days of class cancelled. It's still pretty ice here.

I love how all the retards are "huurrrr durrr south ern stats so stoopid cnt drove n snow?!?!? XD"

Why would the state waste tax dollars preparing for something that happens once ever so many years.

>> No.5149317

>>5149306
>I live in mobile
>the retards

I chuckled sensibly

You people are stupid because you don't slow down. You think there's never ice covered roads in the north? Those trucks just magically drive in front of you at all times, and your tires never touch frozen water? No.

Slow. Down. Or don't, it's more funny that way.

>> No.5149328

>>5149317
>people that never see something should know exactly how to respond to it

>> No.5149330

>>5149266
>Family from up North
>Move down here because fuck shoveling snow and cost of living is lower
>Stepmom gets stuck in car for 11 hours

Fuck all you guys down here

>> No.5149334

>>5148930
>hes a fag

Didnt you hear him? He explicitly said he was NOT a homosexual towards the end of the video. Yea, ok, nobody asked if he was gay or not. But still, he told that random stranger that he is definitely NOT GAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juVw3_ys8FQ

>> No.5149339

the spicy chicken sandwich is GOAT

i could eat them all day erry day

>> No.5149341

>>5149328

Is it that confusing? Honestly?

You slow down when it rains, don't you?

>> No.5149350

>>5149221
I don't identify with any of those terms but they are suitable identifiers, because most of the population does.

>> No.5149355

>>5149240
>Why the fuck would southerners be adept at driving in conditions they have to drive in maybe once a decade?
It is called common sense. Ice is slippery. There is ice on the road.

Do you:
A) Keep driving like normal.
B) Slow down and avoid making abrupt movements.

>> No.5149359

>>5149341
Not really. Mobile is is always in the top 5 rainiest cities, so we're used to it.

I garuntee if the west like New Mexico was in a rain storm, they would shut down like we do for snow.

Stop begin a fucking idiot.

>> No.5149367
File: 313 KB, 300x182, 1384122623138.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5149359

>> No.5149368

>>5149359

If a city in New Mexico descended into anarchy because of a rainstorm, I'd laugh at them just the same. Why are you defending these people?

>> No.5149751

Frenchfag here. I heard of this company only only for being anty-fag from reading the Americunt interwebs.
They can distribute food to be heard on fox news as "good people", they are still homophobic fags and only have news on fuckink foxnews. Just as a reminder, this channel consider us anons bomb-planting terrorists, even on /ck/.

>> No.5149786

>>5149751
>anty

>> No.5149790

>>5149751
Your country is so irrelevant I'm not even going to bother picking apart your stupidity.

>> No.5149850

>>5149306
You go to South? Do I know you?

>> No.5149853

>>5149368
Look at the yankees with Sandy. Cat 1 hurricane is a 'superstorm'? Or when it hits 80 degrees and they all start having heat strokes and call it a heatwave lol. fucking yankee faggots.

>> No.5150283

>>5149751
They aren't anti-fag, one of their CEOs is anti-fag then Social Justice Warriors got all butthurt that someone has an opinion they didn't like and went to boycott all of their stores, then caused a big schism that is blown out of proportions by the shitty media, and gobbled up by asshats who love to generalize.

>> No.5150342

>>5149053
I especially enjoy it Sundays. Ah to be a neonazi living in an area where I can stomp a shit skin on every corner. Now that is living the dream.

>> No.5150345

>>5148584
>better not reward companies for doing good things because MONEY
Do you honestly not see how punishing a company for doing something good is retarded?

>> No.5150349
File: 904 KB, 240x228, damn_gooks.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

wait a minute... what the fuck is the actual story?

Did Chic Fila Corporate command this store to do this as a publicity stunt?

Did the manager of this one franchise decide to do it cause she's a bible freak?

Or did that store get pranked by a large order that got cancelled... later down in the story it states this:

> “I looked up and I’m like, what is he doing,” Dango told me. “He had a catering order and it got canceled, so he pulled over and started giving away food.”

So... this is the story as I got it so far. Some prank caller or really really old guy calls chick fila and orders 248 sandwiches. They start making the sandwiches, then the guy hangs up or dies and the order is cancelled. The Biblefreak manager doesn't want to waste food (commendable) so he tells everyone to give it away to the highway people.

THEN... he calls fox news and asks them to spin it as a semi-official Chick Fila stunt and gets the approval from corporate - saving his ass and taking initiative at the same time.

I think the fox news reporter should be fired, but I'd hire that bible lovin' manager for any job. He knows how to improvise.

>> No.5150495

>>5149853

Sandy physically wiped thousands of houses off the map. Literally removed from the surface of the earth, which, if that home has a person inside, kills the person.

Sandy filled immovable electrified underground subway tunnels with sea water which requires civil engineering experts and significant sums of money to deal with.

The only similarity is that both cases involved a populated area "not being prepared".

The way the East Coast would have prepared would have been to move thousands of structures, build sea walls at a cost of billions of dollars, retrofit an entire electric grid, use pneumatic plugs to seal the subway tunnels, physically evacuate tens of thousands of residents, and various other relatively complex projects.

Can you compare that to the amazingly complicated task of SLOWING THE FUCK DOWN?

Southerners are retards. News at 11.

>> No.5150547

>>5148965
1.5 inches of ice. Not snow. Plus, they dont have 40 snow plows ready to clear and drop ice at the drop of a har.

>> No.5150550

>>5150547

1.5 inches of ice is the same as .001 inches of ice. Ice is a solid. Furthermore, snow has the same effect as ice after a few cars have driven over it. Any amount of frozen water on the road will have the same effect, and the response is the same: drive slower.

>> No.5150574

>>5150349
the store also opened its doors on sunday to let anyone in who needed shelter and cooked free breakfast sandwiches for them, even though they're closed on sunday.

but yeah fuck these faggots right? I mean no one not no one does anything good for people in need anymore

>> No.5150579

>>5150495
So what? We've had that plenty of times down here in Texas.

>> No.5150596

>>5150579

Indeed, every few years a hurricane causes billions of dollars of damage in texas and manages to kill a bunch of people. A little different from slippery roads.

>> No.5150599

I think it's great since atheists have anal ruptures when it comes to helping others. Besides, atheism never worked for the USSR so why would it work now? Look how Western Europe is in social decline because of the immigrant refugees. They love pay high taxes on everything in cramped flats with nothing else to do

>> No.5150699
File: 105 KB, 458x432, 1368831455536.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

We all know what this is about

>> No.5150720

>>5150599
Normally I don't get bothered by what religious people say, they have their beliefs and are free to express them. Atheists are not adverse to helping their fellow man. There are countless atheistic and secular charities in existence for this purpose.

Sorry, I help others because I have compassion,and not because it tells me to in a mythology book.

>> No.5150730

>>5150495
This.

There is literally no comparison between an inch of snow and some ice and a fucking hurricane.

>> No.5150738

>>5150349
>“I looked up and I’m like, what is he doing,” Dango told me. “He had a catering order and it got canceled, so he pulled over and started giving away food.”

hahahahaha

People are naive as fuck, or just want an excuse to turn this into a "anti-gay Christians are great people" argument.

It isn't at all. It is about a business that had a few hundred sandwiches lying around and decided to give them away to stranded customers.

I bet the manager called corporate, who in turn called the local news outlet, and just waited for the free publicity.

>> No.5150745

The Chick-fil-a across from my store brings a duffle bag full of free chicken sandwiches and nuggets at least once a month. They're pretty cool in my book

>> No.5150776

>>5148555
>This company is based on taking care of people and loving people
I'm a bit hazy on how donating money to kill gays in africa is "taking care of" or "loving people"

>> No.5150786

>>5150776
>implying gays are people

>> No.5150848

>>5150720
Atheists supporting the atheism cause which has proven to be faulty with the USSR. It didn't work for them in fact this form of practice brings in degeneracy that ruins a culture.

>> No.5150866

Okay, who let /pol/ in?

>> No.5150869

>>5150786
>implying Neo-Nazis are people

>> No.5150873

>>5150866
>people don't march lockstep with muh views
>omg /pol/ invasion
Back to your reddit PC echo chamber, clown.

>> No.5150883

>>5148555
It's always funny watching the news when the South gets hit by a snowstorm. One inch of fucking snow and you retards act like you're trapped in your house and the world is ending. Not to mention your inability to drive in it.

>> No.5150886

>>5148659
>being mad his favorite athiest organization didn't dispense relief

>> No.5150892

>>5150873
You do realize this is a food and cooking image board, right?

Perhaps you should start your own blog and use your real name and actual credentials. That way people, whether they agree with your views or not, will respect the fact that you actually believe strongly in what you say, because you have the guts to attach your name to them.

But no, just use buzzwords and inflammatory catchphrases in a food and image board. You'll change the world, one anon at a time!

>> No.5150893
File: 9 KB, 250x250, 1391098416216.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5150873
>all this >implying
Last I checked, /pol/ was made up of conservatives, Neo-Nazis, extremist right-wingers, militant homophobes, and atheist bashers.

Lot of that in this thread.

>> No.5150909

>>5150892
>>5150893
>buttmad reddit users on 4chan can't get what they want no matter what sort of temper tantrum they pull

>> No.5150914

>>5150893
>Last I checked, /pol/ was made up of conservatives, Neo-Nazis, extremist right-wingers, militant homophobes, and atheist bashers.
So decent people are not allowed on /ck/ now?

>> No.5150918
File: 98 KB, 537x519, 1391098800445.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5150909
>implying I'm Reddit scum

Except I'm not. I have no idea how things even go down on that website.

>> No.5150920
File: 38 KB, 514x514, 1385693703006.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5150893
That's pretty much all of 4chan though. For better or for worse.

>> No.5150924

>>5150914
>Neo-Nazis
>decent people

Last I checked, advocating for the extermination of all peoples the Fuhrer doesn't like doesn't make you a decent person, it makes you a xenophobe. Not a desirable trait amongst civilized human beings.

>> No.5150925

>>5150909
But seriously, why would you think /ck/ is a proper outlet?

If you actually believe strongly in your /pol/ views, you would send signed letters to your government representatives and newspapers. You would start a blog and state your opinions IRL, without the comfort of anonymity.

You are just an immature young adult who spouts inflammatory remarks like a kid who learned curse words for the first time.

I've been on /ck/ for at least 6 years. /pol/ has always been a containment board. Maybe you should go back.

>> No.5150930

>>5150920
Nah, I've known 4chan to be a pretty liberal place. Sure, there's racism, but that's to be expected when you can get away with being anonymous (and a lot of it is facetious, though not all of it). I'mma need some statistics here, I refuse to believe that an image board comprising millions of people throughout the entire world can entirely be all those things.

>> No.5150934

>>5150920
Also, /pol/ is just all those things turned up to 20.

>> No.5150936

>>5149790
Go fuck yourself with French onion soup. (Ask >>>/d/ for how to.)

>>5150283
Oh, OK. Thanks for the info.
Well, OP still only quoted faux news, so I'll stick with my "boycott", since we don't even have them here, and I hate fast food anyway.

>> No.5150940

>>5150925
>I've been on /ck/ for at least 6 years. /pol/ has always been a containment board.
o rly?
/pol/ has?
Your nefagness is showing

>> No.5150943

>>5150930
You're right. There's some real assholes like you on 4chan. It makes things more interesting.

>> No.5150945

>>5150940
/new/, /pol/, same shit different pile.

>> No.5150953

>>5150943
Well, nice guys do finish last in the end...

>> No.5150960

>>5150930
>Nah, I've known 4chan to be a pretty liberal place. Sure, there's racism, but that's to be expected when you can get away with being anonymous (and a lot of it is facetious, though not all of it).
This sums it up. When you give immature, angry people an anonymous outlet they will undoubtedly make it a circle jerk of "nigger fuck shit pussy fuck bitches" kind of talk.

Being right-wing and racist is an edgy response to the current political climate, so they go that route.

It is annoying, but harmless and just an indicator of their maturity level and happiness. I just hope they aren't sitting in their dorm doing this. It's sad to think they are missing out on a lot of fun and experiences to vent on 4chan.

>> No.5150964

>>5150960
>I take my 4chans serious
And you worry about other people's happiness.
Neckbeards, nothing ever changes.

>> No.5150966

>>5149198
Any class about ethics, social justice or cultural anthropology. I am a bio Chem major and those types of classes are requirements for a "well rounded education." The people in those types of classes are brain dead people who rely on emotions to make their decisions and group think.

>> No.5150974
File: 54 KB, 600x398, 1391100023632.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is it just me or does this look absolutely APPETIZING.

I've never even been to chickfila or whatever it's called as I live in Oz.

But that scrumpled up, hot, ready-to-eat look looks way more appetising than the fake looking pictures it's advertised as.

>> No.5150975

>>5150964
How am I taking 4chan serious? Because I made observations and typed them out without saying lol, nigger, or autist/neckbeard/fedora?

Many people on 4chan are undergraduate students. When I was an undergrad, I had a lot of fun and new experiences. I simply stated I hope these angry kids aren't wasting their years as shut-ins on 4chan.

I must have hit a note with you.

>> No.5150980

>>5148596
Laughed hard. Good one.

>> No.5150982

Oh wow, since when was /ck/ a hugbox board?

>> No.5151006

>>5149266
>>5149252

>Snows in northern states
>Governments already have large staff and machinery to clean up and salt the roads

LOL SO EASY GUYS WHATS WRONG WITH YOU SOUTHERN STATES!?

>> No.5151016

>>5150974
LOL.
Did you smash that up yourself?
I have never gotten a sandwich from Chick Fil A that looked like that.

>> No.5151021

>>5150975
We get it, you're an ENLIGHTENED 4chan retard and you have impressed us with your wisdom.

>> No.5151023

>>5150982
Too many idiots in here thinking that people who see through Chick Fil A's viral marketing stunt are just hating on them because they are known for gay slander

>> No.5151025

>>5151016
>I've never even been to chickfila or whatever it's called as I live in Oz
Poke yourself in the eye.

>> No.5151031

>>5151023
Well if you read through the thread people in /ck/ really seem to think this is some reddit tier hugbox.

>> No.5151032

>>5151025
>But that scrumpled up, hot, ready-to-eat look looks way more appetising than the fake looking pictures it's advertised as.
Stab yourself in the eye

>> No.5151042

>hot juicy chicken breasts tucked between two buttered buns

ANYONE ELSE GET HORNY IN HERE? OR IS JUST ME?

>> No.5151045

>>5151032
>>I've never even been to chickfila or whatever it's called as I live in Oz
Fuck your mother in the eye

>> No.5151046 [DELETED] 
File: 74 KB, 661x481, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ITT

>> No.5151053
File: 779 KB, 500x500, 1386457023945.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.5151066
File: 1.50 MB, 230x172, 1376084509206.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5148689
Another Auburn fag here. I've switched from burning out on Chik-fil-A to treating myself to fresh sushi on occasion.

I just don't understand why people are so buttblasted about this. No other restaurant did or even thought to do it. They've consistently handed out food for free, sometimes for no reason at all and sometimes during hard times. At what point does it cease to be some marketing gimmick and start to be because it's the right thing to do? Because I feel Chick-fil-A has been past that point for a while now.

Enlightenment forbid that people do things out of the goodness of their hearts. Your fedoric wisdom will reveal these whiteknights for the jews they really are.

>> No.5151069

>>5151021
wow, he must have described you perfectly for all that butthurt you are venting out haha

>> No.5151073

>>5151066
>At what point does it cease to be some marketing gimmick and start to be because it's the right thing to do
When you call the media to tell them what you did.

Also
>buttblast
>fedoric

Can you express yourself without neckbeard catchphrases?

>> No.5151075

>>5151066
Leftists can't stand when good people do good things while they sit on their hands and spew their standard hate-filled vitriol.
My guess is that it reminds them too much of what they are.

>> No.5151082

>>5151073
>When you call the media to tell them what you did
[citation needed]

>> No.5151087

>>5151073
>stop calling me what I am
Take some pride in yourself at least, son. It's sad.

>> No.5151130
File: 264 KB, 782x546, ya.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5151066
Chik-fil-A is pretty good too.

>> No.5151133
File: 61 KB, 420x420, fuckthisthread.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5148555
>faux news

>> No.5151247

>>5151066
Fresh sushi? If they still sell it from the stand near CHICKEN GRILL! and that little convenience store in the student center, I had it once and thought it was shit lol. It could be better now though, or I just went on a bad day.

>> No.5151262

>>5151247
Not that one, they opened up a new place in the Village this semester. Some Japanese guy comes in and makes sushi right there in front of you. It's not half bad.

>> No.5151284

>>5151262
Shieet and they finished the new gym and had a decent football season. I left too soon.

>> No.5151326
File: 49 KB, 358x267, ........jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5148566
Mideast 'Murrica here. I can confirm that people regularly get completely fucking retarded on the roads as soon as theres a dusting of snow or the least bit of ice.
>I CAN'T CONTROL MY CAR, I BETTER DRIVE FASTER
Even when emergency stations and the news are saying "Its dangerous out there, stay home. We're serious." You still have dumbasses who go out for a nice little drive just to see how bad it really is, or that they're afraid that the $1,000 they spent on bread and milk yesterday is going to fucking vanish overnight and they'll go hungry.

>> No.5151340

>>5151326
>listening to newscasters telling you to stay home

lel

>> No.5151649

>>5151075
>good people do good things
A fast food franchise had sandwiches leftover from a catering event that was cancelled (presumably because of the weather).

It's safe to assume they weren't busy because of the weather and couldn't sell those sandwiches after an hour or so.

They decided to give them away, call the news channel, and reap the free PR.

Some people saw it for what it was. The right-wing crowd decided to turn it into an example of Christian-corporation-anti-gay altruism.

The author of the Fox News story has a career that revolves around War On Christianity fear-mongering.

All the pieces fit. I'm not sure why you, and others, refuse to look at it for what it actually is.

Instead, it is just left-vs-right-wing "hurrr fedora" from your end.

>> No.5151656

>>5151649
His point not only still stands but was actually strengthened by your tirade.

>> No.5151662

>>5151656
>tirade

You mean logically pointing out what happened?

Instead of attacking anonymous people on the internet, how about you read what I wrote and tell me how it is an example of altruism?

>> No.5151665

>>5151656
nah his point is demolished by the facts

>> No.5151667

>>5151662
Nah. We'd prefer if you bring your foaming mouth rhetoric back to you homo circle jerk.

>> No.5151670

>>5151649
I'm guessing you didn't read the part where they opened their doors on Sunday morning for stranded tourists, and cooked them free breakfast sandwiches (even though they are always closed sunday).

But yeah fuck those guys amiright!?

>> No.5151672

>>5151670
>tourists
fuck I meant motorists

>> No.5151675

say what you will about their ideals but chikfila is eldergod tier fast food, ive literally never had a bad meal from there

>> No.5151677

>>5151670
>implying homo loving, everyone else hating assholes can into reading

>> No.5151705

>>5151670
>>5151656
>>5151066

>He disagrees with my points
>F-f-f-fedorafag!

I get it. You're being edgy /pol/ fuckheads.

It was a PR stunt. Nothing more.
You wanna say it's altruism? Prove it. Walk into your nearest chikfila in tattered clothes, say you're homeless and haven't eaten in days, and ask for some food.

I'll wait. Post pics of the free shit or of your mugshot for when the cops get called on you.

>> No.5151706

>>5151675
>ive literally never had a bad meal from there

A good reason is because they are literally nazis when it comes to cleanliness and quality control. I worked there for about 2 years when I was a teenager in high school. Great job, but if you showed up with any scruff on your face other than a mustache (don't ask me why) you would be sent to the bathroom to shave. If you said a cuss word, even in the kitchen, you would be subject to possible termination. If you have 1 no-call no-show, you were fired.

That being said, the fries were only allowed to sit under the heat lamps for 5 minutes before being chucked, the chicken was only allowed to sit under the heat lamps/heat drawers for 20-30 minutes or so before going to storage for chicken sandwiches, and the tea urns were scrubbed viciously for 5-10 minutes at the end of everyday. No lie, I would have a shift manager that would smell the tea urns after I was done and if she could smell any tea (even around the gaskets/nozzles) I would need to rewash them.

That said, it was fun to work for. Good people, good atmosphere. My first task at the start of every shift was to cut and squeeze 4 large boxes of lemons for the lemonade. Yes their lemonade is squeezed fresh daily (or every other day). That shit was therapeutic

>> No.5151710

>>5151705
>Walk into your nearest chikfila in tattered clothes, say you're homeless and haven't eaten in days, and ask for some food.

Former chik-fil-a employee here. We've done that before. Quit being such a jaded prick you sound miserable.

>> No.5151713

>>5151705
>I have no idea what charity is therefore it doesn't exist
I get it. You're a selfish, self-important liberal asshole.

>> No.5151718

>>5151713
>He disagrees with me
>Better call him a liberal!

No. Just realistic enough to tell the difference between actual charity and a convenient way to get good media coverage.

I'm libertarian. Keep up with the projection though, makes you look super duper smart.

>> No.5151722

>>5151718
Correction: You're a selfish, self-important libertarian with an axe to grind against Christianity asshole.
Would you please regrade me, professor?

>> No.5151723

>>5151710
>Quit being such a jaded prick you sound miserable.

You sound like a teenager.

Welcome to the Planet Earth; get your shit and fuck off.

>> No.5151731

>>5151706
More fast food places should be like this.
Teaches kids professionalism in the workplace and good character.
It may be harsh, but its better than being served by a bunch of slack jawed, scruffy teens with hair falling in your tough, overcooked food as they scowl at you in comtempt because they had to work on a weekend.

>> No.5151733

>>5151722
>axe to grind against Christianity

And where, exactly, did I say that?

I simply love all you overly religious types. So quick to scream "YOU HAT MUH FREEDUMS AND RELIJUN"

Not even an atheist. Please project more, /pol/lack.

>> No.5151735

>>5151718

You have some terrible reasoning skills, probably why you are a libertarian. You could easily describe "actual charity" in the same way, people helping others to look good as individuals or part of an organization, serving their own vanities for some reward whether it be monetary or not.

But please, keep up condemning good deeds.

>> No.5151736

>>5151723
Let me get some bandages
I think I cut myself on your edge

>> No.5151744

>>5151723
No, I'm just a rationale adult who doesn't expect the worst from every person I meet.

>> No.5151746

>>5151731
>Teaches kids professionalism in the workplace and good character.

This is very true. The store I worked at was staffed with pretty much decent kids. No hooligans or slackers would stick around long. It was nice because everyone did their job without too much prodding.

>> No.5151747

Hates fags
Helps stranded motorists
Based chickfila

>> No.5151749

>>5151735
Lovely ad hominems, may I have more?

I never condemned them for what they did. But actually thinking they did what they did from the bottom of their "good, Christian, red blooded American hearts" is insanely naive.

And there is a difference between an actual charity you mongoloid. They make publicity so people will donate more money to the charity so the actual charity can give said money to the needy.

Chikfila will simply have more customers for the next few months.

>> No.5151750

>>5151747

Get the fuck off my board you thick headed bible-thumper.

>> No.5151753

>>5151749
You gonna cut yourself with all that edge, son.

>> No.5151758

>>5151736
>>5151753

>quick, I need to think of a clever and witty response!
>fuck, I can't think of anything because my brain is a void!
>I know! Ill call him edgy!

maximum kek ebin simply ebin 5/5 breddy gud
:^)

>> No.5151760

>>5151750
Your board? You fuck off degenerate.

>> No.5151766

>>5151760
>degenerate

fuck off back to /pol/

I didn't even know your kind needed to eat. Did you run out of young minorities to feast on?

>> No.5151767

>>5151749
You mean charities like Camp WinShape? A summer camp for underprivileged kids? One that is sponsored by...Chik-fil-a?

http://www.winshape.org/

source: I was a poor kid and was able to experience the summer camp, still have fond memories of it. Would never have been able to do a summer camp if it wasn't for them

but yeah fuck those guys!

>> No.5151771

>>5151766
Are you testy because you didn't take your antivirals today?
Pol doesn't have a monopoly on opinions about flaming faggots waving rainbow flags shaming people.

>> No.5151772

>>5151749
Certainly zher.

Your pessimistic view is clear. If believing that some people do good things because it is the right thing to do makes me naive, so be it.

Chick-fil-a also dabbles in other forms of philanthropy and works with non-profit organizations on top of being a successful restaurant chain, who are you to know that they want more people to donate and help out in whatever way they can.

As a company that presents themselves as having "Christian values", it is a possibility that they are attempting to lead by example. Of course I'm a naive fool, but a company can be a profitable business and help people at the same time.

>> No.5151780

>>5151767
Why would anyone, free or not, want to go to a summer camp? I've heard nothing but absolute horror stories from childhood friends about those places.

>> No.5151782

>>5151771
>flaming faggots
>degenerate

yeah, youre a /pol/tard alright.

only morons from that containment breach use those idiotic buzzwords so often.

>> No.5151795
File: 1.99 MB, 320x362, 1391087746016.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5151780
>meet new friends
>enjoy the wild outdoors
>hiking
>camping
>fishing
>rock climbing
>ropes courses
>friendly sports competitions amongst cabins/groups
>swimming in fresh springs
>learning how to talk to girls as a kid

Some of the shit we did.

I can see how if someone were autistic it might be intimidating. Of course I don't know about other camps, but this one was properly run.

The cool part was we never even heard the name "Chik-fil-a" mentioned at all. In fact even on the website you're hard pressed to find it.

I do remember one day for lunch we all got chicken sandwiches tho. It was the first one I ever had.
>mfw

>> No.5151807

>>5151782
I'm not seeing anything in your post proving them being wrong.

>> No.5151816

>>5151780
Dude summer camp ruled for me. Where the fuck did your friends go?

>> No.5151824
File: 33 KB, 184x184, ussc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5151816
Obviously not Space Camp!

>> No.5151831
File: 79 KB, 634x448, summercamp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5151816

>> No.5151837

that's awesome.

>> No.5151847
File: 2.73 MB, 2250x1346, 1353988950311.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5151831

>> No.5151864

>>5148555
Who cares about what a chain restaurant run by homophobes does? You know that this was a publicity stunt to advertise their backward views to the public while getting more undeserved sympathy. Shit-fil-a could of ended world hunger, cured cancer and aids, achieved world piece and I still wouldn't eat any of their food. I would have rather seen those drives starve and freeze to death that having them support this shitlord company afterwards.

>> No.5151868

>>5151831
haha

>> No.5151874
File: 89 KB, 407x405, 1390522859378.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5151864
Tell us more strong empowered womyn.

>> No.5151899

>>5151864

Who cares about what a 14 year old run by edginess does? You know that this was a publicity stunt to advertise his euphoric views to /ck/ while getting more undeserved rage. Faglord could HAVE ended ramen threads, cured vegans and NY style pizza, achieved never tipping and I still wouldn't read any of his threads. I would have rather seen those threads slow cook and brine to death than having them support this shitlord OP afterwards.

>> No.5151901

>>5149194
Promoting a mental illness responsible for the widespread spread of disease and sexual deviancy as something that should be acted upon is in fact propaganda.

>> No.5151904

>>5151874
Fuck off

>> No.5151924 [DELETED] 

>>5151904
I don't need feminism because my gender is a political statement.

>> No.5151930

>>5151904
I don't need feminism because my gender isn't a political statement

>> No.5151940
File: 305 KB, 1280x1024, 1369679977185.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5151904
Or what?

>> No.5152198

>Chik Fil A does something good
>faggots start yelling "But it doesn't count! They're going to benefit from it in the long run!"
Who cares? People got helped, no one was harmed by it. What's the fucking problem?

>> No.5152531

>>5151901
>being this retarded
>2012 + 2

>> No.5152544

>>5152198
>hurrrr sure they track our phone calls and emails, but they keep us safe

>> No.5152567

/ck/ is pretty heavily influenced by tumblr and reddit, so I'm not surprised to see "homophobe" buzzwords being thrown around here.

Fuck off back to your hugbox, hivemind scum.

>> No.5152590
File: 35 KB, 500x347, 1347214973566.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5152544
You're really going to compare a simple act of charity to wiretapping?

>> No.5152608

>>5152198
BECAUSE IT DEFEATS THE KINDNESS OF THE ACT. FUCK DID YOU NEVER TAKE AN ETHICS COURSE? ITS NOT CHARITY IF NOBODY IS WATCHINg.

>> No.5152615

>>5152608
So let me get this straight... I'm not allowed to do charity work if I benefit IN ANY WAY from it? My benefiting somehow removes any good that the act of charity produced?
Seems to me that a lot of hungry people got fed, and that's all there really is to it.

>> No.5152628

>>5152615
yes. if you're a boasting faggot just don't do it. if you actually cared you wouldn't seek attention.

>> No.5152636

>>5152628
Who says they were seeking attention? Chick-fil-A is a huge corporation, and an act like this will inevitably draw media attention. Should they have just let people go hungry because of that fact?

>> No.5152645

>>5152636
>reasoning with an idiot whose mind is already made

Why?

>> No.5152656

>>5152645
For fun, and to practice debate skills.

>> No.5152659

>>5148659
from birmingham here and i can say highway 280 is god awful traffic. i have gotten stuck for 25 minutes barely moving one mile at about 4 in the afternoon. the other issue is that alabama has no snow plows, sand trucks or salt trucks. no one even really knows what tire chains are or what they are used for and it is also CRAZY hilly. i'm now in a state where 8 in of snow is no big deal and unless you live in the country, you can go drive in it. that said, i still wouldn't drive in alabama with an inch and a half of snow on the roads. there it isn't enough of a need for them to justify being prepared for this kind of stuff anyways. its been three years since birmingham has had this issue.

>> No.5152668

>>5152636
>Who says they were seeking attention?
>Next sentence explains that they were seeking attention

NICE DEBATE SKILLS FAGGOT. Don't get too excited about your results at regionals.

>> No.5152676

>>5152668
Seeking attention and receiving attention are not the same thing. They received attention, yes, but what makes you think that was the main goal of their actions?

>> No.5152688

>>5152676
Also, you didn't address my final question. Should they have let people go hungry in order to avoid attention?

>> No.5152730

>>5150738
>500 sandwiches
>500 bored trapped people
>500 smart phones

Yes, of course chick fil a had to tell the news right?

Did anyone check cnn? I'm sure they are reporting it as well.

Grow up. Not everything is illuminati mind control.

>> No.5152735

>>5152668
>NICE DEBATE SKILLS FAGGOT. Don't get too excited about your results at regionals.
lol you win.

>>5152676
>They received attention, yes, but what makes you think that was the main goal of their actions?
Because businesses exist to make money, and good PR increases profit.

Do you think McDonald's spends billions of dollars in advertisements to get people to enjoy good food and have a fun time watching their cool commercials?

>> No.5152739

>>5152688
>Should they have let people go hungry in order to avoid attention?
Do Americans really "go hungry" after being in a car for two hours?

>> No.5152747

>>5148585
>mfw people during the chikafila gay riots kept calling some homeless guy reading a bible a faggot and gay, and stuff
>insulting them by using words that insult what you're supposedly rooting for

I can't even, these SJW people just want to fit into any group because no one wants their sorry asses.

>> No.5152748
File: 31 KB, 400x300, 1389603177773.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This thread gave me cancer.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

>> No.5152754

>>5152739
>Some of the drivers had been stuck in their cars for nearly seven hours without any food or water.
I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty fucking hungry after 7 hours of no food or drink. Not starving, but it would be shitty.
>>5152735
Fair point. I'll concede that this could have happened out of a manager's desire for publicity. Hungry people got free food, though, so what's the harm?

>> No.5152753

>>5152739
Yes.

>> No.5152758

>>5152753
All that sitting down must be tiring and work up an appetite.

>> No.5152755

>>5152739
Do no-Americans really think "up to 7 hours" and "two hours" are the same amount of time? Do you lack methods to keep time

>> No.5152764

>>5152758
The human body requires a certain amount of calories just to maintain regular functions. So yes, sitting down for upwards of 7 hours can cause you to become hungry.

>> No.5152765

>>5152748
FOXNEWS IMPORTANT INTERRUPTION:

>PROGRAMMING ALERT: RNC CHAIRMAN ON 'HANNITY' NOW TO DISCUSS DEMAND FOR MSNBC APOLOGY

>> No.5152768
File: 126 KB, 896x580, sugar-ads1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5148555
>Why not make some extra money during the storm? It’s not like anyone could go to another restaurant. Chick-fil-A had a captive crowd of hungry customers. So why did they give away their food?

That's some pretty shitty business logic the OP has.

>> No.5152769

>>5152755
How does someone become stranded on a highway because of 1" of snow and some ice?

lol Americans. If figured their survivalist obsession would help them out in actually situations of mediocre need.

>> No.5152778

>>5152769
Because they live in a place where it never fucking snows. There would be just as much confusion if it had happened in any other place with a similar climate, only you wouldn't care to talk about it because it wouldn't let you be all lolamerica

>> No.5152780

>>5152765
FOXNEWS IMPORTANT INTERRUPTION:
JUSTIN BEIBERS IS NOW IN JAIL!!!!!

>> No.5152781

>>5152769

Pretty simple really, If the roads become slick and the traffic backs up from collisions and running off the road and such, heavy traffic tends to stop moving, you can find plenty of news sources on the traffic itself. I'm not sure how much "survivalist" activities would have been appropriate on a highway in an urban area. Certainly they weren't dieing, they were just stuck in traffic. You are really going out of your way to be an absolute ass, it's a terrible way to be. Especially since you are drawing conclusions on a whole nationality. Does everyone in your country act exactly the same, have the same thoughts and actions, live the same life? Get fucked.

>> No.5152783

>>5152768
How is this about shitty business logic? Depending on who you ask in this thread, this is either about the kindness of the human heart or diabolically clever marketing.

>> No.5152784

>>5152688
they aren't doing it to feed anyone. they are doing it to increase their profits. if killing puppies generated profit you bet they would do that and plenty of it.

so saying that they did something "good" to "help hungry people" is jumping to a conclusion a little too quickly. feeding the hungry was merely something incidental to their goal.

the fact is when it comes to "doing good", motivation does matter. how can you really help someone if you are only helping yourself?

>> No.5152786

>>5152784
edit: next time helping yourself could involve something other than giving free sandwiches and could involve something horrible

>> No.5152788

>>5152769
Watching traffic in Texas is hilarious when it is raining. People do not know at all that they can't go from 60mph to 0mph in 5 feet on a wet road.

>> No.5152793

>>5152783
>How is this about shitty business logic?

You already stated the obvious of an obvious statement. Why even reply?

>> No.5152826
File: 12 KB, 200x199, sanic slow.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5152793
You're bringing up something that isn't being discussed. You even replied to OP, and that stopped a while ago. Just trying to make sure you're on the same page, bud, because you seem to be moving at a relatively slow velocity compared to the rest of the thread.

>> No.5152836

>>5152769

They believe if it snows you can shoot the clouds with your gun. If you ask them to explain how this will help, they will utter random nonsequiturs such as "muh founding fathers!" or "the constitution said so!"

if you ask them to explain further they will get angry and threaten to shoot you.

>> No.5152844

>>5152836
....wut

>> No.5152865

>>5148568
*Fedora tipping intensifies*

>> No.5152875

>>5152769
Well you see, when people wreck on busy highways, that tends to slow things down in even the best of conditions. When it's snowing in places it never snows, the roads are ice, and there's several multi-car pile ups, traffic tends to come to a stand still.

It's really not that hard if you take of your "lolamericunt" glasses.

>>5152836
Slow down on those paint chips

>> No.5152884

>>5152826
/quickreply

I don't give a shit enough to open the thread. Furfag.

>> No.5152901
File: 17 KB, 500x277, 2fast4u.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5152884
>/quickreply
>furfag
kek good one m8

>> No.5152909

>>5148898
Still, they do a good deed and all you can see is them doing it for more money. Maybe they did it just because it was the right thing to do?

>> No.5153011

>>5152608
So you're saying that those hungry people didn't get fed, because Chik Fil A benefited by feeding them?

>> No.5153031

ITT: If it was McDonalds handing out free burgers, no one here would be bitching this much.

*tap the cane, tip the cap, flourish the cloak*

>> No.5153040
File: 640 KB, 800x598, 528Ag.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5153031
The meme... It's, evolving...

>> No.5153063

>>5153031
True.
The only people who have a problem with it are liberals and homosexuals.
If it was literally ANY other restaurant, no one would give a single fuck.
Behold the tumblr/reddit generation.

>> No.5153078
File: 1.26 MB, 1638x1224, 1359277780226.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5153031
>>5153063
Obligatory

>> No.5153087

>>5153078
>mfw there is no Chic fila to boycott or support

The entire thing back fired on fags and liberals partially because of the locations of the franchises.

>herp derp some east coast faggot that cannot buy my product anyway is going to boycott my product

>> No.5153118

you shitty people really are multiplying. Poverty and the education system are making an entire generation of trailer park filth that's connected to the internet.

>> No.5153146

>>5153118
Yes, poverty connects people to the internet. I see the connection so clearly.

>> No.5153174

>>5153146
Not on your shitty dial-up you don't, trailer trash pleb.

>> No.5153196

>>5153087
It was even funnier than that. At my university there were some gays and faghags and such, tried to get support for a boycott, then tried to get Chic-Fil-A kicked out of the food court on campus... Yet they still ate there every fucking day.

>> No.5153200

>>5153196
Oh my God, UC?!

>> No.5153229

>>5153200
Nah, USA. Doubt it was an uncommon occurrence. But seriously though, fags seemed to love their food more than anyone.

>> No.5153244
File: 169 KB, 1024x1536, BeszRAuCEAAxbk-.jpg-large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5148555
fuck yea nice work CFA

im gonna get one of your sammiches next time i go out and do some fag bashing!

>> No.5153335

>>5153174
Your contradictions take another turn. Do I sense some projection about the whole "trailer park" aspect?

>> No.5153355

>>5153196
The whole thing reminds me of when that blonde girl from Heroes went down to Japan to protest dolphin killing. Needless to say, the fishermen were not convinced.

>> No.5153437

>>5148815

>I'm taking money from Chic-Fil-A by getting a free water.
>I'm a nice guy.
>I'm completely heterosexual.
>How do you live with yourself?

Wow, what a fucking faggot.

>> No.5153466

On a semi-related note

Christianity is a fuck tarded religion. All it does is cockblock you with their no sex before marriage shit, they teach you to self-hate because your mere existence is sinful, they teach you that seeking pleasure is wrong, and they pick and choose what parts to follow from their scripture so there isn't even any consistency or logic. Not to mention that most evangelical christians suck zionist cock - that alone should be enough to make you consider them an enemy.

With all that said, I'm not thrilled with flamboyant homosexuality either. But yeah, I'm not going to align myself with a group of self-hating retards just because I dislike a group of people.

>> No.5153608

Rednecks, hicks, rubes, and poor angry single white blue collar males, being obsessed with fast food again.

News at 11.

>> No.5153632

>>5153466
The bible is clear cut: it says that homosexuals are to be struck with stones until they are dead. It doesn't say to disallow them from marriage. It doesn't say to insult them. It doesn't say to deny them medical care or courtesy. It says to kill them. Any Christian who doesn't literally bash fags is hypocritical. Put your faith where your hands are and stone a homo to death.
Also, rape a bitch, pay her father money, then marry her if she refuses to accept kind advances and date you. If the bible is never wrong (as all Christians claim), then this is also perfectly okay. As is buying and selling children as slaves and sexual intercourse with 11-year olds.

>> No.5155737

`

>> No.5156099

>>5153608
I see you fags are still butthurt about your failed boycott, eh?

>> No.5156105

>>5153632
>as all christians claim
False.
But I do love seeing how upset people get over it.

>> No.5156153

>>5153632

Most Christians have no spiritual commitment to the old testament or apocrypha.

That just leaves the gospels, which is less than 1/3 of the bible, and doesn't have much in the way of actual rules.

Which is why it's weird that the Old Testament and apocrypha and their anachronistic rules are all anyone seems to talk about.

>> No.5156163

>>5148555
how many gay people do you think got free sandwiches?

>> No.5156252

>>5156163
maybe 2? what is your estimate?

>> No.5156892

>>5156099

Why would I boycott a restaurant that I've never even seen?

>> No.5156927

>>5156153
So if the old testament isn't valid, why do Christians insist on upholding its backwards views on homosexuality, other religions and public prayer (Jesus instructed that prayer was not to be done in public)?
Either way you cut it (old testament valid/not valid), Christians are wrong.

>> No.5156942

>>5156105
Well, they should, shouldn't they?
>all scripture is given by inspiration of God. 2 Timothy 3:16
Their own book tells them that their own book is given by inspiration of God, so either
a) the book is true because the people writing it were inspired of God to write it
b) the book is false because the people writing were not inspired of God to write it
c) parts of the book are false because the people who wrote those parts were not inspired of God to write it
d) parts of the book are false because those writing the book by inspiration of a God who is not infallible

So which parts are valid, which parts are not and how does one know validity from falsehood?

>> No.5157195

>>5156892
because it is easy, you dont have to do anything

>> No.5157200

>>5156927
The bible also tells them to love one another. Yet I see more hatred from Christians than any other group of poeple.

>> No.5157363

>they offered hot juicy chicken breasts tucked between two buttered buns.

Holy shit America. Way to turn your news into a fast food advert.

>> No.5157402

>>5156927
christians are stupid. Jesus told them they had to keep following the old laws. But then peter the corrupter was like "I had a dream where god showed me a man eating a pig. so we don't need to follow the rules anymore"

>> No.5157434

Jesus Christ, why does it matter so much?

The frozen motorist get free food,the company gets advertisement,and everyone walks away happy.

The only people I can see that are angry over this, is some other big business who didn't see this idea.

>> No.5157460

>>5152909
It's probably both. Frankly, it is a very smart business move for them. Additionally, it's a very kind thing to do. Sounds like a major win/win situation for everybody.

>> No.5157481

>>5152531
being this much of a good goy

>> No.5157489

>>5149192
>right wing
>in decline
You realize that right wing parties are becoming more popular each year in Europe, right?
And the reaction to the increasing liberalization is causing an upswing in right wing beliefs

>> No.5157494

>>5157489
>more shrill and insane means more popular

No, it's just that unemployed and marginals are becoming more vocal because of desperation and the unifying nature of the internet.

>> No.5157508

>>5157494
>more shrill
More votes doesn't mean more shrill and insane.
That literally means more popular, you mouthbreather.
And in the US, they may be more liberals now, but your love of abortion means there's a lot fewer of you being made. That, coupled with the growing distrust of higher and public education means that your're not going to have any replacements. Compare that with right-wing folk, that tend to have at least replacement rate amounts of children, and their love of schooling their kids themselves, means we win in the long game.

>> No.5157697

>>5157489
>europe
>relevant
in any case
>>>/pol/

>> No.5158120

Didn't Chick fil a give free lemonade to the gay protesters outside their stores when the liberals sperged out about them last year?