[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 680 KB, 2267x963, easttennesseee.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5061033 No.5061033 [Reply] [Original]

Raising Cane's or Zaxby's?
I prefer Zaxby's but I only have a Cane's within driving distance, so I have to settle. Cane's is still pretty good though

>> No.5061034

Never had Zaxby's, but have a Raising Cane's. Does Zaxby have good dipping sauces?

>> No.5061038

>>5061034
It's pretty much the same sauce. The remoulade-type sauce, but slightly more spicy. Chicken is less dry as well

>> No.5061040

>>5061038
there's probably some other sauces they have as well, but I stick to the "house" kind

>> No.5061068
File: 214 KB, 640x480, 7267865560_0a134e2ca3_z.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Zaxby's was pretty OK the one and only time I went, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there though. Maybe I had a fluke experience but my chicken was sort of dried out, not that hot, and seemed old. I don't remember the sauce.

Cane's is my fucking shit. I LOVE Cane's chicken its my favorite fast food. I haven't been all year because I swore I wouldn't eat there again until I got below 180 pounds. I've gotten below for a day or two but I'm still hovering and getting above 180 sometimes. Once I can sit below 180 for a full week its fucking going ON at Cane's.

Dat box dinner w coleslaw. I ask for an extra bread slice and make a sort of Canes chicken salad sandwich. Chicken strips, coleslaw, Canes sauce between two pieces of the awesome bread.

>> No.5061074

>>5061068
Fast food is too inconsistent to judge on one visit, Zaxby's is my favorite, the one near me always has the hottest, juiciest chicken. I like the breading, too.

I go to Chick-Fil-A more often, though, Zaxby's is too pricey and Chick Fil-A is near as good. I'm sure you haven't really had Chick-Fil-A, mall food court doesn't count, I'm guessing you're from the midwest.

>> No.5061081

>>5061074
Chick Fil A is all over the midwest though

>> No.5061088

>>5061081
Heh, I don't know, I lived in Ohio from 10 to 15 and I never saw one, except in a mall food court and it wasn't great. I guess my experience doesn't match reality.

I live in Atlanta now and Chick-Fil-A's are everywhere.

>> No.5061093

>living in the south
I really do wish we had some good fried chicken places around here though. KFC just doesn't cut it.
Also chick fil a doesn't count. They only do chicken sandwiches

>> No.5061096

>>5061093
it's a fringe benefit of living in the poorest region in america

>> No.5061100
File: 140 KB, 578x432, Axe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5061074
>midwest

FUCK no, I'm a Texan. I don't think we have Zaxby's in my state though, the one time I went was when I was in Alabama for some nascar race w my parents. For the record, Alabama really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was nice.

If I'm ever around a Zaxby's again I'm sure I'll re-try it out. I agree one visit isn't enough to judge an entire franchise. I just wasn't blown away. It was good enough but not memorable. I don't remember the pricing, mah folks paid for the meal.

Chick Fil-A is pretty awesome most of the time. As good as the fries are I really like their salad as an alternative side.

>> No.5061109

>>5061096
Just don't leave the city, I am northern Atlanta master race. Everyone is rich around me, even the people of color.

I hope I don't get raped by the metro people of color when it all collapses, though.

>> No.5061115

>>5061109
>southern cities
but it's like a worse version of the north, not to mention that you're missing out on hugeass yards

>> No.5061128

>>5061115
Hehe, I think you're right, even people I know that lived in Atlanta their whole life don't have the stereotypical southern accent.

One girl did in high school and she got made fun of for it.

>> No.5061394
File: 491 KB, 500x370, 1379287168914.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Zaxby's is my favorite fast food. I didn't care for it all that much the first few times when I got the chicken dipped in buffalo sauce, but then I tried the BBQ dip one time and I've gotten it every time since. It's fucking delicious.

>> No.5061410

God-tier Florida reporting in. I'm vaguely familiar with Zaxby's thanks to an FSU graduate I banged once upon a time. Haven't heard of the other one. From what I remember Zaxby's was alright, good sauces.

Maryland Fried chicken is pretty good. Chik-fil-a is the best major chain.

>> No.5061418

as far as fast food goes, canes is awesome. personally preferred it over Zaxbys but the Zaxbys on my campus didn't last very long so i only got to try it twice.

>> No.5061435

zaxbys

>> No.5061443

I have a Zaxby's and a Cane's close by, but the Zaxby's has been around longer. Zaxby's gets props for having wings in addition to fingers (and the wings are pretty good too), they also get props for their hot sauces actually being hot (nuclear has a nice kick, and the insane flavor is great). Zaxby's has better fries by about a billion lightyears compared to Cane's though. Same with the toast. Cane's fingers are hands down better, but I'll have to give it to Zaxby's for having a better sauce too. Cane's sauce, to me, seemed like Zax sauce with more lemon pepper and less worces...that sauce.

For me anyway, the past half a dozen times I've eaten at Zaxby's they have fucked up my order royally. I'm pretty pissed at them now, but before a few months ago it was a great location. Dunno what's going on that's made them fuck up so bad, but whatever.

>> No.5061479

>>5061443
>Same with the toast.

I'm no fan of Cane's, but fuck you! The bread is the best thing about Cane's. I only wish to go back, but my co-workers enjoy McDonald's to much.