[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 2.27 MB, 3264x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5002375 No.5002375[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What do you hate the most /ck/

I have a few
>when I first started to get in to cooking and I wanted to make something with fresh indgredients instead of canned or prepackaged my dad would always say it was a "huge mess"
Still pisses me off. He overcooks his meat too.

Pic related some red velvet crepes I made a few weeks after I started I get in to cooking

>> No.5002444

>Red food colouring

What the fuck.

>> No.5002449
File: 85 KB, 618x412, poptarts.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Whoa, what a huge mess! Try pic related next time, OP.

>> No.5002510

>>5002449
You have to admire that pure, modernist plating, and the way it reflects the minimalist glazing and clean, angular lines of the pastry itself. The vibrantly colored but sparsely adorned sugar accents really add a visual "pop" to the understated delicacy. OP has much to learn, starting with dishware selection.

>> No.5002537

>>5002510
>>5002449

From the thumbnail it looks like one misshapen pop tart with a line of mayo down the center.

>> No.5002544

>>5002375
That's a pretty fucking huge mess

>> No.5002615

op, got a recipe for those crepes? Messy or not, I think they'd get my girl's panties to drop.

>> No.5002646

hard to think of foods ( or people) i HATE. an ugly word. some things i hate... instant iced tea. sweet iced tea( from the south US and most places and ffamilies assume you want sweet tea even micky d or bk cornbread hush puppies or fritters are ok, but if I never see a cake of corn bread, will be ok. white wine or crersy greens. smoked oysters , lime jello and boiled carrots. thanks, got that off my chest. oh and excess garlic in every thing. a bit is ok. too much and you don't want to be a round me. I smell rank. sweating it out. and farting raw onions they don't like me . and ramps. I like them, they dislike me, sulpher dioxide i guess. I love a garlicy hot dog like hebrew national or nates, with raw onions. but seldom. better step back jack or open a window. fart city

>> No.5002654

white people that think the secret to italian food is drowning everything in olive oil
olive oil is overpowering as fuck

>> No.5002657
File: 88 KB, 193x200, reactionfacerub.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>making something that involves anything other than shoving a prepackaged meal into the oven/microwave
>in the middle of preparing it, still using ingredients out on the counter
>mom walks in and starts screaming about how I always make a terrible mess when I cook and how I'm not even good at it anyway so I shouldn't ruin her kitchen like that
>have to fight her off to keep her from throwing all the ingredients I need back into the fridge or the pantry
>it happens so often that I give up for a while and just grab a burger on the way to work
>she pulls up my checking account and shows me how many times I've eaten at fast food places over the week
>YOU'RE SO UNHEALTHY ANON WHY DON'T YOU MAKE FOOD AT HOME

>> No.5002672
File: 153 KB, 720x540, 1354811452645.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Neither of my parents understand how to cook or how to understand nutrition. I've given up even talking to them about it. My dad eats nothing but processed frozen & packaged foods, and drinks nothing but Pepsi. Whereas my mom (they're divorced) OCD-ly counts her calories, eats practically nothing, and sees nothing wrong with using things like Splenda "because, anon, if you'd read the studies, it's actually not bad for you at all"

>mfw

Also when people pronounce cilantro as sill-AN-tro.

>> No.5002679

>>5002672
>tfw both my parents are good cooks

>> No.5002687

>>5002679
My dad used to be, which is sad. But now I think his smoking has started effecting his sense of taste. Meat is pretty much the only thing he buys fresh now, and he over seasons it with the same blend of salt, pepper, garlic salt, season salt, and (if it's beef) Montreal steak seasoning. Every time.

>> No.5002716

>>5002657
Why does your mother have access to your checking account ???

>> No.5002733

>>5002716
She's a banker and I was stupid enough to let her talk me into setting up an account with her company. Upside: I never have to go to the bank any more or wait in line for anything; downside: she can see everything money-related I do.

>> No.5002745

>>5002672
Cor-ee-an-der

>> No.5003288

>>5002657
This, a million times. Let us hug through the internet, without manly back-patting.

The worst part is that I was the one who cleaned the stove range, inside the oven, and under the appliances. She would let it get horrifically crusty if I left it to her schedule, or went out of town for any reason. Don't even get me started about the coffee stains all over the inside of the microwave.

>> No.5003307

No offense, OP, but it seems (from that pic) that he might be right.
In fact, it may not even have to do with your ingredient choice as much as it does with your not fucking cleaning after yourself.

>> No.5003311

>>5002375
>>5002657
I'm in no doubt that both of you leave huge messes for your parents to cleam as you're too young/stupid/bone idle to do it properly yourselves.

>> No.5003360

>>5002375

Did you make that "crepe" with period blood? Because that is what it looks like.

>> No.5003408

Looks like a aborted fetus burrito.

I'd eat it

>> No.5004006

That crepe looks pretty tasty, but perhaps a little lighter on the food coloring next time? I've had success with fresh pomegranate juice for red and pink dyes in sweet food.

If that's just hershey's syrup, that's a little gross, but I would still eat it. Keep in mind that melting chocolate with a little boiling cream is an easy way to get your chocolate fix without an off-putting chemical aftertaste.

>> No.5004239

>>5002672
>>5002745
>sill-AN-tro
>Cor-ee-an-der
I've never heard these words said out loud, so I apparently don't know how to say them because that's how I pronounce both words. How are they supposed to be pronounced?

>> No.5004259

>>5002657
>mom walks in and starts screaming about how I always make a terrible mess when I cook and how I'm not even good at it anyway so I shouldn't ruin her kitchen like that
>living with your parents

>> No.5005500

When you eat a meal with a new friend, and learn that they despise vegetables or claim self-diagnosed gluten intolerance.

When your significant other soaks a seasoned cast-iron skillet.

When you return home for the holidays, and your stressed mother hovers at the edge of the kitchen, muttering incoherent irritation whenever you make noise.

When one bad lemon hidden near the bottom spoils most of the crate, and your boss did not let you refrigerate or wash them.

Knives on Teflon. Knives against any metal, slipping across their path with vicious quickness and uncanny, wavering drag. Screeching like shriven, weeping, ill-buried ghosts. Your central nervous system is molten lead. No, it is frozen nitrogen. To your peripheral nerves, now. Did you need them? No. I'll keep doing that, then, my good coworker.

How I hated him.

>> No.5005516

>>5005500
*snaps*

>> No.5005524

>>5005516
Oh, I actually kept a pretty decent game face on. He did it intentionally, and showing too much of my discomfort outwardly would have only encouraged it.

>> No.5005563

>>5005524
>Not too off topic
I've only fucked up one pan ever and it was my father's stainless steel. He never really disciplined me (as I never left my room so it was hard to do bad things) but he left the most scary passive aggressive note ever and I cried. The worst part is I just scratched it a bit, still usable not very noticeable. I still feel bad about it.

>> No.5005571

Hahaha, my dad would say the exact same thing. He really hated me cooking; one day he snapped and said cooking's for women. It got to the point where if I got out a simple ingredient (not a meal/leftovers) + a utensil, he would say "What are you cooking?" as if he had to evacuate to the nuclear bomb shelter

For example, every time I'd get a fucking peeler and carrot to eat, he'd ask what I was cooking.

>> No.5005589

> Picky eaters
I don't just mean people having likes or dislikes. I mean grown-ass adults saying "I don't eat vegetables" or living exclusively on frozen pizza or chicken nuggets. I've told stories about people I know like this before.

> Anal-retentive assholes getting elitist and uppity about their food
Gluten-free, vegan, organic, all-natural, GMO-free, hipster bullshit. Basically anyone who makes a big screaming deal about trendy food fads without actually having celiac or an allergy or whatever else.

> Eating with your mouth open, making disgusting sounds when you eat
SMACK SMACK SMACK SLUURRRPPP SPLFFF SUCK SMACK CHEW GLOP SMACK

> Not knowing how to handle utensils
Chopsticks are a big one, but the amount of grown men and women I have seen palming their knife and fork like a toddler and sawing their food messily apart is staggering

> People eating sushi in general
Cutting it apart, holding one chopstick in each hand and butchering the whole roll, grabbing things that aren't finger foods with their fingers, drowning a roll into soggy mush with soy sauce, biting a chunk out of a roll instead of eating the whole piece, etc etc

>> No.5005593

>>5005563
Oh, I was referring to the metal-against-metal horrorsound. My coworker was the worst.

Your father sounds like a piece of work! Was that unusual behavior from him?

>> No.5005601

>>5005593
When he came back from a tour in Afghanistan he started doing shit like that. Never like that before though.

>> No.5005650

>>5005601
That's a shame, sir. It really is. Internet hug?

>> No.5005691
File: 909 KB, 320x180, 1362607964118.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5005650 I guess...yes plz

>Stepsisters would always use forks when cooking with Teflon pans.
>One of them would stock pile dirty forks/knives/spoons in the sink and leave for days if not weeks. Bitched me out for leaving bowl I had let soak for a trip to a Aldis and back (30minutes).

>> No.5005731
File: 878 KB, 1536x2048, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5005589
I love watching people struggle with chopsticks, it's hilarious

>> No.5005733

>people licking their fingers clean instead of washing
BITCH YOU JUST MADE THEM 50X DIRTIER THAN THEY WERE BEFORE

>> No.5005777

>>5005733
What about those of who lick to get all the food, then clean with soap afterwards?

>> No.5005789

>>5005731

I'm usually torn between cringing and laughing

>> No.5005798

>>5005789
because everyone HAS TO know how to eat with chopsticks ?
goddamn you're retarded.

>> No.5005804

Steak cooked beyond medium rare. It shouldn't even be a question as to how you want your meat done if you want a steak that's cooked further than medium rare you are WRONG

>> No.5005809

>>5005731
>maximum weeaboo

>> No.5005851
File: 17 KB, 440x310, autism speaks.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5005804

>> No.5005852

>>5005809
I also think this is funny. People do not have to have this skill, but observing their attempts can be a bit like that youtube clip of a small dog attempting to bite a large balloon. Futile, ridiculous, and very silly.

>> No.5005868

>>5005798

Well if you're going out to eat food that involves using chopsticks I'd assume you would have the basic knowledge of how to use them.

Yes, watching someone barely be able to hold chopsticks, drop their shit all over the place, make a mangled mess of their food, and basically be a spazz is definitely funny, and definitely cringeworthy.

>> No.5005892

>>5005804
Beef jerky is better than all steaks.

Lrn2dealw/it.

>> No.5005902
File: 1.59 MB, 325x272, delmaster5.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5005500
>Knives on Teflon. Knives against any metal, slipping across their path with vicious quickness and uncanny, wavering drag. Screeching like shriven, weeping, ill-buried ghosts. Your central nervous system is molten lead. No, it is frozen nitrogen. To your peripheral nerves, now. Did you need them? No. I'll keep doing that, then, my good coworker.
>>5005589
>SMACK SMACK SMACK SLUURRRPPP SPLFFF SUCK SMACK CHEW GLOP SMACK

>tfw misophonia

>> No.5005909

>>5005777
Still pretty rude and unclean, but fine since they clean it off afterwards

>> No.5005912

>>5005868
>>5005852
>>5005809
>>5005798
>>5005731
>>5005589
people in japan don't use chopsticks with sushi... i'm not even a weeaboo and know that...

>> No.5005914

>>5004259
>not living in a multigenerational home
Why are Americans so wasteful and cold towards their kin?

>> No.5006023

>>5005902
You understand! (And like the best Master.)

>> No.5006028

>>5005912
I was referring to the general usage of chopsticks. If we must be specific, my personal favorite is watching attempts at eating rice. Especially rice that refuses to clump. Nobody gives in and uses a spoon or a fork like a sane man. They must be authentic! Three grains at a time, magnificent endurance justified!

It's slightly amusing, until it becomes really uncomfortable. Then it becomes hilarious! It's a bit like a Seth MacFarlane joke, only funny.

>> No.5006029

>>5005589
> Anal-retentive assholes getting elitist and uppity about their food

>> People eating sushi in general
>grabbing things that aren't finger foods with their fingers
>biting a chunk out of a roll instead of eating the whole piece
>etc etc

Mate you've gotta admit you are a faggot.

>> No.5006031

>>5005914
There's a reason why Japan has lowest birth rates in the world and more adult diapers than baby ones, lets put it that way.

>> No.5007030

>>5006029
We all have our weak spots I guess.

>> No.5007062

>>5005733
>>5005909

What if I'm eating sauce-covered wings or ribs? Do you still consider it impolite, especially if we're at a wing/BBQ joint?

>> No.5007752

I've been cooking several times at my parents house. They will shut off the oven, and turn off the stove if you are not right in front of it to tell them no. I've fucked up so many meals because of it. Just let the damn thing cook, it's cooking for a reason, don't shut it off!

>> No.5008225

>>5002733
Rip her authorization from that account, jesus. And move out as soon as you can afford it.

>> No.5008253

>>5002733
Just take out cash?

I second >>5008225
get the fuck away from that man.

>> No.5008317

>frozen food
Seriously, fuck this shit. Im not prepping here, why would I want anything in the freezer besides ice and icecream? Frozen vegetables are shit, frozen meat is even worse. Just get fresh meat, goddamn. you may go to the store more often but its way better. I HATE thawing out meat, i feel fucking retarded doing it, like its a waste of time and you have to do it in advance. So if you forget to put that chicken in the fridge before heading to work in the morning, you just fucked up and wont be ready to cook when you return home for dinner.

>other people complaining about how you cook
Oh are you using a silicone thing to make those scrambled eggs, no just use the plastic spatula. and why are you using a nonstick pan AND butter?

Fuck. Off.

People that claim they dont eat seafood or "spicy food" what in the fuck? So you just dont like food? My buddys gf is like that then recommened this chinese food for us to get when we were hung over and shit. It was the most bland bullshit Ive ever eaten and she was raving about it like its better than sex. While were all eating she mentions she doesnt like seafood. Oh. thats whats wrong with you. Youre fucking retarded and your taste buds dont work.

oh and people that are picky about onions. FUCK YOU, you fucking child.

>> No.5008365

Mine are

- Seasoning the food before trying it.
- SCRAPING THE FORK ACROSS YOUR TEETH MAKING THAT **SHIIIINK** SOUND. It sends me through the roof hearing it. It's like fingernails-down-chalkboard.
- Making food for everyone and having one person nose-up and not even try it. Disrespectful.
- Someone messing with my heat settings.
- Someone loudly announcing that the water is boiling.

This one is just me being hyper particular, fortunately it stopped happening years ago:

>Plate everything to look nice and presentable, prepping all plates to go out at once, then glancing over to see a family member helping themselves to plopping a side meant for a bowl or something right onto everything I just finished placing.

The instance I remember most was carefully arranging some chicken dish, and before I could finish it and send it out my dad came in and threw a heap of corn all over it. It rattled me more than it should have, I'm just very into plating my food all pretty. For a while I was banning people in the kitchen while I cooked, I played it with humor to not seem like such a bitch about it, explaining it to the tune of "I am a woman, the kitchen is my area, not yours."

>> No.5008387

>>5008365
You were making art! Your feelings weren't unreasonable at all.

>> No.5008388

>>5008317
>i hate it when people do things i dont like

>> No.5008390

>>5007062
Well it's still rude and unclean, but you're in a rude and unclean environment so who cares. Just don't think that your disgusting saliva is a suitable replacement for water.

>> No.5008394

>>5008388
Yes? Don't you?

>> No.5008396

>>5008394
Obviously

>> No.5008399

>>5008387

Yeah, since then, my rule has generally been "If I'm cooking tonight, then let me do it." Help is always appreciated though, anything that makes prep faster is very welcomed. Only one helper though, the kitchen is small and while two people working in there is no issue, a third person cramps it up and I get pissy, mostly because I can't be bumping into people while I'm holding a sharp knife or moving hot pans (another rule is we announce when we're behind someone, especially if food is in hand)

>> No.5008437

>>5002654

Italians are white you stupid fuck

>> No.5008495

>>5007752
Walk in on them watching TV and switch it off.
And take the remote,

>> No.5008500

I visit home every 2-3 weeks.

> Mother leaves dishes in the sink, washes some from top as she needs, never reaches the bottom. She drinks tea, just leaves the tea bags in the sink.
> They sink to the bottom.
> I smell the sink starts stinking. Decide to wash everything.
> After removing the bottom-most plane a layer of rotting, stinking black goo with teabag strings mixed in is revealed.
> Fighting nausea, I wash it off and scrub the sink to remove the black residue that seems to have rotten into the enamel. I confront my mother about it. She agrees to toss her tea bags in the waste bin.
> another visit, history repeats.

Luckily recently she read orchidae grow well on tea grounds so she started collecting the teabags in a plastic box. Still nasty but at least contained outside the dishes.

>> No.5008508

>>5008388
Fuck did you think this thread was about?

>> No.5008589

>>5002375
My pet peeve:
Lazy-ass OP who can't bother to rotate image upright before using it to start a thread.

>> No.5008690

>>5002375

your heart's in the right place, OP, but you need to lay off a bit on the gimmicks. your plate actually looks like a right mess

>> No.5009540

>>5008390
>Just don't think that your disgusting saliva is a suitable replacement for water.

But it is my saliva on my fingers while I eat my food. I can use whatever I want as a replacement for water, since I am the one who deems things acceptable for myself.

>> No.5009564

>>5009540
If I was your friend, I would often deem it unacceptable to shake your hand, then, and wince when you hand me objects.

>> No.5009585

>>5009564

The scenario is eating wings at a wing joint and licking your fingers. You would really have this sort of reaction?

I have confidence in my ability to make and keep friends. You, however, sound like someone who makes a big deal out of tiny things.

>> No.5009603

>>5009585
>You would really have this sort of reaction?

Depends on whether or not I saw you wash your hands before you touched the food, and again after eating/

>> No.5009630

>>5009540
Licking the sauce off your fingers is one thing, actually "cleaning" your fingers with saliva is another. That's gross and you didn't clean your fingers, even if you thought you did. What >>5009564 said, yes it is your saliva on your fingers after eating your food, but the moment you try to shake my hand, or pass the salt shaker, now it's not just yours. Now it's passing the grossness that you don't mind onto me. It's filthy.

>> No.5009643

>>5009564

intrudingotheranonreportingin.jpg

>implying that person will never wash their hands after eating, and leave bbq sauce, saliva ridden grease on their fingers for the rest of their lives.

I do exactly the same thing when I eat BBQ. and "clean" my fingers with my mouth because fuckyea dat bbq. but then i'm not a fucking tard and wash my hands before i do anything else.

>> No.5009658

> Fucking disgusting and unhealthy microwave shit.
> Bk
> my dad's cooking skills that is like a 3 y/o. He's 57, thinks he can take a nap in the middle of cooking food.
> grownass fucking people who can't cook food.
> people who only cooks freezed food purchased in a bag and then gets chocked that you don't, then imply that it's cheap their way.
> people who thinks ramen is cheaper to eat all month rather than vegetables

>> No.5009664

>>5009658
Cheaper their way**

>> No.5009666

Don't get me wrong, fresh vegetables is superior, but why such a harsh view on frozen? I get a big bag of frozen corn from Sam's Club and use it whenever I get hungry and don't want to go out

>> No.5009669

>>5009643
Ohoho, you are fortunate indeed then. I know at least 2 people who do just that. They eat, lick their fingers, and continue on no problem like their mouth is a sink that dispenses soap and clean water. They may wash their hands eventually, but not before touching all their belongings like nothing is wrong.

>> No.5009690

Not trying new food.

Fuck my picky boyfriend.

>here have this delicious dish I spent an hour making
>what's this green thing?
>It's zucinni
>It's a what?
>This tasty, green vegetable, sort of like-
>Nevermind, I don't want it
>Why not?
>Because I don't like it
>Have you ever tried it?
>Well, no, but I know I don't like it

Fuck, it's like this with everything

He won't eat fucking feta cheese because it looks "weird", he won't try oatmeal because "it looks like puke", he won't try ANY new vegetable because "he doesn't like it", he won't try any bean (no white beans, red beans, chickpeas, soy), he won't try any new fruit.

I love him to bits but I hate his eating habits.

And he will guilt-trip me into making boring food over and over again, all the time.

>Whachamaking?
>This and this
>Oh, but I won't eat that, I don't like it...
>Fine, you can have sandwiches today
>Why can't you just make chicken and potatoes?
>Because I want to eat this today
>But chicken and potatoes is also good!
>Yes it is, but we ate it three times this week, I want to have something else today
>You're doing this on purpose! You always cook something I won't eat just to be mean!

NO I JUST WANT TO EAT SPINACH ONCE A FUCKING MONTH

>> No.5009699

>>5009690

sounds like your boyfriend hasn't left high school. I was the same way when I was younger. hated onions, thought garlic was the most disgusting thing on the planet. Now it would be difficult for me to go an entire day without one/both of them.

But I still hate green beans. There will always be something a person just doesn't like no matter what lol

>> No.5009704

>>5009699
He's fucking 30 yo.

It's his family's fault, they ate the same thing over and over again. His mother hates cooking so it was easier for her to prepare easy, bland meals that required no effort.

I have to eat there from time to time when I'm visiting, it's terryfing.

>> No.5009733

>>5009704

then let me rephrase, sounds like your boyfriend hasn't left high school maturity-wise. sit him down and tell him to eat whatever the fuck you put on his plate or he cooks his own meals, after you cook yours of course.

Then again, I can understand wanting your significant other to be healthy instead of what would inevitably be him eating chicken and potatoes every night, talk to him and try to get him to man up and at least try some foods- like lemon chicken, he still gets his chicken, but can taste what a lemons tastes like, know what i'm saying? don't just give him a completely unknown dish, then work your way into different meals.

>> No.5009742

>>5009733
I do this, I've convinced him to try SOME stuff, or I just wouldn't tell him I'm adding some new vegetables to the stew. Most of the time if it's not as visible then he will eat it and like it.

But I've learned to be more assertive now, so it's 50/50 food I like and food he likes. If he doesn't want to try my food he can make himself a sandwich or scrambled eggs.

But it pisses me to no end, still. I just want to cook good stuff and enjoy it with him. It doesn't help he's thin as a twig, while eating mostly meat + carbs, and if he doesn't feel like making anything for supper he'll just eat a bag of chips and a bar of chocolate. He will ruin his health this way and probably die at 45.

>> No.5009757

>>5009690

I get you love him and all that, but he sounds like a really shitty person. Not because he's picky, but because he expects you to make food for him that you don't want to make. I'd flip my grill did that shit to me.

>> No.5009761

>>5009742

meat + carbs does not mean he will be a fatty, as you have pointed out he is a twig, it just isn't that black and white.

I had a room mate like that once, literally ate nothing but mcdonald's and chips/soda he bought at the store.

I can TOTALLY understand cooking a dish and then being told "no, I won't eat it" for no rational reason whatsoever.

in my situation I kept intentionally cooking amazingly smelling foods until my room mate eventually decided to try out what smelled so good in the oven, it was the thyme and rosemary on a whole bird chicken, when he finally realized how good the food was, he would always ask what's for dinner and when I'd be cooking, so he'd be sure to be home for it. Good lord that guy didn't even know how to bake a potato when he first moved in, he grew up in an extremely impoverished house that existed on fast/junk food.

>> No.5009778

>>5009761

I don't worry about him being a fatty, he has a great metabolism, but he's hardly getting any vitamins and other valuable nutrients in his food, this can't be good for you in the long run.

And see, your roomie was different, because my bf will ask what smells so good, I tell him that it's a quiche with chicken, cream, parmesan and spinach, and he will not try it even though he admits it smells amazing. Because there's spinach in it and he can see it.

>>5009757
Yeah, he's very egotistical.

>> No.5009857

>>5008365

> Seasoning food before trying it
This one gets me too. Whenever i see people dumping on salt or ketchup/A1 or dunking something in soy sauce before they've even put the first bite in their mouth, I just think of what a waste of effort it now is for whoever made the food.

> SCRAPING THE FORK AGAINST THEIR TEETH
Oh my fucking god I am with you on that jesus christ. Eardum-piercing shit fuck.

>> No.5009861

>>5009857
>SCRAPING THE FORK AGAINST THEIR TEETH
People do this?

>> No.5009874

>>5009690

Holy shit our fucking boyfriends are one and the same

> Won't eat anything even remotely resembling a vegetable
> Make dinners with steamed broccoli, roasted veg, caramalized carrots, etc etc
> Won't even attempt to try any of it
> "I don't like vegetables"
> "How do you know? You don't eat them. I know you don't eat them. You won't try them. You just DECIDED you don't like them."
> "I know I don't like them."
> Orders everything without vegetables
> Eats beef and rice AT LEAST once a day.
> Literally just white rice and plain beef.
> Is 24 years old

Outside of his eating habits he's amazing, but the moment food is involved he becomes a fucking 6-year-old, I swear to god.

>> No.5009882

>>5009874
Stop trying to force vegetables on him, then.
Problem solved.

>> No.5009884

>>5009874
At least I'm not the only one.

My boyfriend favourite side-dish is plain pasta with curry powder.

No sauce, nothing, just pasta boiled in water and sprinkled with curry powder.

He will also put salt and parmesan on most of the things without even trying.

>> No.5010474

>>5008365
>The fork bit
FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS.

Drives me up a wall and I feel like an autist bringing it up.

>> No.5010548

>>5009690
>>5009874
>>5009884

Nothing worse than a pack of passive-aggressive cunts who think cooking vegetables in EVOO!!! turns them into Julia Child cooking a 10 course french feast.

Be happy you have boyfriends in the first place, you deserve shit stuffed up your noses instead.

>> No.5010557

>>5009874
Then dump him. What's the problem?

>> No.5010592

>>5008317
>tfw I don't like spicy food because it just builds up a spicy aftertaste in my mouth and I can't taste anything
s-s-sorry anon

>> No.5010612

>>5009690
What >>5009757 said. And don't be a mother, be a partner. You're going to get walked all over. He never in his life would deserve the privilege to be rude to you.
That's not what being in a relationships about man.

Anyway.
>>5009874

Some people have a gene that makes veggies taste very bitter. You know... Supertasters.

>> No.5010627

>mfw these bfs mentioned in this thread were probably raped with vegetables as children, and now these gfs are forcing them to relive those moments with each dinner

>> No.5010657

>>5002375

wrap that shit up tight yo, unless you want the haters to actually have a point

>> No.5010660

>>5010612
Like I said, at the beggining of the relationship I wanted to be the perfect gf and I would cook same shit every day because he wanted, now I'm way more assertive.

And nah, I wouldn't say he's a supertaster. He's just, I dunno, a food racist.

>>5010627
No they weren't, I talked with his mother, she said they didn't give him vegetables because he said he didn't like them. Way fucking responsible.

Luckily he likes SOME of them, so it's not that bad.

>> No.5010734

People hating frozen food.

I mean frozen veg (and prawns are handy to keep frozen)
We always have have frozen peppers, onions, mushroooms, and various veg mix. A lot cheaper. Cooks straight from frozen.
Handy if it's going in soups, stews, stir frys or even on pizzas.

>> No.5010737

>>5010734
Yeah same here. I used to use entirely fresh vegetables all the time, but convoluted meals or stews would require an unreasonable amount of time chopping shit up.

I get frozen veggies alot, I get canned tomatos exclusively and I sometimes cheat and throw in canned beans when I don't want to make a large batch of them.

>> No.5010752

>>5009857
>>5010474

I'm glad someone else is driven crazy by it, I thought I was alone lol. I've known several people who drag the fork through their teeth, and all my life it makes me wanna crawl out of my skin. I usually try to be polite and let it go, but after a few times hearing it, I will usually leave the room. It makes me clench my jaw up so hard when I hear it, I grit it just imagining the sensation of doing it, which I've only accidentally done a few times and can't understand doing it repeatedly.

>> No.5010755

>>5010737
OP here
yeah I only used fresh also.
But for some things you cant tell a discernable difference

>> No.5011052

>>5010752
It's the exact same issue for me with metal-against-metal noises. People wouldn't consider themselves strange for asking us to stop scratching chalkboards, right? I ask politely, and any awkwardness in the situation usually stems from how I address the issue. Generally, they apologize and it doesn't happen again.

As far as the vegetable/boyfriend war wages, I think that it's important to care about your loved ones! Sometimes, this means making sure that they don't fuck up their health. It's hard to do this in a straightforward way without being bitchy, and passive aggression is right out, but the end result is important. You don't have to be Julia Child, >>5010548, but you can be someone who has a basic understanding of balanced food groups. I am making assumptions that the proffered vegetables are cooked correctly, as this is a cooking board.

>> No.5011054

>>5010734
Frozen veggies are fine for the sorts of things you listed, but served plain and steamed is gross. I prefer fresh peppers and musrooms though, I find if they're frozen they stay kind of dry and rubbery unlike brocolli, carrots, and peas

>> No.5012512
File: 7 KB, 275x183, indeks.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

DON'T DIE ON ME THREAD YOU WERE INTERESTING

>> No.5012948

>>5005589
>I don't just mean people having likes or dislikes. I mean grown-ass adults saying "I don't eat vegetables" or living exclusively on frozen pizza or chicken nuggets.

This drives me CRAZY. I was at a Christmas party for my old job one time, and one of the dishes served was roast potatoes and apples. It was delicious. However, one of my coworkers apparently doesn't eat fruit. At all. So when she took a bite of what she thought was just potatoes and discovered there was an apple in there, she literally got up form the table and went to go spit it out in the bathroom. This woman is in her forties.

>> No.5012995

>>5005500
>When your significant other soaks a seasoned cast-iron skillet

I wanted to cook steak with my homeboy (because he wouldn't let me eat it raw). I grab the cast iron grill pan/griddle. Rust. Rust everywhere, from where he put his wet dishes to dry. Him: It's fine.
Rusty steak.

>> No.5013064

>>5002375
What the fuck, did you even sieve that icing sugar? It's all clumped up and shit. Your crepe isn't wrapped tightly enough and your plate is dumb as heck...

>> No.5013121

>>5002375
Why does everyone keep calling that a crepe? It's a cannoli.

>> No.5013249

>>5002657
mabey if you cleaned up before being told for tthe tenth time

>> No.5013327

>>5009690
gaynon or anonette, dump that fucker. I can't stand people that trashy

>> No.5013334

>>5002672
>nothing wrong with using things like Splenda
well there really isn't (unless you're talking about flavor)

>> No.5013339

>>5005691
You can use knives on silicon pans right?

>> No.5013345

>>5009658
I think ramen is cheaper though.

But dear god is it painful

>> No.5013424
File: 101 KB, 672x960, 1385690037098 copy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My parents drink pepsi with everything. Not a lot, but they never have water with meals. If it's not pepsi, it's milk. They also hardly ever consume any kind of alcohol. Not really a complaint, but weird.

When I cook for my SO's parents, they hover around in an already tiny kitchen to micromanage even though neither know wtf they're talking about. The dad just can't cook and does it to annoy you. The mom claims to cook but doesn't know what she's doing.

Speaking of her, after every meal, no matter how dried out or flavorless her dish was, she congratulates herself for "another dinner well done". In the rare case the food is actually decent, she'll congratulate herself the entire dinner.

>We also teach her how to make her shitty attempts at food much better without much effort. In a few short months, she'll begin following our method and then proclaim she's been cooking it that way forever!

My friends are babies about eating Tomatoes and Onions. They have to be a certain kind, in a certain way, in a certain texture. I can understand a lot of aversions, but these are ball-busting.

>> No.5013586

>>5005589
> People eating sushi in general
I work at a sushi restaurant, and 60% of our costumers is fucking retards when it comes to eating:
>"Can I have a knife and fork? I can't bite this piece over!"
>"This soya is too salty! And it definitely has nothing to do with me leaving the piece in a full bowl, soaking up every drop"
>"I love sushi!" and then proceed to order nothing but ebi tempura rolls

>> No.5013700

>>5013586
I feel you on the other points but chopsticks are pretty hard to master, and I 've seen enough asians eating with a spoon and knife not to mind about the cultural differences in eating manners as long as you're open-minded and respect the chef.

>> No.5013775

>>5010660
>I wouldn't say he's a supertaster. He's just, I dunno, a food racist.

Now I know what to call those picky fucks that pretend to be supertasters.

>> No.5013814

At work:
>people who touch and move and rattle my fucking tip jar
Not sure why people feel compelled to do this, but like every fourth customer does.

>people who won't just tell me the ketchup's out
>umm, do you guise have any ketchup in packets?
>nah, we just have it out there in the lobby dispenser
>oh, well umm, it's out
WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU SAY SO?

>people who stare at me when I'm in the kitchen like that's going to make their food cook faster
We're actually pretty damn efficiant, but we obviously can't serve you your shit raw. Fuck McDonald's for making people expect 30 second service times everywhere that serves burgers and fries.

Other stuff:
>bland-ass sides
My mom does this all the time. She'll make a great entree, then microwave some frozen veggies to go with it.

>momscience
My mom's already skinny as fuck, but she's still always going on some random diet. Thinks any kind of beef is automatically bad for you, even though she'll still eat a little bit of it.

>people who are actually pretty open-minded eaters but still find one common ingredient to be autistic about
I'd rather have to deal with someone who just eats chicken nugger than have to work around something minor like that. Ex-gf would eat anything except peppers. Loved lots of dishes that traditionally have peppers, as long as there were no fucking peppers. Really cramped my style.

>> No.5013822

>>5005912

...they do though? Maybe not at high-class places, wouldn't know because I don't each sushi at places like that, but 90% of normal Japanese people eat sushi with chopsticks. Sometimes they even, GASP, mix wasabi into their soy sauce,

>> No.5013871

I can pretty much be fine with a lot of stuff like plating and all that. Even people in the kitchen when I'm cooking doesn't really bother me unless they are floundering in my way.

I absolutely cannot stand someone smacking their food and making animal noises. Whenever my grandmother eats around me, she does it. If you mention it, she has a breathing problem and can't help it (although she doesn't). She's just an animal, and it's disgusting. My mother's friend does it too and it's horrible. She'll also talk with her mouth full of food right after she shoved it in there. What the fuck.

Also people letting dogs lick plates and beg for food while people are eating.

>> No.5014138

>>5013822
Sushi is meant to be a finger food, it always has. Chopsticks were introduced to basically fuck with the peasantry in ancient China, and like all pointlessly fancy things the rich flaunt about, they caught on as trendy. All of Asia had spoons and forks and shit way before chopsticks.

>> No.5014336

>>5013814

>people who stare at me when I'm in the kitchen like that's going to make their food cook faster

Fucking this, and it's even worse when they show up early:
>"Where is my food?! I ordered it for 18.30, showed up at 18.10 and you guys don't have it ready yet?!"

>> No.5014345

People who use "Umami" to describe taste. It's nothing but a fucking fad word...

>> No.5014358

>>5014345
>fad word
lol okay. I'm sure if it wasn't "foreign sounding durrr" you wouldn't care.

>> No.5014392

>>5014345
Uhh, it's glutimate.
umami is the word because it was isolated in Japan.

If some American had isolated it first, it would be called savory.

It's an actual flavor, quit being a sperglord.

>> No.5014395

>>5013814
>>people who touch and move and rattle my fucking tip jar
>Not sure why people feel compelled to do this, but like every fourth customer does.
It's because they want to put a tip in there, but they don't want you to not notice them doing it, in case you turn around just as they do it, and then when you turn back you look at the tip jar, then look at them, and pout like an italian BITCH.

It's like you don't even watch seinfeld, come on mean.

>> No.5014478

>>5014138
and black people used to be slaves in America. Times change, dingleberry.

>> No.5014489

>>5013814
>momscience
Our house was hit by the hurricane'o'fads as well. Surprisingly, the South Beach diet is effective. This was not a positive aspect for me, as my mother had decided that the entire family would go on the diet at the same time, and I was already a skinny kid. When you mix hardcore dieting with swimteam, the results were not pretty. My instinctual reaction to seeing fruit and carbohydrates is still to collect and stash them all. Quickly. I ignore this urge, but I still hate fad diets.

>> No.5014493

>>5014336
>something takes 12 minutes plus-or-minus to cook
>tell the customer 15 minutes just to be safe
>they show back up 8 minutes later, act impatient for the remainder of the cooking time

I've also had a customer straight-up bitch out one of my co-workers for cleaning the grill while his pizza was in the oven. Like he was supposed to be staring at the pizza oven or something. I don't even understand what these people expect.

>> No.5014550

>>5013700
Arent you supposed to eat sushi with your hands?