[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 33 KB, 403x500, 51CK1Ki6OmL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4978073 No.4978073[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

/ck/, I have come to you times and times again in search of your help, and not once did you disappoint me.
Today I come again, filled with humility and respect for your Google-Fu, for I have been tested and found wanting.
Long story short, I am looking for David Chang and Peter Meehan's Momofuku cook book. The Pirate Bay doesn't seem to have it, and a quick google search does not reveal an easy, illegal, and free way to acquire it.

Now it is 6:30 am here and I need to go, but I leave this message, like a bottle at sea, in hopes that maybe when I come back a Messiah will have revealed a glorious path. Thanks in advance to all who wish to help!

>> No.4978321

You've picked a tough book to crack.

The author/publisher has been deleting it from all the sources I've seen. I've got a promising one downloading, but time will tell whether it is a functional book or one of the many false leads I've checked

>> No.4978329

Aaand it's saying it'll take 18 hrs to download.

Will look some more tomorrow anon.
If anyone else finds something, please post as I would like to know as well

>> No.4978330

I can post a Rachael ray recipe for ramen noodles

>> No.4978341

I bought it a few years ago and I haven't used it a lot. The recipes are super technical even for someone who worked in a kitchen for years and a lot ask for very specific sometimes hard to find ingredients. Get ready to blow 20-30$+ to get ingredients you probably won't use anymore for a single recipe.

The best simple recipes of the book (eg pork belly, steamed buns, ramen, ginger scallion noodles, etc) are widely available and are easy to find using Google. I tried some of them at home and ate "the real thing" at the Noodle Bar this summer and it's the same.

>> No.4978351

David Chang is a drippy douchenozzle.
That is all.

>> No.4978888

>>4978321
>>4978329
In any case, thanks for looking into it. I did get the impression that the bloody thing would be hard to get my mitts on.

I could buy the book, really, it looks like a nice object in itself, but I live in Europe and shipping is expensive enough to basically double the price of the bloody thing.
>>4978341
What about the book itself? Is it well made? Good quality paper?

>> No.4978921

http://uloz.to/xk5ZcRY/momofuku-gnv64-pdf

Here you go. I just downloaded it and tested it. It works fine.

For future reference I just found the torrent then googled the file name.

>> No.4978931

>>4978921
A thousand thanks to you, good sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

>> No.4979240

>>4978351
Confirmed for not knowing shit about David Chang.

>> No.4979245

>>4978888
What about the book itself? Is it well made? Good quality paper?
It's a very nice cookbook, probably among the nicest in my collection. Very solid paper and everything. Lots of cool stories about the recipes and restaurants and things like that. Lucky Peach Magazine is pretty cool too. It has the same "spirit" as the cookbook, lots of recipes, shenanigans and stories.

also
>dem quads

>> No.4979247

>>4978921
>slav site
>registration required

can you upload it somewhere that's not going to try and steal my money?

>> No.4979261

My brother got this for me as a birthday present a year or two ago. It's a great coffee table/bathroom book, but the recipes are damn near impossible. I can't get most of the fancy crap they use her in Oklahoma, and even when he provides recipes for actual ingredients, the ingredients needed to make an ingredient can't be found.

>> No.4979281

>>4979247
you can download it for free you turd

use some fucking common sense