[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 80 KB, 600x425, Raw-Meat-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4961177 No.4961177 [Reply] [Original]

Meat and I have always had a passionate relationship. From fried bacon, kobe beef burgers, chicken breasts, and foie gras, to cow tongue, shark fin, and brains. You name it, I've eaten it.

It seems like just yesterday that I slaughtered my own pig, and used a razor to shave the hair off the ears to prepare it for a dish.

...But I've lost the passion.

Now every time I eat meat I get no thrill. It's just boring, bland.

I've been adding vegetarian and vegan options to my cafe's menu, since we have been getting more requests for it, and am feeling really excited. So many dishes and ingredients I've never experimented with. An entire new culinary world.

Now when people order steaks I find myself thinking, "Damnit not this shit again," but when I bite into my buckwheat stir fry, or have my black bean quinoa nachos, I am in heaven.

No interest in the environmental, health, or ethical benefits of vegetarianism. Just the food itself. I think meat and I might go our separate ways for a while.

>> No.4961211

>>4961177
Look another vegan thread.

>> No.4961218

I dont like thing.jpg

Op this is not your blog. bring something to DISCUSS to the table or fuck off.

>> No.4961255

>>4961218
It is a good point that plenty of people think of vegetarianism as being limited in options, when in reality 99% of us meat eaters have a boring ass diet, and don't explore all the food possibilities out there. Almost all meat consumed in America is pork, beef, chicken, salmon, tuna, and shrimp. Not exactly a big variety.

>> No.4961261

>>4961255
>99% of us meat eaters have a boring ass diet, and don't explore all the food possibilities out there.

Fucking speak for yourself, pleb. You're an ignorant apologist.

>> No.4961263

>>4961177
Go ahead. I don't give a shit about your sudden aversion, though. Exploring new avenues is interesting, but I'd say only for the person undertaking it.

Share a recipe or kill yourself, OP

>> No.4961264

No OP this is a normal reaction.
You are becoming a cannibal, if you're in the Detroit metro hmu and we can really eat some meat.

>> No.4961329

happens to us all
give it some time op
you'll get the passion back soon, meat will always be superior to veg