[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 494 KB, 500x385, vlcburrito.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4938325 No.4938325[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>Where you're from
>Where you live now

>Describe the regional food of both
>Do you like it

>> No.4938351

>>4938325
Colorado
Colorado

Green chile on everything.
A lot.

>> No.4938384

Ontario
Ontario (but a different city)

> Canada
> regional food
I guess.

>> No.4938389

>Korea
Extremely powerful tastes for most of the food, that's the only way I can describe it. The sweetest foods are the meats, curiously enough.
>Virginia
We don't have a lot of our own BBQ in Virginia, but instead we draw from the other states, particularly Louisiana. Some really great sweet BBQ and cajun food here if you know where to look.

>> No.4938403

California
New York

everything.
both. I miss good Vietnamese food though. pho and banh mi here are a joke. it's like I'm in flyover country.

>> No.4938411

>Texas
>Indiana

I don't remember anything about Texas.

Indiana is a fat, white, poor state filled with hillbillies and drug addicts from other states who drove in and couldn't figure out how to leave.
The regional cuisine consists of fast food, greasy truck stop diners, and some kind of fruit salad made with marshmellows, whipped cream and nuts, and a can of cocktail fruit in heavy syrup all mixed together.

I hate everything about this state, and wish I was back down south where i've heard people know how to cook.

>> No.4938412

texas
texas

big ass bbq on a big ass plate with big ass everything or a bunch of 'tex mex' food
sometimes

>> No.4938421

>>4938412
>written at your big ass keyboard with your big ass fingers while sitting on your big ass

>> No.4938428
File: 91 KB, 362x358, 1381643744098.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4938421
damn straight

>> No.4938437
File: 2.10 MB, 3264x2448, IMG_2838.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>USA (ethnically korean)
typical american food but my moms cooking was the shit, makes me miss home cooked korean food

>Tokyo
quite possibly the best food overall, the quality of the food here is amazing, even at fast food joints like mcdonalds.

While I do miss amerifat food sometimes (big ass steaks, real pizza (japanese people do not know how to pizza), american chinese food, etc.) japan's cuisine is both healthy and delicious.

pic related

>> No.4938469

>California (ass end of nowhere)
>California (Los Angeles)

There was a dairy near where we lived as a kid so there was a lot of mexican cheese at the farmers market where we bought food. In fact all the food was mexican in some way .Even when we grilled burgers on the fourth of july they ended up covered in avocado slices with lime juice on em.
In LA, all food is asian food. Asian people come here and meet mexican people and decide to stick kalbi and bulgogi into corn tortillas and sell it to white people at 4 bucks a pop. Prepare your wallet for anal rape

>> No.4938499

>>4938325
California
California

Xiao long bao
Beef chow mein
Steak Burritos

>> No.4938506

Colorado
Texas

Barbeque and steak
Goddamn right I do

>> No.4938534
File: 182 KB, 500x341, 4145839702_4dc44babd0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Montreal
>Montreal

>Poutine
>I quite enjoy it

>> No.4938536

>Florida
>North Carolina
>Florida has oranges, Rock Lobster, Key lime (pie), some dirty Cuban food I guess and so much more that is top-tier eating. Fuck even the McDonald's are interesting to go to like a 50's-themed McDonald's that opened up near me when I was young and loved.
>North Carolina has dirt, poor people and niggers

God I hate living in this shithole of a state.

>> No.4938553

Eastern KY, super small town.
Eastern KY, bigger university town.

The food of the Appalachias is a strange mix of German, Irish, and Mexican influences, the Mexican being a relatively new thing. You can go to many gas stations around the mountains around midday and get a bowl of pinto beans and corn pone, which is pretty much the staple dish of the entire region. Not much to say; it's a fucking poor region, so the regional foods are things that are easily grown/ raised.

The city i'm in now has a bunch of stuff that would be considered just plain weird in my hometown, like a greek restaurant and an Indian buffet. In my hometown, the biggest restaurant is the local Mexican place and Dairy Queen makes mad dosh on coffee since the retired farmers like to come and drink in the mornings.

>> No.4938593

Maryland

Maryland

Lake Trout & Grape Soda

>> No.4938600

>>4938536
u have the best bbq, stfu.

>> No.4938606

>>4938536
Asheville has a great food scene bro

>> No.4938609

>born and raised in calgary
>moved to halifax for university

Calgary has a much more commercial feel to its food for the most part. You won't find that many tiny backwoods places that aren't deliberately tiny and backwoods. That said, there are tons of awesome places on the 17th av strip, including some really good pubs with great menus. There's everything you could want.

The east coast is a lot more laid back. Places close Sunday. That doesn't happen back home. Long standing restaurants feel like ingrained parts of their communities. The east coast specialties are the best. Donair pizza, lobster macaroni, and quality fish and chips is an entirely new spectrum of fresh fast food.

>> No.4938612

>>4938536

stop talking shit about muh state and go eat some bbq or find a good hispanic restaurant.

>> No.4938710
File: 10 KB, 240x184, chefjenkins.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oregon coast

Oregon coast

Wild salmon, oysters, chanterelle mushrooms, crawfish, asparagus, hazelnuts, salmonberries, trout, lobster mushrooms, venison, razor clams.

I love where I live. I can forage mushrooms, dig clams at the beach, hunt, fish, and grow vegetables. I have a raspberry bush in my yard that gives me lbs. of berries every summer. Life is good here.

>> No.4938731

Lived 10 years in Columbus OH, also lived and am currently living on Long Island in NY for 5 years.

Columbus, OH
>heavy german influence
>a couple nice, classic French and Italian spots downtown
>good sloppy late nite food

Thurmann Burger is one of the more widely known places. They have some kind of burger challenge, and the house burger is amazing.

Kings Point, NY
>amazing seafood I can catch
>8 min train ride to flushing, Queens
>30 min train ride to manhattan

One of my favorite spots out a bit east and on the south shore is an informal seafood joint. Always have great soups and they got a 2 Lobster dinner for 22.00$. Oysters for a dollar during happy hour

>> No.4938735
File: 46 KB, 570x238, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4938710
>mfw salmon, trout, clams and oysters