[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 40 KB, 640x360, i need sick food.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4903816 No.4903816[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I have a pretty bad head cold... (sinus pressure, congestion, sore throat, cough... all that fun stuff). I would like to eat something that will make me feel better, symptom wise. I realize food won't "cure" a cold. However I am not feeling anywhere near strong enough to make something from scratch as I lack the energy.

Does anyone have any recommendations for something to order in, that will be delivered by a chain that goes across America (such as Pizza Hut or Dominoes or whatever?)

Thanks for the help /ck/.

>> No.4903831

The spiciest food possible.

>> No.4903842

>>4903831
Hot Chinese mustard comes to mind!

>> No.4903840

>>4903816
Probably something simple like a chicken soup or something but most fast food places don't make those... so try ordering some hot and sour or wonton soup from a chinese takeout place. Maybe also an entree with stir fried vegetables and a side of rice.

I doubt that other delivery places have something healthier unless you resort to eating salads, but that isn't so appetizing when you're sick. You want something warm.

>> No.4903848

A hot liquid (soup, tea, coffee, or even just water) can help with everything, though caffeine may not be desirable if you want to rest. Spicy foods could help with congestion, but may exacerbate your sore throat (possibly in the extreme).

>> No.4903891
File: 48 KB, 780x441, b409bc0e-571f-49ce-a844-2d68232c3d12[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4903816
I'de get some fettuccine alfredo for some energy, and maybe some soup for the cold; Boston pizza delivers and they have those.

>> No.4903920

You want :
chicken, cooked on the bone
anti mucous garlic, onion
anti bacterial, vit C, hot chilies, ginger, tea

Your tummy nauseated? Rice and oats, bland and soothing. Nothing too heavy-fatty, or slow to digest. Force fluids to flush out a virus.

If chinese, japanese, thai or vietnamese will deliver, easy. Inflate an order to meet a minimum. Rice, a rich brothy or noodley soup, dumplings or maybe some roasted wings to nibble on or heat later, garlic or ginger stir fry, egg foo young, don't forget oranges, lychee drink or tea options, maybe even sorbet.
Greek and Italians both have a version of egg drop and breads for toasting. Lemon, get it on the side. Every latin cuisine has a chicken noodle from scratch. A Jewish deli will have soups, knish, sandwiches like egg salad or get some chopped liver and nice bagels.

>> No.4903944

>>4903891
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-e5y-3dyUs