[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 31 KB, 456x329, crock.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4854644 No.4854644[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I am now the proud owner of a crock pot. What is a good recipe book for it so that I may feed my family?

>> No.4854661

i use mine for pinto beans so far. but yeah, you can make great carmalized onions too

>> No.4854675

>>4854661

Beans are a treat, especially with onions. Know any good cookbooks?

>> No.4854681

5 cubed chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
can of water
onion
carrots celery
potatoes diced
add corn and peas the last hour
this is chicken pot pie filling. use biscuits as dumplings, cook them separately, or lay them over the top for the last hour or so.

make pulled pork with coke/dr. pepper/root beer and bbq sauce.

>> No.4854701

Get 3 1 lb packages of Johnsonville Kielbasa and cut them in thirds, 2 1 lb packages of bacon and cut them in half.

Wrap the bacon around the sausage and pin it with toothpick. Put them in crockpot and cover with a pound of brown sugar. Cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.

>> No.4854714

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/overnight-oatmeal-recipe/index.html
I alter it for my mood or the season , dried cherry, pumpkin pie spice, dates, banana. You can't overcook most breakfast grain blends, look at Bob's Red Mill, meuslix and kashi. Awesome for houseguests.

I like "not your mother's" cookbook for modern international cuisine.

>> No.4854715

Chuck roast is cheap. Two to three pounds of meat, sear it on all sides, drop it in the crock pot with carrots, onions or shallots, garlic, mushrooms, celery and a can beef broth. Sprinkle salt and pepper and whatever herbs you like - oregano, thyme, rosemary. Finish off with a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce and cook it covered, on low, for eight hours.

You CAN add potatoes to the crock pot, but I prefer to make them seperately.

>> No.4854766

>>4854681

Dr. Pepper pulled pork is the shit

>> No.4854773

>>4854675
Have you done any googling?