[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.90 MB, 316x213, 1376256681816.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4833510 No.4833510 [Reply] [Original]

>1st year university, away from home
>Cook everything while still living with my parents
>Make a list and go to the grocery store
>Don't really follow my list and get distracted buying different things
>Get to the parking lot and realize that I bought nutmeg, real bacon bits and pizza pockets

How do you guys do it?
>

>> No.4833517

>>4833510
eat the nutmeg and get high

>> No.4833522

You just warm the pizza pockets in the microwave or oven and then fry some bacon bits stove top to go with them.

>> No.4833528

>>4833510
Not go to the grocery store hungry

>> No.4833589

>>4833528
>Not go to the grocery store hungry
^ Totally this. Eat a filling meal before you go shopping. Stick to your list or rational items you just remembered, avoid the impulse items with sugar or salt. If you want to buy a shitty snack food, that's cool, but go in there thinking "okay I'm gonna buy one shitty snack food" or whatever your plan is, don't just wander the aisles going "mmmmmm doooonuuuuuts gggggghhhghghghhghhh."

>> No.4833708

>>4833510

stick to your list.
don't impulse buy.
if you're having trouble paying attention, don't shop while hungry/thirsty/tired, or lay off the substances a few hours before you go.

also:

look at sales, i know a lot of people have preferred brands, but if you're tight on cash you don't have a lot of choice.

breakfast cereal. any decent cereals are expensive and the ones that aren't are usually shitty, unless you're into stuff like weetbix. explore other breakfast options. $10 for a 750g box of cereal vs $4 for 750g of museli, or $2 for a 1k bag of oats. I understood why my parents always refused to buy me fancy cereals as a kid (aside from the fact that they're packed with sugar)