[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 55 KB, 706x364, steak4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4829260 No.4829260 [Reply] [Original]

>2013
>Not eating glorious well done steak

What's wrong with you savages?

>> No.4829265

since i live in a third world shit country it is best to get steaks always well done
but shit man
ill give you a 3/10

>> No.4829266

needs ketchup

>> No.4829267

I don't care how others eat their food.

But that looks like a fucking wreck.

>> No.4829328

>>4829260
>served on a board

Why?

Stick it in the fridge and I'll scarf it up later.

>> No.4829351

>>4829328

Wood is also carbon.

>> No.4829356

>tfw my dad won't eat anything except burnt to ash meat
>no matter what
>even if I take him out to a nice steakhouse or cook it myself, he says he wants it like leather

I just don't understand it

>> No.4829372

Real talk /ck/

Have you ever eaten a well done steak? Did you enjoy it?

I'm asking because everyone has their own taste for steak. Blue rare, rare, medium, whatever the fuck else. I've had a few well done steaks in my time. Honestly, they aren't horrible. I prefer medium-medium/well but I'm not gonna turn down a well done steak.

I'm talking done, NOT burnt.

>> No.4829378

>>4829372
yeah the muscle pains in my jaw really made the 20 minutes spent chewing every bite worthwhile

>> No.4829388

>>4829372
I can cook a porkchop very well, cooked to the center and still be juicy. It's kinda harder with beef, it's way easier to use thiner cuts, let it sit in a bag after a kiwi rubbing for a few hours so even cooked well done, it's still tender.
If i eat a well done steak that isn't prepared in this manner, just "simply cooked until well done" i'd better chew a boot. This isn't good, this isn't right, this is a waste.

Fuck you, people.

>> No.4829401

>>4829265
American steaks aren't THAT bad.

>> No.4829405

>>4829260
looks a bit undercooked

>> No.4829410

>>4829372
Yea, its not like the worst thing ever if the seasoning is good. It just sucks because a $20 well done steak is equal to a $5 well done steak. Whereas a $20 medium rare steak is not equal to a $5 medium rare steak. I think overcooking a good steak is throwing money away, if its cheap cuts though the no fucks are given and break out the sauces and marinades.

>> No.4829416

>tfw I can never eat steak in public

I hate hate hate hate the texture of lesser cooked stakes

>> No.4829418

>>4829266
Never eat steak again. Ketchup on steak is like turning jesus upside down. You just don't do it.

>> No.4829419
File: 20 KB, 350x262, Steak.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP's image is pure ruin, the heat was clearly too high and it was cooked by a plebian that doesn't appreciate well-done meat, they committed war-crimes against those cuts of meat and threw them on their kitchen bench, the photographer is probably considering whether it's okay to feed his pet dog that garbage. The insides will be bloody and raw while the outside has a hardened carbon carapace.

The real issue is
>Having a stranger cook your food
>Doing it yourself, or allowing a trusted friend to cook your food

I ordered rare at a pub once, I received a warm sponge of blood. When I order Well-done sometimes I end up with slightly overcooked food, sometimes I end up with perfect pink in the middle tender steak and even the brown outer edges are soft and delicious and moist with beef juices.

When I trust the cook I can tell them Medium-Well Done. When I'm cooking I can do Medium.

Sometimes you just get fucked over in a group setting, my sister cut up some lamb and beef the other night for my brother's birthday dinner, picked out the best lamb for herself, I got burnt shavings from the edges of both the roasts.

>>4829372
Well-done is the safest option unless you have a low quality or thin cut of beef.

It's not about color, it's about ending up with a steak that contains juices, it doesn't drip or bleed, and it's not dried out.

>> No.4829692

>>4829401
i was just pointing out his attempt at trolling thats all.
hes implying well done steaks are burnt.