[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 154 KB, 309x302, 1373749076371.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4778810 No.4778810[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Is there any reason why I shouldn't eat uncooked rice?

I like the taste and texture, and I like that I can just take a big handful and get 160 calories and 4 grams of protein immediately without having to cook it.

So far I haven't felt sick from doing this.

>> No.4778822

They expand in your tummy so if you eat too many you'll explode.

>> No.4778821

Bleach

But yeah, it's good.

>> No.4778908

>>4778810

this

>>4778822

actually does have some merit, but the gluten will break it down before it becomes an issue.

you should sterilize it, bugs get in there and processing normally happens in open fields or on production floors which have so much rice on them that they rarely if ever are cleaned.

just put them in some boiling water for a short time to sterilize them, and otherwise have at it.

it doesnt have much nutrition value and they are loaded with silicone but neither of those are real problems

>> No.4778916

You are what you eat and if you eat too much rice you'll become rice and birds will eat you and choke and die

>> No.4778927

Its a seed you idiot if you eat it raw a rice tree will grow inside your intestines

>> No.4778963

>>4778908
>actually does have some merit, but the gluten will break it down before it becomes an issue.
>you should sterilize it, bugs get in there and processing normally happens in open fields or on production floors which have so much rice on them that they rarely if ever are cleaned.
>just put them in some boiling water for a short time to sterilize them, and otherwise have at it.
>it doesnt have much nutrition value and they are loaded with silicone but neither of those are real problems
Wow you are completely full of shit

>> No.4778972

>>4778927
Is this true???

>> No.4778978
File: 50 KB, 455x446, noreallymaimfine.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4778927
oh shit

>> No.4778984

>>4778963

ad hominem attack me on the topic at hand and not personally because you have so far contributed nothing and have only debased yourself before me.

have you ever seen rice production? what happens when they dry and process it? bugs especially, but also shells and fecal matter from the fertilizer are common even if they do wash it before packing, and its not that uncommon for bacteria or fungi to get inside the packaging as well.

its a case of prevention, put the rice through boiling water before you eat it and op will be fine.

otherwise you have allot to learn about debate

>> No.4778987

>>4778984
The low water activity of dried rice deters the vast majority of bacteria and fungi. It is not a concern.

>> No.4778991

>>4778987

true but if you open the bad and munch on it over the span of a few weeks near your desk it is something to worry a bit about.

the drying process increases the shelf live by months though, that said if the bacteria is on the raw rice and it gets intorduces to yoru colon flora, if there is no other bacteria around that actively kills it, it can then turn around and embed itself in the flora, and give that most rice is imported that can be a serious problem to someone who is not acclimatized.

>> No.4779258

You have a form of pica. Dried rice seems harmless enough though.

I bet if you agree too much, too quickly you could end up with an intestinal blockage.

>> No.4779298

>>4778810
>immediately without having to cook it
no you wont
that shit will just pass through your body like dried corn, or even normal corn or peas to a varying extent but worse

>> No.4780524

>>4779258

>I bet if you agree too much

>> No.4780535

Clean it first

>> No.4781904

My grandfather which fought in Korea had to live on uncooked rice for over a month after he got captured by the chinks. He lived so I guess it is possible.

>> No.4781922

whenever i make pasta i always eat one piece raw as i'm boiling it, like i'll take one strand of pasketti or ziti and i'll break my teeth on it