[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 37 KB, 500x500, PS_0776_ALCOHOL_CAUSE[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4765703 No.4765703[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>tfw you drink like an autistic virgin

>can barely choke down light beer, and can't drink warm light beer
>drink faggot-ass shit like hard apple cider (angry orchard, hornsby, etc)
>other people take shots (usually vodka) and drink juice/soda after as a chaser or put the alcohol in the chaser while i just drink the shots straight to make the taste go away faster and i look like a tryhard
>get bad hangovers after almost any small amount of alcohol (like 4-5 shots only)

anyone know feels like these?

>> No.4765709

>>4765703
You sure you're not an autistic virgin?

I'd also like to point out I'm a bit drunk right now.

>> No.4765719
File: 66 KB, 439x960, cider.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4765703
cider's delicious, don't associate it with your faggotry.

>> No.4765720

>>4765709
>I'd also like to point out I'm a bit drunk right now.
Virgin detected.

>> No.4765724

>>4765703
Are the other undergrads making fun of you? Don't listen to them, it isn't a measurement of who you are.

>> No.4765731

>>4765703
what do you have experience with drinking? when I first started I only had beer and vodka and thought they were both fucking disgusting, then I found whiskey.

>> No.4765732

>>4765720
That was just to spite OP. Which is probably you.

>> No.4765733

nothing you wrote makes you a faggot though really

- Light beer is disgusting and warm light beer tastes literally like piss
- People have different tastes
- Are you seriously complaining that you take straight shots rather than diluting it with fruity drinks or soda?
- Just drink more/take steps to plan and you'll have hangovers less

I seriously can't believe that third one. People actually call you out for not using a "chaser"?

>> No.4765737
File: 37 KB, 833x768, that feel.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I know this feel.
I can only drink beer and bitch drinks, because I got the shit kicked so hard outta my by the Captain one night that the smell of alcohol makes me involuntarily retch.

Its not a terrible living though.
Theres no shame in settling down with some natty ice.

>> No.4765739

>>4765703
>>can barely choke down light beer, and can't drink warm light beer
Well, light beer is disgusting, and double so when it's warm, so who the fuck cares?

>> No.4765746

The fuck's wrong with cider, nigger?

Men drink cider. Manly men.

>> No.4765748

>>4765733
the only thing i cant think is that these faggot kids OP hangs out with all have to use chaser and seeing something different for them is automatically bad

>> No.4765750

28.. when I first turned 21 I was drinking quite a bit. Those big jugs.. 1.75l I think? a bit more than 2 fifths anyway.. two of those a couple times a week. Started with expensive shit.. crown royal, captain morgan, etc.. Then went to vodka and screwdrivers..

Then I pulled it back a bit. Last few years just one of those jugs, rum and coke, but drink it all pretty much within 2 days of the weekend.

Going on 9 years I'm pretty scared of what my liver is like. A couple years back after heavy drinking liver would hurt, feel kinda bubbling sensation. Last year after heavy drinking that side of my body just felt kinda hard, and uncomfortable to sleep on. Now though I'm not really feeling anything.

I'd like to think I've just evolved a iron liver. But realistically I think I'm probably gone for

>> No.4765757

Why would anyone force down something they obviously don't like and aren't used to doing? I'm pretty much full blown drunkard, but I wouldn't judge or look down on somebody not drinking. And I'd hope that others wouldn't look down on me for drinking profusely. Drink if you like, don't drink if you don't like. Enjoy the party, its about the people not the booze, afterall.

>> No.4765755

I always wondered but never asked anyone, what do you guys think a decent amount of alcohol to drink before getting drunk is?

I know taking less to get drunk is sometimes better due to cost, but like what makes you not look like a pussy? 5? 8? what?

>> No.4765760

>>4765750
been drinking quite a bit for the past 5 years, 24 now. do about 10-15oz hard liquor a night. it owns. sup bro.

>> No.4765766

4-5 shots isn't "small"

>> No.4765768

>>4765757
>Enjoy the party, its about the people not the booze, afterall.

top lel. college parties are all about drinking and basically nothing else

>> No.4765773
File: 34 KB, 277x338, Wat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4765703
Are you American or something?

>> No.4765774

>>4765773
yes., what does that have to do with it though?

>> No.4765782

>>4765768
No, they are about getting your sex. Drinking helps some, but in the end they are still about getting your sex/meeting others of the same sex who you can brag about getting your sex to. College parties are pure "lets fuck" meetups, the drinking just goes along with it.

>> No.4765783

>>4765733
The fact he's whining about it makes him a faggot.

>> No.4766007

My drink of choice is Philip's Hot 100, a 100 proof cinnamon liquor. I usually drink it straight. So it's high alcohol content, but also sugary and sweet. Most people can't stomach it, while I'm the only one I know that can't stomach beer, so I don't know if I'm a bitch or not.

>> No.4766053

>>4765703
>put the alcohol in the chaser
that's called a cocktail, mate.

>> No.4766128

Drink more water while drinking and eat a big burger to get your stomach full before drinking. That always limits any prospect of a hangover for me. Downed half a bottle of rum last night, and not a sliver of a headache in me today.

But I did spread that bottle out across the night.

>> No.4766135

I can drink just fine, I just hate it. So, I rarely drink. And my dislike of drinking is now extending to the people that do it. So I've slowly alienated myself from most people.

It's a bad feeling.

>> No.4766137

>>4766135
Find a drink you like and then drink that.

Or is the concept of drinking yourself stupid that puts you off?

>> No.4766150

>>4765782

the sex is nice, but I had just as good of a time in college getting trashed and throwing furniture off balconies, making sluts cry, streaking, and burning things.

>> No.4766155

>>4766137
I don't like any drinks. It all tastes bad.

Yes, that too.

>> No.4766161
File: 498 KB, 320x160, 1375416713979.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4766150
>mfw I opted to go to college online

>> No.4766164

>>4766155
Not everything tastes bad, there is one drink for you out there. But I have no clue what.

But you can't anything about the last part, and I agree with you. But at least it's an easy way to socialize.

>> No.4766173

>>4766164
No, really. Alcohol to me tastes like something that should be used in a car or some machinery and not put into your body.

You know what else is an easy way to socialize? Talking.

>> No.4766184

>>4766173
And I can promise you that you are wrong. There is a drink out there you will enjoy, where the ethanol cannot be tasted, and where you will enjoy it. But it's hard finding it because most alcoholic beverages taste like utter shit. Particularly so the most popular ones.

And if you've got a chip on your shoulder, then why talk about it all? Some people socialize in a different way.

>> No.4766187

>>4766184
Then why even fucking use alcohol in it if I can't taste it, right? Why bother?

Those people socialize like shit and I've lost friends because they feel I don't drink enough and I'm having a shit week anon!

>> No.4766198

I have to take paroxetine to socialize. Without it I'll probably be in the corner.

Not supposed to take it with alcohol, but when I do god damn do I get bubbly

>> No.4766200

>>4766187
Because the drink loses something if you remove the ethanol, it is no longer a tasty food. Besides, if you remove the alcohol element, then half the point is gone. Now you can't reap the benefits and disadvantages it brings.

Then tell them they're utter faggots for caring about whetever you drink or not. Also they only socialize like shit with sober people, which is why people usually drink it at parties so everyone is inebriated.

>> No.4766204
File: 66 KB, 466x360, 34242.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4766198

>Treats depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, social anxiety disorder (also known as social phobia), premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Holy fucking shit. I've heard of paxil (same thing) and knew it was for depression, but Something that covers all of that above has to be fucking up your chemical balance.

Went on to read it's actually more dangerous to stop taking the drug than start. top LEL.

>> No.4766206

>>4766200
I don't fucking care to drink though, it has no advantages for me and I don't understand what the advantages are to anyone actually.

>> No.4766239

>>4766206

Then you've never had to drink to make it through the night you pussy faggot

>> No.4766248

>>4766239
to get drunk and do stupid shit I normally wouldn't do.

>> No.4766258
File: 1.39 MB, 320x180, azeez.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4766161

>my paycheck when student loans

don't worry anon, it was a glorified $500-a-day daycare center. I got a 3.8 and make less than my friends who barely graduated high school. Could have had the same experience traveling the world for 4 years, at half the cost.

>> No.4766989

I started drinking at 13 (not actually all that strange in the UK) and thought it was making me really cool even though I hated the taste. Everyone would always say 'Oh you'll develop a taste for it' but honestly over 15 years later I don't think I ever really did. I am a terrible drunk though, I drink to get 100% as wasted as I can, I cannot casually drink. If I am going to start a bottle of wine I will finish it and I will keep drinking until I can't move.

I'm into other drugs instead, which has probably worked out to be a lot more healthy for me than alcohol ever could. I think I'd probably be dead by now if I enjoyed the taste of alcohol. It's a blessing in disguise.

>> No.4767010

>>4766989
>It's a blessing in disguise.

I think what you're trying to say is that you like the effect of alcohol on your body, but your taste buds tell you it's shit. Which is a good thing, in a way, as you say.

Believe it or not, I think you're speaking the truth. If you ask all these people whether they'll drink the same thing if it is non-alcoholic, most people will say no.

>> No.4767030

>>4767010

>I think what you're trying to say is that you like the effect of alcohol on your body, but your taste buds tell you it's shit.

Sounds about right to me, I find that most other drugs have far more desirable effects than alcohol too so there's just not really a lot going for it for me. Even at the most boring social occasion I will just order water and get good guy points for being the designated driver.

>> No.4767039

>>4766007
You're a bitch.

>> No.4767051

>>4766204
>drugs
>fucking up your chemical balance

No, never!

>> No.4767092

>>4767030
>other drugs have far more desirable effects than alcohol too so there's just not really a lot going for it for me.

And which is why marijuana is starting to become legal.
Better hit, little side effect (compared to alcohol), and safer.

And it actually tastes and smells better too than alcohol.

Legalise the damn thing every where I say.

>> No.4767107

>>4765703
>>drink faggot-ass shit like hard apple cider (angry orchard, hornsby, etc)
What's wrong with hard ciders? I think they're pretty good. Granted, with how sweet they are, I normally will just drink one after a meal. If I plan on continuing to drink, I will normally switch to another type of alcohol.

>get bad hangovers after almost any small amount of alcohol (like 4-5 shots only)
So... drink more water? It's really not that hard. Shit, I chase a lot of hard liquors with water just so I can avoid hangovers. I rarely ever get them. Think the last one I had was some point last year.

>> No.4767113

why not just not drink what you don't like? most alcohol's gross anyways, anything but cider or wine is fucking disgusting. you ever thought of just not drinking?

>> No.4767116

>>4767107

Those are shit tier ciders though.

>> No.4767122

>>4767092

I think so too, but my background was actually in ecstasy and MDMA. In my late teens early 20s I was involved in the southern California rave scene, alcohol was for over 21s (Unlike 18 back in the UK with a very loose alcohol culture) and most people didn't drink at the parties because 1) Ecstasy was preferable and 2) Alcohol makes you dehydrated when you're on ecstasy, and it's a depressant, so it doesn't really work well with stimulants.

And because you need to space out the time between rolling by at least a month it just worked out as being so much more healthy.

But yeah, it'd nice to see marijuana illegal, I'm not sure what kind of /ck/ benefits it would have though, I think most edibles are just Food+weed rather than being a compliment to a meal like Wine is.

>> No.4767141

>>4767122
>I'm not sure what kind of /ck/ benefits it would have though

Well here's food for your thought.

Marijuana is used in coke, as in coca cola. Just that they've managed to remove the side-effects of being high.

Marijuana seeds are available for sale, as herbs for cooking. Hence /ck/ related.

It's a superfood.

>> No.4767148

>>4767141

Very interesting, I did not know that. I seem to learn more about how useful it can be every day.

>> No.4767231

>>4765703
>being beta about how you drink or can't drink certain things.

Shit dude, who cares? If people are picking on your because of your beverage likes and dislikes, perhaps you need different "friends".

For the hangovers, drink as much or more water with your alcohol as you do the amount of alcohol you drink. Having small snacks every so often also helps keep electrolyte levels up. All this helps prevent hangovers entirely.

>> No.4767273

>>4765703
>tfw German
>been drinking beer entirely legally since I'm 16
>fucking love beer
>alcohol made me puke ONCE, gave me a hangover ONCE and memory loss ONCE (all different occasions)
>prefer to smoke herbs instead of drinking liquor
>gin and tonic, white russian, absinthe with water and good whiskey are awesome though
if you don't like alcohol, don't fucking drink it. It's not mandatory. Stay sober or do drugs if you have to. But don't let society force something you despise onto you.

>> No.4767282

>>4765703

Hard cider is delicious. Ignore anyone who talks shit. You can pound back like 12 of them and not feel like a fat piece of shit afterwards.

People give you shit for taking your shots straight? Fuck them. Keep doing what you're doing.

Cocktails aren't bad. grab a couple G+Ts and you'll be feeling great. Taste good too.

>> No.4767286

>>4767141
>uses words like "superfood"
>pothead

Pick two

>> No.4767342

>>4765755
Depends on timeframe. I subtract the number of hours I've been drinking from the amount of drinks I've had, and if tgat number is greater than 4 ill be drunk.

>> No.4767359

>>4767286
>Pick two

Sarcasm much? Guess your first language isn't English.

>> No.4767387

>>4767359
>I was just trolling

Backpedaling much? What you posted is now on the internet forever, have fun with that.

>> No.4767390

>>4767387
It must be hard being this serious.

>> No.4767449

>>4766258
This guy is right. Literally the only advantage of college is that it means you can fuck about for three years without it looking like a black mark on your employment history. A three year gap where you did nothing but party? Awful, into the trash you go. But a three year gap where you did nothing but party, in the state-sponsored party hall called college? Perfectly acceptable, we are pleased to tell you that we accept your application to this etc etc.

>> No.4767501

I'm an alcohol, and yes it is destroying my family. I'll drink anything, the cheaper the better. I actually do the alcohol per pence math.

>> No.4767508

Feel good you don't care much for alcohol. Some of us like it a bit too much and have no choice but to abstain completely or eventually wind up dead.

>> No.4767514

don't shoot anything, learn to enjoy the taste of hard liquor and you'll drink it slower and not lose control. the easiest way to do that is not to buy crap, which usually means buying things you've never heard of from the middle-to-top shelf

>> No.4767537

>>4767449
They hire you because you are conforming to society norms for which the paper is proof. That's the only reason. They don't want free thinkers.

>> No.4767539

>stomach feels terrible after half a beer
My body says no, and I usually comply

>> No.4767545

>>4767537
I'm not that cynical. To me it just seems like the leftists wanted college to be accessible to everyone because muh education, so of course by far the easiest way to do this was to lower the standards until basically anyone can go. Then employers started requiring degrees for everything because it was an easy way to sift through applicants, something they're allowed to discriminate by that theoretically does have an effect on applicant quality, even if the link is really fucking tenuous it just saves them time. And now the leftists will defend college to the death because muh education, the kids will go to college because they want to be allowed to party for three years and get a piece of paper at the end of it explaining that this actually makes them more employable rather than less, and the employers will defend college because it makes their job a little easier.

>> No.4767612

>>4767545

I think it's silly to divide between left and right. Any extreme stance is stupid, you can't blame 'the leftists' for something which is just common sense. You don't have to be 'a lefty' to believe that everyone is entitled to a good standard of education.

There's nothing wrong with making college accessible, it's a very good thing, you just need to make sure the employers know there is more to a good employee than a piece of paper so that people can have a choice in the matter of going to college, rather than 'I'm going to college because I'll be flipping burgers if I don't'.

>> No.4767626

>>4767612
>You don't have to be 'a lefty' to believe that everyone is entitled to a good standard of education.

Actually, you do. Life isn't fair. That's not a good thing, but it's a fact. Also, some people aren't smart enough for college. I know that's a mean thing to say, but face the facts: human beings come in all manner of statistics. some are pretty, some are not. some are fat, some are thin. some are athletic, some are weaklings. some are smart, some are downright idiotic. just as my shitty sports ability means that I have no business being on a football team, idiots don't belong in higher education.

>>There's nothing wrong with making college accessible, it's a very good thing

That's wrong too. There are many problems with making college more accessible:

1) lowering standards dilutes the value of the degree
2) many people are now believing that just because they have a degree they are guaranteed to have a job, when that isn't true at all.
3) The recent increase in college admissions advertisements and college financing advertisements are doing a great job at convincing people that it's a good idea to "invest" a bunch of money in a college degree that doesn't always pay out. Of course the colleges themselves and the financing corporations never lose in this game--the college always gets their tuition money and the loan company makes their percentage regardless of whether or not your degree works out for you.

sadly these days there are plenty of people who have tens of thousands of dollars of debt (and who have spent years of their life) for a degree that's often times worthless.

polite sage for off-topic.

>> No.4767627

>>4767612
> to believe that everyone is entitled to a good standard of education.

But that's what public libraries are for, not college. If you're going to lower the standards of a degree to nothing, it makes it pointless. Either have the degree mean something, or make college an extension of libraries, free to absolutely everyone, without any sort of qualification attached. At the moment it's just a huge expense for something that is largely a shallow and dumb education, yet one which is expected of everyone if you want to get any sort of white collar work. The system is totally fucked as it stands at the moment.

>> No.4767696

>>4765746

Cider is part of my favorite cocktail, the stonewall. 12 oz hard cider, 3 oz dark rum (not spiced rum). Tastes fantastic, and will get you a nice buzz pretty quickly.

It was a cocktail that was popular in colonial America in the 1770's.

>> No.4767889

>>4767626
>Actually, you do.

No you don't. I'm not a 'lefty' and I think everyone is entitled to a good standard of education.

It's about ACCESSIBILITY, first and foremost. There used to be a time when people were priced out of an education (and they still are).

What you need to do is make them accessible to everyone but raise the pass requirements. So that everyone who is smart and willing to put in the effort can pass, regardless of their background, instead of only a few who can afford it passing with flying colours regardless of how stupid or smart they are.

I know the degree trap all to well, but the solution is not in making degrees less accessible. Go find the country with the best education system in the world (Hint, it's not America or the UK) and you will find that a degree is not inaccessible to over half the population.

>> No.4767904

>>4767889
>It's about ACCESSIBILITY, first and foremost.

But the problem is that lefties think degrees should be accessible to dumb people too. That's the only issue here. Of course I have no problem at all with people being accepted on merit, no matter their background, and I don't think anyone would disagree. I don't think you can say that college is too inaccessible unless the majority of the population is going, though. That's how it should be - high standards, quality education. Not a three-year party that everyone has to attend to have employers even consider them.

>> No.4767925

I love alcohol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_YxauHnpyg

>> No.4767935

>>4767904
>But the problem is that lefties think degrees should be accessible to dumb people too.

Stop bringing left and right into this for crying out loud, not everyone on the planet falls neatly into your country's idea of 'left' and 'right' wing. Shake the bias, you are doing yourself no favours and you won't come to a solution any faster.

>> No.4767961

>>4767935
Sorry brah. But you know what I mean, call it whatever you like, people who think college should be available to anyone no matter their academic ability, despite that being the entire fucking point of it, are total morons, and are causing a ton of problems for young people. And they support it not on any logical grounds but on vague concepts of fairness and muh education, as well as the idea that a three-year party is the birthright of every citizen.

These are predominantly very left-wing ideas, but I'm not trying to tar all left supporters with the same brush here.

>> No.4767973

>>4767961

There's nothing wrong with fairness, it's just that the whole system needs to work together. If you come from a bad school then you're not gonna stand much of a chance in university, that in itself is unfair and flawed because it basically means you're only as good as your area code or as good as your parents can afford for you. Which is wrong.

Also college/uni is going to be a 3 year party wherever you are, it's the same as the working ethic - you work hard and you play hard. You can enforce all the standards you want and that culture will still be there.

>> No.4767991

>>4767973
But diminishing the entry requirements is totally the wrong way to do it, and hurts everyone involved - especially those who don't want to go to college, since now it's not difficult at all to get into, it's expected of everybody. I'm not complaining about partying on principle, what I'm complaining about is defending a system of piss-easy degrees with very little work involved simply because you feel bad that some people get to party and some don't. Although I do feel that if the state is going to give any amount of funding to universities, it's awful for them to be so goddamn inefficient. Not since preschool do people have as much free time as they do at college. It's just massively wasteful to have 5 months off a year, and if people are paying for themselves I don't give a fuck, but if it's subsidized then it's pretty fucking awful. Taxpayers shouldn't be paying for people to have 5 months holiday.

>> No.4768005

That's your body trying to stop you from drinking an addictive poison. If you drink any alcohol long enough that part of your body will be replaced with alcoholism and you will gain the power to drink anything.

You are an autistic virgin if your're forcing yourself to drink when not enjoying it. Drink what you like when you like or give in to peer pressure and join them in the ranks of depressed alcoholics. justsayin

>> No.4768006

>>4767991

The entry requirements should not be based on finances and they should be able to be passed by anyone who puts the work in, but that work SHOULD be there for them and there should be equal opportunities for people who don't want to go to college. IE: Employers who don't expect degrees for any job that isn't highly specialized

>> No.4768012

>>4768006
You said it, anon.

>> No.4768151

I don't fuck with alcohol. Marijuana is a much better alternative imo

>> No.4768158

man you've got it hard

>> No.4768167
File: 48 KB, 500x379, alcoholsaviorofhumanity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

People used to laugh at me for my low alcohol tolerance, now I laugh at their drink bill shit-drunk while they're barely tipsy.

>> No.4769989

drinking is a pointless waste of money. its only acceptable because its legal. you don't use heroin, cocaine, or meth [i assume], why drink alcohol when it has the potential to produce addiction and kill brain cells just as well as any illegal drug? just live straight edge for the well-being of yourself and others.