[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.97 MB, 399x249, badassgifs7.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4755609 No.4755609 [Reply] [Original]

Drop here all your fucking favorite indian food recipes, /ck/.

>> No.4755610

No, you're not offering anything of your own in return.

>> No.4755613

>>4755609
>take anything that looks kind of delicious
>pound it into mush
>stir in 5lbs of curry

>> No.4755618
File: 17 KB, 250x250, 14597.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Baingan Bharta (Eggplant Curry)

This is a really easy and tasty Indian dish that is sure to stir up your taste buds. Delicious baingan bharta is ready to eat with pita bread, Indian naan, or rice.

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Place eggplant on a medium baking sheet. Bake 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender. Remove from heat, cool, peel, and chop.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix in cumin seeds and onion. Cook and stir until onion is tender.
Mix ginger garlic paste, curry powder, and tomato into the saucepan, and cook about 1 minute. Stir in yogurt. Mix in eggplant and jalapeno pepper, and season with salt. Cover, and cook 10 minutes over high heat. Remove cover, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro to serve.

>> No.4755624
File: 1.92 MB, 228x261, 1377384823172.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Chicken Russ Chaval:

Rice:

Two Cups Basmati Rice (Wash Well)
Clove
Salt
Bay leaf

Gravy:

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
Fuck Tons Ginger
Fuck Tons Garlic
Fuck Tons Green Chili
1 Large Onion to taste
2 Potatos
Garam Masala to taste
Tumeric
Pepper
Brown Sugar
Salt to taste
Cumin Powder
Cilantro Galore

>> No.4755625
File: 2.99 MB, 4320x3240, DSCN0204.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

One of my favorites is this butter chicken recipe made in my slow cooker. I freeze it in batches and just make rice and naan when I am working long hours.

40g butter
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 large skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 tablespoon Indian curry paste
2 teaspoons tandoori masala
1 teaspoon garam masala
140g tomato paste
15 green cardamom pods
1 (400ml) tin coconut milk
1 cup plain yoghurt
pinch of salt to taste

Melt the butter and vegetable oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Stir in the chicken, onion and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in the curry powder, curry paste, tandoori masala, garam masala and tomato paste until no lumps of tomato paste remain. Pour into a slow cooker, and stir in the cardamom pods, coconut milk and yoghurt. Season to taste with salt.
Cook on High 4 to 6 hours, or on Low 6 to 8 hours until the chicken is tender and the sauce has reduced to your desired consistency. Remove and discard the cardamom pods before serving.

pic related, about 1/2 through cooking

>> No.4755629

>>4755610
aaah, i can post some via email.

>> No.4755631

>>4755625

I'm so making this.

>> No.4755632
File: 491 KB, 249x193, tumblr_m46llvxba51qf6h58.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4755624
YUMMY.

Love the tons of garlic and ginger.
Gonna try this in the next days but without the chili.

>> No.4755636
File: 45 KB, 400x300, IMG_6234.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

you can't go wrong with chana masala

INGREDIENTS:

4 tsp sunflower oil
4 cloves garlic, grated fine
2 tsp fine grated ginger
1 big onion, grated coarsely
2 green chiles, sliced thin
2 tsp cayenne
2 tbsp ground cumin
2 tbsp ground coriander
3 tbsp plain yogurt
4 tsp garam masala
2 tsp tamarind paste
4 tsp curry powder
~ 2 lbs chick peas
cilantro and lime to serve

basmati rice and/or parathas

>> No.4755639

>>4755631
Do it!
I forgot to take a pic when it was ready but it tastes amazing.
If you intend to freeze it I usually double the ingredients and freeze some when it is still a bit 'watery' so when you reheat it is perfect/

>> No.4755643

>>4755632
cant skip on the chili, even add 1 and take the seeds and pith out. The green chili flavor is essential

>> No.4755646

>>4755636

METHOD

heat oil in wok on low heat. add garlic, ginger, onion, and chilies and fry til onion is light golden (6-8 min). add cayenne, cumin, coriander, yogurt, and garam masala. cook while stirring for a couple minutes until its nice and fragrant.

stir in 2 cups water (i prefer using coconut milk). bring 'er to a boil. add tamarind paste, curry powder, and chickpeas. bring 'er back to a boil.

lower the heat way down and let simmer until the sauce is nice and thick. half an hour or more.

hot glue tie down straps to a wide mouth funnel. insert funnel spout in mouth and strap funnel assembly to face. pour directly into gullet. use yogurt to lube funnel if things get stopped up.

enjoy!

>> No.4755650

>>4755625
>no fenugreek leaves

>> No.4755658

>>4755650
I never claimed it was authentic.
I also didn't specify which paste or many other things. It is a basic start to a butter chicken that I found and still make changes to every time I make it.

>> No.4755675

>>4755658
It's fine. Most curry powders have some fenugreek anyway, but I prefer the fresh stuff.

You might want to consider adding chilis and marinating the chicken overnight. I marinate mine in a mix of yoghurt, lemon juice, and garam masala.

Also, was the coconut milk your idea, or the original recipe? I'll definitely try that the next time I make butter chicken!

>> No.4755696

India. I am not a big fan of all Indian cooking. That would be dumb. Kind of like saying I ate in Miami so I don't like the way they cook in Maine. and I worked for a season for the Patel family. need not mention any names. Patel is like Smith . and though of different faiths, we became friends. and they tought me much. not just about cooking, but life. mostly vegitarian, ocassional chicken, and yes, some was "hot" but never overpowering. and they tought me how to cook rice, in large amounts or small correctly. basmati or jasmine rice. but also potatoes and califlour. and ghee. and they tend to be , um, let say frugal. I can deal with that. ( know how copper wire was invented? a Scott and a Jew fighting over an English penny ) I can say that because I am both. but they get put down all the time, sand niggers or rag heads, ( get a globe out, that is the other side of the world). but they were so nice to me, when they did not have to be. and no culture is perfect ( xcept mine) . and there are parts of India I would not care to live in. There are parts of the USA I prefer not to reside in , for long. i get dismayed when all you see is apoo and the quickie mart. they are MD;s Lawyers. ( and we really should get rid of them, but shakespere said that 500 years ago) business owners and labor. If looking to pick a fight, they have much on their plate;. If you want a friend, they are there. and pretty good food. just not all of it. but much. nice people.

>> No.4755715

>>4755675
Yeah my spice rack doesn't have any fenugreek yet, but it is on the list for my next trip to the indian store.
I grew up with very little exposure to spicy foods so I am still not able to handle much heat, but I will give chilli a try.
Good idea, I think I will make it again this weekend so I will try out a marinade too.

That recipe is pretty much the original that I base it off, I did like the idea of coconut milk and it works really well.

>> No.4755716

>>4755609
Get all of the spices in your spice rack cabinet cupboard. Get some rice on the stove. add water and boil the fuck out of it. Get the biggest bowl you have pour in some oil, take the biggest nasty lumpy smelly shit in it you can. Mix all of your spices in this. Add to pan and cook on high heat, add yogurt lentis and that shitty punjabi cheese.
Pour over your mushy rice

>> No.4755768

>>4755636
I would eat this