[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 518 KB, 577x1024, 2012-10-05_10-53-09_531.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4728438 No.4728438 [Reply] [Original]

dear /ck/

my boyfriend and I are celebrating our 4th anniversary sept 1st and was wondering if any of you couples do any delicious food traditions?

we both love to get messy in the kitchen. Usually we have a cheese plate with grapes and other fruits as well as wine, then a good dinner

in the past we've done take out because its little hassle, but now we're more hands on and love to make food that makes us smile.

prime food idea would either be something we could make together (like pizza, something hands on) or some fish dish. mmm. preferably not lobster or shrimp- halibut?
anyone have any good fish recipes?

>> No.4728537

>cheese plate

How about having a fondue set?

>> No.4728571
File: 328 KB, 1052x451, Steaks.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wish my partner liked to help out in the kitchen. You're so lucky in that respect.

Pizza-making is a good idea. When my sisters and I were young we used to have "pizza parties" for our birthday, where my dad (a competent chef) would make pizza dough and split it into little pizzas. We'd invite friends over so that they could each have a pizza too, and we would decorate them with whatever we wanted and then cook and eat them. I miss my dad.

Something else you could make together would be pasta from scratch. It's just flour, eggs and water (+potatoes if you want to make gnocchi which is great). It would be messy but memorable.

Fondue is cool, but less fun than it sounds because of the enormous amount of setup and cleanup required before and after your dinner. That's why people go to restaurants to eat fondue.

Random /ck/ image