[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 8 KB, 210x240, images (12).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4698687 No.4698687 [Reply] [Original]

So I have this really important date coming up with a girl from a few blocks away and I offered to cook her a dinner in my house, I was gonna cook up some steak and I'm just here to ask what sauce do I put on steak??

>> No.4698700

a 'white' sauce, perhaps

more of a glaze

>> No.4698706
File: 1.96 MB, 1040x1200, steakrecipe4ch.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Good steak doesn't need a sauce usually. Maybe finish it with butter. If you have to put a sauce on it make a chimichurri

>> No.4698742

here are some suggestions. in all cases, after cooking the steak, rest it a few minutes, then slice it against the grain for maximum tenderness and sauce adherence.

a) the old standard
steak, cooked seasonal greens (asparagus, spinach, zukes, whatever), and garlic mashed potats. after cooking the steak, throw some flour in the pan and make a roux. add liquid, whisk, add a lot of black pepper. pan gravy.

b) something light
steak. serve sliced over salad greens and cucumber chunks. make a red wine/balsamic vinegar dressing to top the steak salad with (go easy on the dressing, yo) and garnish with pickled red onions (just put some thinly sliced red onion in lemon juice in the fridge a few hours ahead of time, to make these). serve with fresh crusty bread and butter.

c) something rad
steak. make a pan gravy as an A, but add crumbled blue cheese and whisk until incorporated. serve sliced steak over fries, top with blue cheese peppercorn sauce. serve with a hearty brew. I don't know about your gal, but mine loves some fucking steak frites.

>> No.4700346

>>4698742
All three options sound fucking delicious

>> No.4700357

>>4698700
if-you-know-what-i-mean.jpg

>> No.4700368

>>4698700
I love a good bearnaise sauce.